The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

I tried fighting Ganon phantom and I had no weapons to do it. It was in the deku tree. I don't know where to get great weapons anymore because I usually got them in shrines. I don't see any shrines around anymore. 

I can't find the dragon to get the master sword so I'm fucked right now.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I tried fighting Ganon phantom and I had no weapons to do it. It was in the deku tree. I don't know where to get great weapons anymore because I usually got them in shrines. I don't see any shrines around anymore. 

I can't find the dragon to get the master sword so I'm fucked right now.

You can find non-degraded weapons in the depths, then fuse them to black bokoblin horns or something 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

You can find non-degraded weapons in the depths, then fuse them to black bokoblin horns or something 

Yea, I'll have to do that tonight because I want to beat his ass.

In spoilers, how easy does it become to access the master sword then? 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I'll have to do that tonight because I want to beat his ass.

In spoilers, how easy does it become to access the master sword then? 

Spoiler

It’s literally on the map afterwards. Just speak to the deku tree after you kill the gloom stuff. There’s a sky tower it hangs out near and you can just shoot out of the tower and hop on.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:
  Hide contents

It’s literally on the map afterwards. Just speak to the deku tree after you kill the gloom stuff. There’s a sky tower it hangs out near and you can just shoot out of the tower and hop on.

Awesome! I've been trying to wait and find the dragon for hours to jump on and it's litteraly impossible to find him. I have to man up and beat Ganon and do it the correct way. Thanks for the info. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Spork3245 @Xbob42 

Another question. Once I get the master sword today is that the most powerful weapon in the game? Meaning do I need any other weapon besides that?

It's the best weapon when you're doing the final boss and stuff (since it can't break/run out of energy during the final boss fight, so anything you fuse to it, provided it's an item that breaks when the weapon breaks, will last the entire fight) and it's great in the depths and stuff (when it glows you're guaranteed crits, i.e. double damage) and against certain enemies (again, check the glow) but in general other stuff you have for normal enemies can be a lot stronger.

That said, having a good weapon that recharges frequently meant anytime it was ready to go I used it, which saved many other weapons.

But if you're looking for an insanely powerful weapon to one-shot everything, the Master Sword ain't it! (Nor is anything else!)

If you've got like a million mid-grade monster fuse items then you can just fuse those each time it recharges and it really can be a powerful weapon, but a personal favorite of mine is getting good Gerudo weapons and fusing my strongest stuff to those (always saving at least 1 for the final boss fight) because they get a big fuse damage multiplier!

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@Spork3245 @Xbob42 

Another question. Once I get the master sword today is that the most powerful weapon in the game? Meaning do I need any other weapon besides that?

There are stronger weapons but they break. Master Sword has 30 damage and 60 damage when near gloom (I think), and can be fused with strong monster parts. Master Sword doesn't break, BUT, it "runs out of energy" when it does whatever was fused to it breaks and it takes 10 minutes to recharge.

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly in the DLC for Breath of the Wild you were able to upgrade the Master Sword to 60 permanently and it never broke, but I never finished the Master Trials.

Also, I got the gold horse, so now I’m riding in style.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

If I remember correctly in the DLC for Breath of the Wild you were able to upgrade the Master Sword to 60 permanently and it never broke, but I never finished the Master Trials.

Wow, that sounds awesome about the sword. I wish it were like that in TOTK. Nice about the gold horse, too!

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

The Master Sword still loses its charge after finishing the Trials of the Sword. The power level goes to 60, I don’t recall if it has any impact on the durability.

Finishing the Master Trials on Master Mode was an exercise in cheese and cowardice that I don’t recommend anyone complete, Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Ah shit, if that’s directed at me that’s my bad, I didn’t think of how big mine actually was.

It's been a few people. I'm kind of skimming this thread at this point. Like, I don't want to know how to get the Master Sword, I just want to find it myself. 

• Hugs 2

Yeah, I think we need to keep this thread spoiler-free or at minimum spoilers-marked (using spoiler tags); the game has only been out for just over three weeks and there's so much content, people are playing at different rates, etc. that I don't think we're outside of that window by any reasonable stretch of the imagination. 

Please let me know if you strongly disagree. :cheers:

• Halal 3

55 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah, I think we need to keep this thread spoiler-free or at minimum spoilers-marked (using spoiler tags); the game has only been out for just over three weeks and there's so much content, people are playing at different rates, etc. that I don't think we're outside of that window by any reasonable stretch of the imagination. 

Please let me know if you strongly disagree. :cheers:

Honestly, my personal rule for media is three years. There's so much stuff out there that it can take people a while to get to stuff, whether it be games, a TV show, or movie. After three years though you can't really blame someone for talking openly about something. Obvious exception would be a thread that someone specifically makes about finally getting to something, and it'd be a dick move to ruin a twist ending or something. Like imagine someone never seeing Star Wars, and making a thread to talk about finally seeing the movies, and you spoil Darth Vader being Luke's father. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Brick said:

Honestly, my personal rule for media is three years. There's so much stuff out there that it can take people a while to get to stuff, whether it be games, a TV show, or movie. After three years though you can't really blame someone for talking openly about something. Obvious exception would be a thread that someone specifically makes about finally getting to something, and it'd be a dick move to ruin a twist ending or something. Like imagine someone never seeing Star Wars, and making a thread to talk about finally seeing the movies, and you spoil Darth Vader being Luke's father. 

Agreed. 

I also think it's fine if someone wants to create a thread called something like "Tears of the Kingdom [OPEN SPOILERS]" or similar and discuss things completely openly. Setting the thread title like that at least sets a clear expectation and people can decide whether to enter or not. But the default should be spoiler-free, IMO. 

Note to self. Don't enter underworld coliseums without gloom recovering food.

Spoiler

So I just got Majora's Mask and I made it WAY harder on myself than I needed to. I didn't realize this map was going to lead me to a coliseum with a boss rush of five Lynel.

I went into that coliseum with no gloom recovering food and barely made it out alive thanks to a single fairy I happened to have in my pocket.

I  retrospect, I probably should have warped away, cooked a little, and gone back.

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

Agreed. 

I also think it's fine if someone wants to create a thread called something like "Tears of the Kingdom [OPEN SPOILERS]" or similar and discuss things completely openly. Setting the thread title like that at least sets a clear expectation and people can decide whether to enter or not. But the default should be spoiler-free, IMO. 

Wouldnt be too bad, but once everyone re-affirms that the zelda timeline is super convoluted and how this being a direct sequel to BOTW leaves many “wtf” questions up in the air, its pretty much done..

What does everyones Link look like most of the time anyhow??

I got Hylian Tunic in green,

hylian trousers in their default color 

Cap of Twilight for the head

at times i alternate to

champion tunic with hylian hood (hood down, brown)

11 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

Wouldnt be too bad, but once everyone re-affirms that the zelda timeline is super convoluted and how this being a direct sequel to BOTW leaves many “wtf” questions up in the air, its pretty much done..

It leaves one question in the air and I think that question gets answered if we stop thinking characters like Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are reincarnations of their prior selves. That and if we just take at face value that there were two The Imprisoning Wars; one with Rauru we see in TotK and one before LttP that, instead, sealed Ganondorf in the then corrupted Sacred Realm/Dark World.

BotW and TotK takes place a thousand plus years after all that noise with flashbacks that take place an unknown number of years before Minish Cap, maybe even before Skyward Sword.

I don't know. The timeline doesn't seem that fucked up to me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Read this

Spoiler
zelda_tears_of_the_kingdom_links_hair_sc
WWW.NINTENDO-INSIDER.COM

Let's face it, Link's hair is looking particularly scruffy in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TotK). Luckily, you can change Link's hairstyle in

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Read this

Hide contents
zelda_tears_of_the_kingdom_links_hair_sc
WWW.NINTENDO-INSIDER.COM

Let's face it, Link's hair is looking particularly scruffy in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TotK). Luckily, you can change Link's hairstyle in

Thanks. That was an interesting read. This game is absolutely stunning.

For the floating chests in the sky islands is there a way to build something that can fly/hover to/under them.

Hover stones can basically float, but can't be propelled by fans I don't think to get under them.

I can't figure out how to do this or if it's possible