How dare you?! UPDATE: Andrew Tate charged with rape

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Sure, but the currency these people use is engagement. Why do anything to help signal boost them at all? When Trump was POTUS or now that he's running, I get it. There's no reason to dunk on Shapiro, Tate, or their ilk. Hate engagement is still engagement.

No one is signal boosting when we’re not linking to the media they profit off of or directly to their tweets, and posting about them to a forum with like 3-4 dozen people.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No one is signal boosting when we’re not linking to the media they profit off of or directly to their tweets, and posting about them to a forum with like 3-4 dozen people.

Reposting their stuff is absolutely signal boosting even if the signal is small. There is no compelling reason to give these people even the tiniest bit of attention when being shitheel, attention seeking provocateurs is their entire brand.

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Reposting their stuff is absolutely signal boosting even if the signal is small. There is no compelling reason to give these people even the tiniest bit of attention when being shitheel, attention seeking provocateurs is their entire brand.

Strong disagree. Signal boosting is promoting them or allowing them to benefit. Posting a link in a thread on this forum that directs to a site with no affiliation to, say, Ben Shapiro’s stupidity regarding not understanding how murder mystery movies work, isn’t going to do anything to boost his signal. Boosting a signal would involve directing traffic to him in a way that he would benefit.

Now, if a page that has several thousand followers did it, maybe, sure. No one on DayOnePatch is going to actively seek out these people’s media in a way that they would inadvertently benefit.

• Halal 2

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

They are in the public discourse and conversation whether we like it or not. Discussion is not per se signal boosting. To suggest that it is or might be is a pretty blanket statement. It suggests we can't discuss perpetually negative people or things due to the harmful nature of the person or thing, but in a controlled environment such as this, I doubt it's harm outweighs the obvious need to discuss, dissect, and spread a message against their harmful message. Discussing positive messages when addressing hateful people and news is not hateful engagement, it's a rebuttal.

• Halal 1

I'm fine seeing these chodes get dunked on.

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

he’s been arrested 

wade won’t let me post tweets

andrew-tate-reportedly-seeking-two-warm-
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan have reportedly been arrested following a December 29 raid on their Romanian home.

? Never heard of Dexerto but it's the first thing on Google.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Romanian authorities needed proof that Andrew Tate was in the country so they reportedly used his social media posts. His ridiculous video yesterday featured a pizza from a Romanian pizza chain, Jerry's Pizza, confirming he was in the country.

@Kal-El814

Signal boosting a chud has worked out precisely once.

• Haha 4
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Romanian authorities needed proof that Andrew Tate was in the country so they reportedly used his social media posts. His ridiculous video yesterday featured a pizza from a Romanian pizza chain, Jerry's Pizza, confirming he was in the country.

Expand  

Talk about a self-fucking-own! 

I didn’t pay attention to the original tweet at first but it’s also a pretty weak attempt at owning the libs.

Like, he has 33 cars but it’s not like he is driving them all at once. Having that many cars that just sit there is probably better for the environment than them going to someone who will actually use them frequently.

• True 1

I only ever hear about them from here but personally I don’t mind having some passing knowledge in case someone brings them up. 

Besides that I’ll occasionally get a news feed pop up on a web browser with some article about Ben Shapiro complaining his wife’s vagina or whatever but mostly can stay away from a constant influx of shitty opinions which is essentially what social media is.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

They are in the public discourse and conversation whether we like it or not. Discussion is not per se signal boosting. To suggest that it is or might be is a pretty blanket statement. It suggests we can't discuss perpetually negative people or things due to the harmful nature of the person or thing, but in a controlled environment such as this, I doubt it's harm outweighs the obvious need to discuss, dissect, and spread a message against their harmful message. Discussing positive messages when addressing hateful people and news is not hateful engagement, it's a rebuttal.

Them being in the public discourse is a weak excuse. We don’t post when someone says something stupid on The Joe Rogan Experience because… who fucking cares? Or about Alex Jones when he’s not getting sued because… who cares? 

Andrew Tate gets arrested? Great, light it up. He has a Twitter beef with someone? Ben Shapiro fishes for engagement by tweeting about WAP? Jordan Peterson weeps while talking about poverty? Why engage at all? It’s complete bullshit. The reaction they get is what they’re looking for. Why give them anything?

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Them being in the public discourse is a weak excuse. We don’t post when someone says something stupid on The Joe Rogan Experience because… who fucking cares? Or about Alex Jones when he’s not getting sued because… who cares? 

Andrew Tate gets arrested? Great, light it up. He has a Twitter beef with someone? Ben Shapiro fishes for engagement by tweeting about WAP? Jordan Peterson weeps while talking about poverty? Why engage at all? It’s complete bullshit. The reaction they get is what they’re looking for. Why give them anything?

So you're complaining about signal boosting but you really just think they're unimportant and don't want to hear about them. Which is fine and perfectly reasonable but it doesn't make posting screenshots of their social media accounts signal boosting. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

So you're complaining about signal boosting but you really just think they're unimportant and don't want to hear about them. Which is fine and perfectly reasonable but it doesn't make posting screenshots of their social media accounts signal boosting. 

Importance isn’t the right word. I don’t doubt that these people occasionally do something newsworthy but Twitter beefs feel like such a stupid reason to draw attention to them or enter their orbit at all. 

And it’s not like the screenshots come from nowhere; someone’s going there and grabbing them. And yes, it’s a single view in a sea of hundreds of thousands or millions or whatever numbers these people drive. That just isn’t a compelling enough reason for my account, as pathetic and insignificant as it is, to be part of those numbers. 

Again, attention is what they want. Why give them any at all? It’s like Howard Stern haters in the 90’s who couldn’t help listening to him anyway. Just… don’t engage?