The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

15 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

For the floating chests in the sky islands is there a way to build something that can fly/hover to/under them.

Hover stones can basically float, but can't be propelled by fans I don't think to get under them.

I can't figure out how to do this or if it's possible

Spoiler

Are you talking about the shrines where you bring the crystals to the shrine? You can rotate the island so that the chest is on top.

15 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

For the floating chests in the sky islands is there a way to build something that can fly/hover to/under them.

Hover stones can basically float, but can't be propelled by fans I don't think to get under them.

Yes, they're all possible to obtain. If your hover stone can't reach (it can be propelled by rockets but that's tricky) then maybe place it as close as you can and build a little bridge from it to the chest? Maybe attach something to the chest, shoot it down and then reverse time on the object you attached so it comes back to you? Make a loooong stick to poke and attach to the chest, then shoot it down and just pull the stick back? Set up a hot air balloon with a non-attached fire emitter to keep it hovering, with a fan or two on the back and a control stick so you can maneuver it, but also so when you let go of the controls it doesn't float back down?

There's a billion solutions, man!

• Halal 2

43 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

Just smooth brain it. I sometimes just knock them to the ground and dive out of the sky after them.

I do think it's worth remarking on the fact that this Zelda has the most engaging story of any Zelda game. I cared about what happened to the characters for the first time in a Zelda game and some of the scenes have great character payoffs, especially the penultimate scene where

Spoiler

Link dives after and catches Zelda. It's fantastic symmetry with how the game starts and the music they play as you race down to her with the final touch of the OG theme is fucking awesome.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

I'm nearing the point where I just need to push forward,  forget the 9000 side quests I still have open (seriously how can I have done so damn many and yet still have so many left) and get on with the main game,

Can someone tell me how much more I have to go? I'm at the point where I have 

Spoiler

finished up the temples and now I'm being told that Zelda is in the castle, everyone at lookout keep is looking at the castle

28 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm nearing the point where I just need to push forward,  forget the 9000 side quests I still have open (seriously how can I have done so damn many and yet still have so many left) and get on with the main game,

Can someone tell me how much more I have to go? I'm at the point where I have 

Reveal hidden contents

Did you finish the geoglyph quest as well and the obvious thing to do after it? If so, then

Spoiler

you have the castle thing you mentioned + 1 additional temple-like quest and then the end game to get to and give it to the man.

To be entirely correct though, like BOTW, everything after the tutorial sky islands is technically optional. You can go try to do the end game as early as you want, but it may not be easy :p 

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, legend said:

Did you finish the geoglyph quest as well and the obvious thing to do after it? If so, then

Reveal hidden contents

To be entirely correct though, like BOTW, everything after the tutorial sky islands is technically optional. You can go try to do the end game as early as you want, but it may not be easy :p 

I've already put in 165+ hours...I don't think I'll be ending the game early :lol:

• Haha 2

I'm at the point where armored gloom silver Lynel  or King Gleeoks aren't very scary and I really want to know where the story goes. I'm very torn between just finishing things to see what happens and enjoying my time in the world. A very first world, real struggle.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:15 PM, Brick said:

Honestly, my personal rule for media is three years. There's so much stuff out there that it can take people a while to get to stuff, whether it be games, a TV show, or movie. After three years though you can't really blame someone for talking openly about something. Obvious exception would be a thread that someone specifically makes about finally getting to something, and it'd be a dick move to ruin a twist ending or something. Like imagine someone never seeing Star Wars, and making a thread to talk about finally seeing the movies, and you spoil Darth Vader being Luke's father. 

Three years is absurd. 3 months for a game like this, on a gaming site, would be MORE than enough. 

• Halal 1

imo, you should just always avoid spoilers publicly and block them if necessary.

I'm glad when I watched Memento and Sixth Sense for the first time in 2006 that nobody had spoiled them for me. I watched Unbreakable for the first time last year and had no idea what the ending was; the whole experience was fresh. Watched Network for the first time a week or two ago and didn't know how it played out and ended. Watched Chinatown decades after the fact and didn't know anything.

For perspective, think of all the

Movies

TV Shows

Plays

Novels

Non-fiction books

Ham radio performances

News articles

News stories

Podcasts

Pop Music/Albums

Movie/Video Game OSTs

Live Concerts

Video games

Operas

Musicals

Dance performances

Documentaries

Stand-up performances

NFL sports games

Worldwide soccer games/tournaments

NHL games

NCAA men's games

NCAA women's games

NBA games

Golf games

Tennis games

Olympic games

Rugby games

Game shows

Youtube series/channels

Twitch streamers

Trade events (E3 for example)

Youtube videos

Tiktok videos

Instagram videos

Facebook videos

Twitter videos

that exist. Even including stuff you have no interest in consuming, has anybody watched the majority of all media, both informational and entertainment? There's shit you're not going to get to no matter how popular or well-known it is. I'm sure in the 60s, you could make a point that people should have a decent knowledge of most TV shows, but TV shows never stopped existing and now there are more streaming services than there were channels when TV began. Every day, a million new pieces of entertainment are created.

Just understand and respect that not everyone is on your timeline, and what Person A thinks someone should have already watched/played could be easily said against Person A for I'm sure a billion things they've not yet seen/heard.

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm at the point where armored gloom silver Lynel  or King Gleeoks aren't very scary and I really want to know where the story goes. I'm very torn between just finishing things to see what happens and enjoying my time in the world. A very first world, real struggle.

finish it..

its helpful to do so..

for completion purposes and because eventually you “crest” over the challenge of the game thus making the final quest too easy (which you already may have)..

best to do it as the “new-ness” is still there as opposed to being another casual box to check off

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

finish it..

its helpful to do so..

for completion purposes and because eventually you “crest” over the challenge of the game thus making the final quest too easy (which you already may have)..

best to do it as the “new-ness” is still there as opposed to being another casual box to check off

This was a worry of mine. I just took it the Gloom King Gleeok without much trouble, so I may get well have made things a bit too easy.

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

imo, you should just always avoid spoilers publicly and block them if necessary.

I'm glad when I watched Memento and Sixth Sense for the first time in 2006 that nobody had spoiled them for me. I watched Unbreakable for the first time last year and had no idea what the ending was; the whole experience was fresh. Watched Network for the first time a week or two ago and didn't know how it played out and ended. Watched Chinatown decades after the fact and didn't know anything.

For perspective, think of all the

Movies

TV Shows

Plays

Novels

Non-fiction books

Ham radio performances

News articles

News stories

Podcasts

Pop Music/Albums

Movie/Video Game OSTs

Live Concerts

Video games

Operas

Musicals

Dance performances

Documentaries

Stand-up performances

NFL sports games

Worldwide soccer games/tournaments

NHL games

NCAA men's games

NCAA women's games

NBA games

Golf games

Tennis games

Olympic games

Rugby games

Game shows

Youtube series/channels

Twitch streamers

Trade events (E3 for example)

Youtube videos

Tiktok videos

Instagram videos

Facebook videos

Twitter videos

that exist. Even including stuff you have no interest in consuming, has anybody watched the majority of all media, both informational and entertainment? There's shit you're not going to get to no matter how popular or well-known it is. I'm sure in the 60s, you could make a point that people should have a decent knowledge of most TV shows, but TV shows never stopped existing and now there are more streaming services than there were channels when TV began. Every day, a million new pieces of entertainment are created.

Just understand and respect that not everyone is on your timeline, and what Person A thinks someone should have already watched/played could be easily said against Person A for I'm sure a billion things they've not yet seen/heard.

I get where you’re coming from, and I try to not spoil things even when I’m not particularly sensitive to them myself. But also, if you’re 40+ pages into a thread about a game that people have been feverishly playing for weeks… ya might see some shit. Shrugs GIF

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I get where you’re coming from, and I try to not spoil things even when I’m not particularly sensitive to them myself. But also, if you’re 40+ pages into a thread about a game that people have been feverishly playing for weeks… ya might see some shit. Shrugs GIF

Truuuuue, but this game Is a different beast imo. Longass game and sometimes you just want a spoiler free OT since sometimes you just can’t play this massive thing.

Man, I just took my time tonight and was discovering shit and building up great weapons. This game is sneaking up in my top 10. It's basically a masterpiece in game design. I have 85 hours in now and I barely have scratched the surface of this game. 

I haven't even been to the depths AT all. Barely did anything in the sky. Jesus.  😆 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Man, I just took my time tonight and was discovering shit and building up great weapons. This game is sneaking up in my top 10. It's basically a masterpiece in game design. I have 85 hours in now and I barely have scratched the surface of this game. 

I haven't even been to the depths AT all. Barely did anything in the sky. Jesus.  😆 

Top 10? Shit you better rethink that. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Top 10? Shit you better rethink that. 

My top 10 is tight af with absolute classics. But...this game imo is already a classic and pretty remarkable how open and approachable it can be. I never seen a game like this except obviously BOTW but this is leagues better. 

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Truuuuue, but this game Is a different beast imo. Longass game and sometimes you just want a spoiler free OT since sometimes you just can’t play this massive thing.

I don’t want to be annoying and pedantic about this, but because it is such a sprawling game that can be experienced in basically any order, and more or less the whole game is about discovery, I don’t know what a truly spoiler-free discussion of this game looks like after a while. There’s only so many times you can say “wow it’s such an impressive game” before you want to start discussing some specifics. And there’s major events/story beats that are more clearly worthy of a spoiler label, but there’s a million other things that some people might not want to know, but would be hard to talk around, since you can’t exactly pinpoint every spoiler as “end of act 3” or whatever. 

• True 2

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

I don’t want to be annoying and pedantic about this, but because it is such a sprawling game that can be experienced in basically any order, and more or less the whole game is about discovery, I don’t know what a truly spoiler-free discussion of this game looks like after a while. There’s only so many times you can say “wow it’s such an impressive game” before you want to start discussing some specifics. And there’s major events/story beats that are more clearly worthy of a spoiler label, but there’s a million other things that some people might not want to know, but would be hard to talk around, since you can’t exactly pinpoint every spoiler as “end of act 3” or whatever. 

You nailed it here. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

The way on Reset works, which just puts things in spoilers and sometimes will reference the location.

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The way on Reset works, which just puts things in spoilers and sometimes will reference the location.

Well, since best and biggie were so quick to upvote me, I’m going to re-evaluate my entire stance on this issue. 

• Haha 4
  • Sicko 1

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Three years is absurd. 3 months for a game like this, on a gaming site, would be MORE than enough. 

What does it cost you to use spoiler tags? I'm not saying not discussing games or movies at all, I'm saying people should be considerate and just mark their spoilers. With everyone having busy schedules, and so much media out there these days, no three months is not enough time. I'm sure there are games with the past 12 months that you haven't played yet that you'd be pretty annoyed if they got spoiled for you. 

I haven’t bought yet, but the game is $10 off starting tomorrow at Walmart in Canada. Thinking of getting it tomorrow for my sister who is leaving her job on Monday. She is taking the summer off to recharge before looking again, and so a nice treat might be in store for her

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

What does it cost you to use spoiler tags? I'm not saying not discussing games or movies at all, I'm saying people should be considerate and just mark their spoilers. With everyone having busy schedules, and so much media out there these days, no three months is not enough time. I'm sure there are games with the past 12 months that you haven't played yet that you'd be pretty annoyed if they got spoiled for you. 

I can agree. I try not to spoil anything in my posts but it really isn't difficult to use spoilers. I think we are just too lazy lol.

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

I haven’t played Jedi Survivor yet, so I’m not going to read through that entire thread right now. You do have some control of this situation. :p

I will add this as far as spoilers go. BotW and TotK are weird games. They are the ultimate counter to linear games. Anything that happens after the Link awakens and steps out onto the sky island is a potential spoiler. Like, I cleared a dozen or so shrines before I even knew where to find the glider.

• Halal 1