Breaking: Houston police respond to emergency call from Ted Cruz's home involving "self-inflicted" stab wounds to teen girl

12536011_120622-ktrk-hpd-ted-cruz-img.jp
ABC13.COM

The Texas Republican's representatives told ABC13 that what happened Tuesday night was a family matter.

Houston police and fire department personnel responded to the Houston home of Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday night.

HPD told Eyewitness News that officers responded to reports of a 14-year-old with self-inflicted stab wounds on the arms in the upscale neighborhood of River Oaks. Police were in the front yard of Cruz's home when ABC13 arrived.

The teen was taken to the hospital.

• Sad 2

I kind of wish we didn't even know about this. As much as I loathe Ted Cruz, his daughter is a minor and IMO doesn't deserve to have her personal struggles with mental health become public just because of who her dad is. 

It would be nice if this would make Ted more human, but alas...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 4

5 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I kind of wish we didn't even know about this. As much as I loathe Ted Cruz, his daughter is a minor and IMO doesn't deserve to have her personal struggles with mental health become public just because of who her dad is. 

Agreed

i keep a name on my fridge to this day, she was the first time I ever sobbed at work, like full breakdown sobbing, she was only 17.

I didn’t know her but I’ll never forget her, now imagine if everyone knew her name.

horrifying 

• Hugs 3

Yeah, this story sucks and it’s a shame it’s out in the public like this.

Hopefully the kid gets the help she needs, silentbob mentioned above that she probably gets so much shit at school because of who her dad is. I can’t even imagine the shit she got after her dad blamed running to Cancun on her while Texans froze to death.

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

he will learn nothing and if it does come out it was actually his kid i would fully expect him to blame woke schools or some shit instead of your know......taking responsibility for being a piece of shit

• True 1

Thinking about it more, and the more I really don’t see why this had to be reported on. Now she has to deal with knowing that literally everyone in her school will know, all her friends and neighbors etc. This is a sad and delicate private situation that the public has no need to being involved in.

I guess I can see a case in that the police showing up to a senators house is probably going to get noticed and reported on regardless so they had to say what happened so that something false isn’t attributed to it.

Im not sure what the best way to deal with that is, but I’m thinking it’s not this. I hope the press at least has the morality to let the story die and not question Ted about it.

The replies in this thread are what Michelle Obama was talking about when she said “when they go low, we go high”.

There’s apparently other details to this story that I won’t mention because I don’t know if they’re true, and some unneeded discourse comparing this to other situations involving politicians that some on the left are using as “ha, see we’re better than them because we didn’t laugh.”

Fuck, I wish I didn’t click on the Trending section of Twitter today.

I’m glad we’re all above it.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

The replies in this thread are what Michelle Obama was talking about when she said “when they go low, we go high”.

There’s apparently other details to this story that I won’t mention because I don’t know if they’re true, and some unneeded discourse comparing this to other situations involving politicians that some on the left are using as “ha, see we’re better than them because we didn’t laugh.”

Fuck, I wish I didn’t click on the Trending section of Twitter today.

I’m glad we’re all above it.

boooooooo