The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Yep. I try to ride boulders that fall from the sky too and use rewind to get really high in the sky to search for shrines. 

That's fine for the lower sky islands, but dude you need to build your own flying machine to get a lot higher than that. A steering stick and 2 fans is all you need.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

That's fine for the lower sky islands, but dude you need to build your own flying machine to get a lot higher than that. A steering stick and 2 fans is all you need.

Yea, I've built a flying machine and use it occasionally.

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Use an online shrine map if you really need more health. Have you upgraded your armor? Armor upgrades are even more important than health upgrades if you want to actually survive. At the point you're at you definitely want about 40-60 armor, higher the better of course. You can see your armor total on the armor equip screen. The first number tells you your current armor while the second of course tells you what it'll be if you switch to the piece you're highlighting.

And armor works very simply:

1 heart = 4 HP (each quadrant is 1 HP)

So every 4 armor means you take 1 less heart of damage. So you can imagine 40 armor reducing the damage you take from each hit by 10 hearts is pretty dramatic, while 60 armor reduces it by a whopping 15. You still always take a minimum of 1 HP of damage of course, with some enemies doing at least 1 full heart of damage.

Good food can also drastically increase this number, so look up some easy recipes that do a triple armor boost. If you noticed when you cook certain foods, for attack and defense you'll get a little sword or armor icon. A single icon usually isn't very strong, but all 3 is big. These are flat bonuses that are quite good, so it's worth always make the best possible. If you're low on rupees, go mining in caves and wells and whatnot and sell the gems for loads of rupees so you can buy what you need from shops.

One hell of an informative post. Thank you very much. 

Where is good places to get high armor or upgrade?

You have to unlock the Great Fairy fountains to upgrade your armor, if you haven't yet. There's a quest at one of the stables or something (I'd just look up "how to unlock great fairies totk" in case my memory is off) to start getting a musical troupe back together, do every quest in that chain and you'll unlock all 4 fountains. Each fountain allows you to upgrade further and further. Upgrades typically require rupees and monster parts, so I hope you haven't been selling those off or throwing them in the river or anything. Certain armors require different items like gemstones or those little star bits that fall out of the sky.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

You have to unlock the Great Fairy fountains to upgrade your armor, if you haven't yet. There's a quest at one of the stables or something (I'd just look up "how to unlock great fairies totk" in case my memory is off) to start getting a musical troupe back together, do every quest in that chain and you'll unlock all 4 fountains. Each fountain allows you to upgrade further and further. Upgrades typically require rupees and monster parts, so I hope you haven't been selling those off or throwing them in the river or anything. Certain armors require different items like gemstones or those little star bits that fall out of the sky.

I horde everything I get and sell minerals as much as I can. I believe I have over 3,000 rupees. I'll look that up about the fairies.

Thanks a lot for your detailed help.

I looked up the Fairy armor upgrade places and it's seems pretty indepth it getting a fairy to appear. Do you need to upgrade armor to beat this game? 

Are there places where you can straight up buy powerful armor without all the trouble?

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I looked up the Fairy armor upgrade places and it's seems pretty indepth it getting a fairy to appear. Do you need to upgrade armor to beat this game? 

Are there places where you can straight up buy powerful armor without all the trouble?

Nope, no armor starts out strong.

Also it's pretty simple. Just go to where the musicians are and solve whatever their little problem is, and then drive them to the fairy. Repeat four times and you're done.

And you want powerful armor if you want to stop dying to powerful monsters. Technically you could probably get away with using powerful defensive food, but that's a much bigger pain in the ass in my opinion. Plus different armor sets give bonuses once upgraded which are nice!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nah that would be too easy. They make you do these quests first. 

• Thanks 1

So I got my first crappy horse and registered it. Named him dork because he sucks. Then they like yo, we got all your old badass horses from your last adventure. I slowly looked towards Dork and thought. You know what dork. First cliff I find near a stable imma jump you off. Whip out my trusty paraglider and watch. Then, THEN you know what imma gonna do. I’m gonna find that damn horse god and you know what I’m gonna say? NOTHING. Not a gawddamn thing

i reach into my pouch and grab an apple. I say to dork. Here, have it. It’s your last gawddamn one!

• Haha 1

@Xbob42 I will do the fairy quest to increase my stats but I'm still wondering where you get awesome armor?

Shops around the world have some armor, although a lot of it is hidden in the depths. There are tricky chests on the sky islands that contain treasure maps that show you where these armor pieces are.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Shops around the world have some armor, although a lot of it is hidden in the depths. There are tricky chests on the sky islands that contain treasure maps that show you where these armor pieces are.

Ouch. I saw armor for 5,000 rupees at korikoro village. Is that good armor? 

Please forgive my spelling.   😆 

Most armor upgrades to be about roughly the same when it comes to defense, the things that set them apart are usually the things individual pieces do (like cold resistance, increased attack, better gliding movement, etc) along with set bonuses. If you're not worried about spoiling some of the armors in-game, I'd look up a list of them and how they upgrade.

That said, if you just want a practical, simple "I don't want to die" set of armor, you can upgrade the basic Hylian gear and I think maxed out it gives a whopping 60 defense, which is only beaten by like 1 or 2 sets that are much more difficult to get.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, best3444 said:

Anyone?

Dunno if anyone answered this, but go into the + menu and go the page with your special items, stuff like saddles / bridles, etc. The avatars have icons on that page and you can dismiss / summon them from there.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

If you talk to that shopkeeper you can start a very short quest that will get the armor to normal price.

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Dunno if anyone answered this, but go into the + menu and go the page with your special items, stuff like saddles / bridles, etc. The avatars have icons on that page and you can dismiss / summon them from there.

Yea, I found it myself. I actually prefer having my companions with me because they kick some serious ass.

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If you talk to that shopkeeper you can start a very short quest that will get the armor to normal price.

Awesome to hear. The prices were 5000 rupees and I walked out the store laughing. I have plenty on rupees to afford reasonably priced armor.

I just want to thank @Xbob42 and @Kal-El814 for being so patient with me with my questions and giving detailed answers. This helps a lot. YouTube helps as well but you guys narrow things down for me to understand. 

• Halal 1

On 6/1/2023 at 2:21 PM, best3444 said:

Not sure what summon stones are. I'll have to look it up after work unless I get more responses. Thank you for lookin out!

Did you ever get your answer on this? If you're talking about the sages, go to your inventory then over to Key Items.  You can enable/disable each one individually there. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Slug said:

Did you ever get your answer on this? If you're talking about the sages, go to your inventory then over to Key Items.  You can enable/disable each one individually there. 

Yep, I figured it out after I posted that originally. I prefer them active because they truly help in combat. 

• True 1

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yep, I figured it out after I posted that originally. I prefer them active because they truly help in combat. 

I tend to keep them off until I need them. I don't find them super useful in combat since I can't predict where they'll go.

Just now, Slug said:

I tend to keep them off until I need them. I don't find them super useful in combat since I can't predict where they'll go.

They usually stick right around Lunk for the most part. Tulin or whatever his name is is worthless in combat lol. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They usually stick right around Lunk for the most part. Tulin or whatever his name is is worthless in combat lol. 

My guys might be dumb then. :P I'm like, "I could really use ability x right now" and my buddy is 20 yards away squaring off with some rando. Like during exploration stuff they tend to stick by me, but during combat my dudes always go all Leroy Jenkins.

2 minutes ago, Slug said:

My guys might be dumb then. :P I'm like, "I could really use ability x right now" and my buddy is 20 yards away squaring off with some rando. Like during exploration stuff they tend to stick by me, but during combat my dudes always go all Leroy Jenkins.

They can pull a Leroy at times but I maneuver around to get close to absorb their abilities.  It's definitely not perfect.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

They can pull a Leroy at times but I maneuver around to get close to absorb their abilities.  It's definitely not perfect.

The thing is the game has a mechanic where you can press down on d-pad and summon them to you… same as you would whistle for a horse..

I have the instances if frustration where they seemingly and deliberately run from you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

The thing is the game has a mechanic where you can press down on d-pad and summon them to you… same as you would whistle for a horse..

I have the instances if frustration where they seemingly and deliberately run from you

I didn't know you could summon them like a horse with the d-pad. Thanks 

7 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I didn't know you could summon them like a horse with the d-pad. Thanks 

Uh you can? This is news to me. Please tell me how to summon companions using the D-Pad.