The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

I feel like Elden Ring just guided a little better where you should go first, which is surprising since it was still pretty vague. Maybe it’s just chance. But here it seems like it’s like “go to any of these four points!” But then that’s not really the case.

That’s fair. It’s like if Elden Ring started off my saying “here are the 4 main bosses you need to kill, go do that however you want”. But also if you immediately follow the path laid down by ER at the start you’ll probably quickly get stuck on Margit while trying to get into the castle, when there’s definitely easier ways to start in that game.

I don’t remember what it was specifically, but something early on in TotK prompted me to start going northwest in a way that felt pretty natural. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I feel like Elden Ring just guided a little better where you should go first, which is surprising since it was still pretty vague. Maybe it’s just chance. But here it seems like it’s like “go to any of these four points!” But then that’s not really the case.

I’ve barely started but it wasn’t really “go to any of these four points”. It was more like “go to any of these four points… but really, you should go here first. Did I mention that you should go here first? Yeah, go there”

• True 1

Elden Ring leads you directly to Margit which beat the shit out of even experienced Souls players because they're almost always gonna be drastically underleveled for it. I know it's the reason several people quit Elden Ring early on. Between him and the tree horse dude at the start, I bet many thought the game was just there to twist their nipples.

After 60 plus hours I finally ran into something that takes the game from a 10 to a 9.8 for me. The Water Temple boss. Fuck that piece of water shit and the shitty mechanic you have to use to defeat him. 3 down and only lightening to go. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

After 60 plus hours I finally ran into something that takes the game from a 10 to a 9.8 for me. The Water Temple boss. Fuck that piece of water shit and the shitty mechanic you have to use to defeat him. 3 down and only lightening to go. 

Wait till you run into the lightning boss lol.

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

My guess is you were frustrated by him running away? If so, what I found useful was to just hit him with a homing eyeball-fused arrow. That grounds him and then you can just dash over and wallop him.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, legend said:

My guess is you were frustrated by him running away? If so, what I found use was to just hit him with a homing eyeball-fused arrow. That's grounds him and then you can just dash over and wallop him.

Good idea but I finally beat him. Just not a fan of that whole fight. 

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

He's so easy, though. Just make sure you're stocked up on splash fruit and go ham. Everytime I've ever encountered him in the underworld, I always take him on. I'm pretty sure I've already fought that stupid octopus boy like 3 or 4 times in the dark by now.

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Good idea but I finally beat him. Just not a fan of that whole fight. 

But in all seriousness the lightning boss was my most difficult. His second phase that is. You can do it because you're more skilled than I am.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Anyone?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Figured it out. I'm a moron lol.

lol I was about to tell you. I like having them along side me. They distract enemies especially when there is a mob. And they help fight a little bit. 

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

That’s fair. It’s like if Elden Ring started off my saying “here are the 4 main bosses you need to kill, go do that however you want”. But also if you immediately follow the path laid down by ER at the start you’ll probably quickly get stuck on Margit while trying to get into the castle, when there’s definitely easier ways to start in that game.

I don’t remember what it was specifically, but something early on in TotK prompted me to start going northwest in a way that felt pretty natural. 

Because the game literally tells you to go and start there. Duh. Read below. 

2 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’ve barely started but it wasn’t really “go to any of these four points”. It was more like “go to any of these four points… but really, you should go here first. Did I mention that you should go here first? Yeah, go there”

Right? lol

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

lol I was about to tell you. I like having them along side me. They distract enemies especially when there is a mob. And they help fight a little bit. 

Yes, having companions with you is a big help so I'm keepin them around. 

Side note, where is a good place to loot health and weapons? I went through all of my stuff beating the dungeons. :(

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Side note, where is a good place to loot health and weapons? I went through all of my stuff beating the dungeons. :(

You can get some great shields in Hyrule Castle. Luckily, until you start a quest pointing you there, there are barely any enemies around other than a ton of gloom. For weapons, go underground and loot them from the ghosts. Not only are they good weapons, they're also the best source for clean weapons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

You can get some great shields in Hyrule Castle. Luckily, until you start a quest pointing you there, there are barely any enemies around other than a ton of gloom. For weapons, go underground and loot them from the ghosts. Not only are they good weapons, they're also the best source for clean weapons.

Problem is my quest is now directing me to the castle with very difficult enemies. I died once I got there so I won't have any luck finding weapons there. 

You use the wells to go underground, correct? Are the enemies difficult? What light source do you use down there?

Also, where can I get good armor? I spent two hours tonight aimlessly wandering around trying to loot and failed miserably.  😆 

How the hell did you have trouble with mucktorok? I mean even if you fight it like a classic Zelda boss all you gotta do is jump into the air with the low gravity and use bullet time splash fruit arrows!

Barring that, drop a homing cart, put a stake on top of it if you have one, just vertically for height. Then pop a big wheel sideways on top of that (so the axle is attached to the stake) and then put a couple of hydrants of top of the wheel and put a stabilizer somewhere. It's basically a big sprinkler that, thanks to the homing cart, will follow the boss around and clean the entire area while it's at it. I made something similar when I started 

Spoiler

fighting them in the depths

but this version works better than mine, think they call it the "mucktorok killer." Saw it a video or reddit or something a few days ago and was like "Oh man, mine would've benefitted a lot from the wheel to make the hydrants spin."

You guys gotta get creative! You've got so many damn tools! Use them! The game gives you zonai devices that create water, lightning, fire and ice, figure it out!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

How the hell did you have trouble with mucktorok? I mean even if you fight it like a classic Zelda boss all you gotta do is jump into the air with the low gravity and use bullet time splash fruit arrows!

Barring that, drop a homing cart, put a stake on top of it if you have one, just vertically for height. Then pop a big wheel sideways on top of that (so the axle is attached to the stake) and then put a couple of hydrants of top of the wheel and put a stabilizer somewhere. It's basically a big sprinkler that, thanks to the homing cart, will follow the boss around and clean the entire area while it's at it. I made something similar when I started 

Reveal hidden contents

but this version works better than mine, think they call it the "mucktorok killer." Saw it a video or reddit or something a few days ago and was like "Oh man, mine would've benefitted a lot from the wheel to make the hydrants spin."

You guys gotta get creative! You've got so many damn tools! Use them! The game gives you zonai devices that create water, lightning, fire and ice, figure it out!

Have any answers to this?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Problem is my quest is now directing me to the castle with very difficult enemies. I died once I got there so I won't have any luck finding weapons there. 

You use the wells to go underground, correct? Are the enemies difficult? What light source do you use down there?

Also, where can I get good armor? I spent two hours tonight aimlessly wandering around trying to loot and failed miserably.  😆 

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Health? Cook up some recipes at a fire and pot site. I cook and cook until it says I can’t hold anymore. As far as weapons just roam and fight enemies. They drop tons of stuff. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I think it may behoove you to wander out to the stables and look for conductor with a violin player. That will set on a series of quests to get you better armor.

Also, I'm talking about the underworld you get to buy diving into the gloomy chasms. There are pretty tough enemies down there, so it's probably a good idea to chase after those musicians first.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bad?

His second phase after dying once can be be pretty challenging because you can get one shotted. You have to utilize your companion throughout the fight. It's not THAT difficult but for me with no skills it was.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Health? Cook up some recipes at a fire and pot site. I cook and cook until it says I can’t hold anymore. As far as weapons just roam and fight enemies. They drop tons of stuff. 

Better yet, head to near the fire temple and just drop raw meats on the floor and let them cook :sickos:

43 minutes ago, nublood said:

All of the temples are done. And I still haven't done the fairy quest to upgrade your armor. Why? Because it's stupid and I don't feel like doing it and apparently I didn't need it anyway.

The fetch quests necassary for them are pretty tedious. Apparently there's not enough to do in the game 😒

Ok. I got fully stocked up on health, weapons, shields, and bows. The 4 dungeons I did consecutively drained all my resources.

Now I'm on the main quest "crisis at hyrule castle" and I can't for the life of me beat it. I keep getting yellow markers to follow and once I reach them Zelda dissappears and you have to fight enemies. I did this 3 times so far and after beating the enemies the yellow marker moves to another location.

I can handle the enemies just fine but now the yellow marker is in a spot I litteraly can't reach. 

Did any of you guys struggle with this? Any pointers?

Ok. I got fully stocked up on health, weapons, shields, and bows. The 4 dungeons I did consecutively drained all my resources.

Now I'm on the main quest "crisis at hyrule castle" and I can't for the life of me beat it. I keep getting yellow markers to follow and once I reach them Zelda dissappears and you have to fight enemies. I did this 3 times so far and after beating the enemies the yellow marker moves to another location.

I can handle the enemies just fine but now the yellow marker is in a spot I litteraly can't reach. 

Did any of you guys struggle with this? Any pointers?

I’m no where near ready to go to the Castle. After I beat the last Temple I plan on spending a huge amount of time roaming and clearing side quests and side adventures. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m no where near ready to go to the Castle. After I beat the last Temple I plan on spending a huge amount of time roaming and clearing side quests and side adventures. 

I did two side quests today. I am really struggling finding shrines. I fuckin searched my brains out today and didn't find one lol. 

I did two side quests today. I am really struggling finding shrines. I fuckin searched my brains out today and didn't find one lol. 

Are you building things and taking to the sky? Much easier to spot way up in the air. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Use an online shrine map if you really need more health. Have you upgraded your armor? Armor upgrades are even more important than health upgrades if you want to actually survive. At the point you're at you definitely want about 40-60 armor, higher the better of course. You can see your armor total on the armor equip screen. The first number tells you your current armor while the second of course tells you what it'll be if you switch to the piece you're highlighting.

And armor works very simply:

1 heart = 4 HP (each quadrant is 1 HP)

So every 4 armor means you take 1 less heart of damage. So you can imagine 40 armor reducing the damage you take from each hit by 10 hearts is pretty dramatic, while 60 armor reduces it by a whopping 15. You still always take a minimum of 1 HP of damage of course, with some enemies doing at least 1 full heart of damage.

Good food can also drastically increase this number, so look up some easy recipes that do a triple armor boost. If you noticed when you cook certain foods, for attack and defense you'll get a little sword or armor icon. A single icon usually isn't very strong, but all 3 is big. These are flat bonuses that are quite good, so it's worth always make the best possible. If you're low on rupees, go mining in caves and wells and whatnot and sell the gems for loads of rupees so you can buy what you need from shops.

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Are you building things and taking to the sky? Much easier to spot way up in the air. 

Yep. I try to ride boulders that fall from the sky too and use rewind to get really high in the sky to search for shrines.