How dare you?! UPDATE: Andrew Tate charged with rape

27 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

You're  not actually supposed to recycle pizza boxes. You can, but you have to cut out and pieces of cardboard that have bits of cheese or grease on them because they can damage the machines that process it.

Depends on your local municipality, but the most up to date guidelines say pizza boxes are perfectly fine to recycle, grease and all.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Mine definitely says it’s not ok. 

Yeah, that was the common thought, but the most up to date research says any concerns over some grease and small amounts of cheese residue is overblown and shouldn't stop a box from being recyclable. That said, many places haven't updated their recycling guidelines.

My city updated their guidelines a year or two ago to say pizza boxes were allowed as long as it wasn't so greasy the box was falling apart.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

The town I lived in Oregon had recycle bins at each house, but nothing was actually recycled - everything just ended up in the landfill.  Lol

The only thing that people actually recycled was aluminum cans, because you got 10 cents for each one you turned in.

There’s a real problem I think with plastic recycling. Makes me sad because the idea is excellent.

i think recycling electronics works well, though. I THINK.

Just now, TyphoidHater said:

Add another municipality that says NO to soiled pizza boxes.

I usually just rip off the top and recycle that.

What about you @TUFKAK

My gf refuses to let me eat pizza out here as it doesn’t meet her standards so I skip the whole pizza box outright. But my county allows it if I ever sneak an order that she doesn’t know about which I can neither confirm or deny.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

My gf refuses to let me eat pizza out here as it doesn’t meet her standards so I skip the whole pizza box outright. But my county allows it if I ever sneak an order that she doesn’t know about which I can neither confirm or deny.

Oh that’s silly Round Table and Melos are good I don’t care what anyone says.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh that’s silly Round Table and Melos are good I don’t care what anyone says.

I’m not the one with east coast Italian standards for pizza here! I’ll enjoy little Caesar’s too. She of course doesn’t know this.

My gag gift to her was a gift certificate for domino’s and it went over great.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I’m not the one with east coast Italian standards for pizza here! I’ll enjoy little Caesar’s too. She of course doesn’t know this.

My gag gift to her was a gift certificate for domino’s and it went over great.

she is probably one of those people who want pizza to just be cheese and like one half slice of pepperoni or something smh

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I don’t have a Little Caesar’s near me which is quite unfortunate because it’s not bad given the value proposition. 

I have thrown down a slice or two of Little Caesars in the last year. Right out of the oven, it’s actually OK for a regular pep.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think most pizza (and food) snobs have bad taste so they can only judge pizza by the reputation or the (usually location based) difficulty of access to it instead of a personal opinion based on its own merit. 

Oh no, I got a whole lecture on crust depth and rise once.

she didn’t lie though, the pizza in Sardinia was better than the pizza in Naples.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

5 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

The town I lived in Oregon had recycle bins at each house, but nothing was actually recycled - everything just ended up in the landfill.  Lol

The only thing that people actually recycled was aluminum cans, because you got 10 cents for each one you turned in.

I think that pretty much all single stream recycling is currently ending up in landfills at the moment. It all just goes into a landfill waiting for some hypothetical future date where it becomes profitable to sort through it. It was always kinda a joke. People try to recycle everything and it ends up making the entire system worthless. It's just not economical. China used to buy the vast majority of our recycling and used their empty container ships to bring it back on the return trip to China... but they were also just putting it in landfills over there. It stopped being profitable for them too, so they no longer buy it from us. Recycling in this country is mostly a total lie. Unless you are sorting it yourself and driving it to recycling centers, it's ending up in a landfill.

Recycling as practiced in most of the world today is a scam perpetrated by big corporations who produce non-biodegradable containers to put the onus on individuals for a problem created by the corps in the first place.