The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did anyone have trouble with

Reveal hidden contents

Help!

Spoiler

Each version you fight should drop a gloom sword or something. Fuse that shit to one of your weapons (as opposed to using it directly so that you don't take gloom damage) and just smack each phantom with it. It will melt through them laughably fast.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, legend said:

Hide contents

Each version you fight should drop a gloom sword or something. Fuse that shit to one of your weapons (as opposed to using it directly so that you don't take gloom damage) and just smack each phantom with it. It will melt through them laughably fast.

I beat it! I hid and shot arrows straight in their eyes. God I feel good right now!

:santasun:

Question for @Xbob42 or you Legend, is it actually worth upgrading your gear through faries? That seems like a lot of work. 

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I beat it! I hid and shot arrows straight in their eyes. God I feel good right now!

Question for @Xbob42 or you Legend, is it actually worth upgrading your gear through faries? That seems like a lot of work. 

If you keep dying to strong monsters, the answer is yes.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

If you keep dying to strong monsters, the answer is yes.

Well I'm at the woodland stables doing the fairy quest and each time I try to build there broken wagon they say leave it alone? I have the horse and harness ready to take them up to the fairy. Wtf is going on?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Well I'm at the woodland stables doing the fairy quest and each time I try to build there broken wagon they say leave it alone? I have the horse and harness ready to take them up to the fairy. Wtf is going on?

Did you talk to them first? Bring back whichever musician they spoke about? I don't think you can just go in and repair the wagon without actually doing the mini quest.

• Hugs 2

23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Did you talk to them first? Bring back whichever musician they spoke about? I don't think you can just go in and repair the wagon without actually doing the mini quest.

You were correct in that I had to activate a mini quest in order to get the wagon to travel to the great fairy. I just upgraded my armor and will now unlock the 3 remaining fairies. As always, thank you for your quick responses!

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I couldn't summon them so yea, it's not true. 

Sorry didnt mean to confuse..

my small complaint with the companions is that in a battle when you are trying to use one of their abilities in a fight they seemingly run away or disregard Link.. the whistling as they are in a battle does tell them to disengage whatever theyre doing and come to Link… its not made up, its one of the hints the game gives.. 

17 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Sorry didnt mean to confuse..

my small complaint with the companions is that in a battle when you are trying to use one of their abilities in a fight they seemingly run away or disregard Link.. the whistling as they are in a battle does tell them to disengage whatever theyre doing and come to Link… its not made up, its one of the hints the game gives.. 

Ohh...got ya! Thanks for the clarification. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Absolutely. Fully upgraded armor is worth about 18 hearts. 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, legend said:

Absolutely. Fully upgraded armor is worth about 18 hearts. 

@Xbob42 and you Legend...I unlocked all 4 fairies today and upgraded what I have. I need more armor to upgrade though and more materials. I need to collect every single object I get when killing enemies from now on.

I'm now on the main mission to enter into the deep chasm which I'm not ready for. I'm going to chill a bit after today and do more shrines and find more armor, materials. and weapons tomorrow.

I played a total of 8 hours today so I'm drained but I accomplished a lot. Beating Ganons phantoms  in the castle was tough for me and figuring out how to unlock the faries was time consuming as well.

I'm now 85 hours in and I'm starting to think this is now in my top 10 games I've ever played. The story is getting interesting which BOTW completely lacked. This world and the level of interactivity is beyond words.

This is one of the best achievements in videogame history. When Nintendo wants to make magic and put all their resources towards a game you get a complete masterpiece. 

I'm in awe and even now I want to go back to play go see what I can discover. If any game deserves a 10/10 this would be that title. 

@Biggie You were on to something early own in your praise for this game. 

Question, how far do I need to advance to get the master sword?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 and you Legend...I unlocked all 4 fairies today and upgraded what I have. I need more armor to upgrade though and more materials. I need to collect every single object I get when killing enemies from now on.

I'm now on the main mission to enter into the deep chasm which I'm not ready for. I'm going to chill a bit after today and do more shrines and find more armor, materials. and weapons tomorrow.

I played a total of 8 hours today so I'm drained but I accomplished a lot. Beating Ganons phantoms  in the castle was tough for me and figuring out how to unlock the faries was time consuming as well.

I'm now 85 hours in and I'm starting to think this is now in my top 10 games I've ever played. The story is getting interesting which BOTW completely lacked. This world and the level of interactivity is beyond words.

This is one of the best achievements in videogame history. When Nintendo wants to make magic and put all their resources towards a game you get a complete masterpiece. 

I'm in awe and even now I want to go back to play go see what I can discover. If any game deserves a 10/10 this would be that title. 

@Biggie You were on to something early own in your praise for this game. 

TotK is my #1 game ever. For me personally. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You can get the Master Sword as soon as you have two circles of stamina. There are a few missions that lead you there, but if your want some great story pieces, I'd recommend looking for Impa and getting the glyph mission going.

54 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You can get the Master Sword as soon as you have two circles of stamina. There are a few missions that lead you there, but if your want some great story pieces, I'd recommend looking for Impa and getting the glyph mission going.

Could you elaborate on that a bit?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Could you elaborate on that a bit?

There's a character named Impa that's waiting for you outside of New Serenne Stable. Talk to her to kick off a new quest that will naturally lead you to the Master Sword. It's not a very difficult quest, but the story beats are fantastic.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

There's a character named Impa that's waiting for you outside of New Serenne Stable. Talk to her to kick off a new quest that will naturally lead you to the Master Sword. It's not a very difficult quest, but the story beats are fantastic.

Very useful information! Thank you.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

You'll need at least two circles of stamina, so when you do that depends on how you've prioritized shrines. 

If you want to know which quests to follow to lead you to it read the below.

Spoiler

Complete the geoglyphs quests and optionally consider heading to the lost forest.

If you want to spoil it entirely and learn exactly how to get it read the below.

Spoiler

Land on the light dragon, and you will find it on its head.

5 minutes ago, legend said:

You'll need at least two circles of stamina, so when you do that depends on how you've prioritized shrines. 

If you want to know which quests to follow to lead you to it read the below.

Hide contents

Complete the geoglyphs quests and optionally consider heading to the lost forest.

If you want to spoil it entirely and learn exactly how to get it read the below.

Hide contents

Land on the light dragon, and you will find it on its head.

I have 2 full circles of stamina. Is the 

Spoiler

dragon extremely difficult?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I have 2 full circles of stamina. Is the 

Reveal hidden contents

dragon extremely difficult?

Spoiler

You don't fight it, you just need to land on it and walk to the dragon's head. There's no combat at all.

Story wise landing on the dragon and getting the sword is going to be a lot more impactful if you do the whole geoglyph quest first. If you have the towers unlocked it shouldn't take too long.

Practically speaking, landing on the dragon is a lot easier if you find your way into the Lost Woods and help out...

Spoiler

The Great Deku Tree.

Doing this will literally put the Light Dragon on your map as a quest marker for you to find as it flies around Hyrule.

You don't NEED to do any of that though, you can just go for it now that you know about it.

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I was reading that this ruins the story doing these quests? Lol...I mean I'm not invested in the story too greatly. What do you think? He is saying progress the story naturally.

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was reading that this ruins the story doing these quests? Lol...I mean I'm not invested in the story too greatly. What do you think? He is saying progress the story naturally.

This is the story. If you go into the minus menu I'm the game, under Adventure Log is a section called Memories. Impa's quest is to fill up like 80% of those. I have no idea how it would ruin the story. I found the whole thing enthralling. Like, the moment I started them, I had to see them through to the end.

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 I decided to to the Impa quests before getting the master sword. Good idea?

Yes, though I'm surprised you hadn't started it yet, should've been finished with it by now! Well, if you've got plenty of fast travel points unlocked you can do the whole thing real quick.

26 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This is the story. If you go into the minus menu I'm the game, under Adventure Log is a section called Memories. Impa's quest is to fill up like 80% of those. I have no idea how it would ruin the story. I found the whole thing enthralling. Like, the moment I started them, I had to see them through to the end.

Well I'm in the process of doing the impa quests now making progress.

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Impa is giving me know details in where to go after I reached the forgotten temple? Should I skip all this and just get the master sword?

I'm deciding to do the impa quests in order to get the master sword. I'll figure it out.

@Xbob42 Well I spent over 3 hours in doing the impa quests (it's 4am here) and apparently I have one left I did take notice of.

Spoiler

The last vision from the last geoglyph I did was Zelda getting the master sword and calling for link. That was it. Nothing else happened after all that work and time. Do I have to finish that last geoglyph to get the master sword? How does it work?

The stories that go along with the geoglyphs are great and flesh out this very good story. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I read if you're not far enough in the game you don't get the master sword after finishing the geoglyphs? I could have sworn i did all 12. I'm frustrated.

No. The only thing that can prevent you from getting the master sword at any point--Geoglphys or not--is whether you have at least two staminal wheels.

27 minutes ago, legend said:

No. The only thing that can prevent you from getting the master sword at any point--Geoglphys or not--is whether you have at least two staminal wheels.

I have two stamina wheels and finished the geoglyphs quests...all 12. Now I just need to get the sword some how.