The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 Now that I completed the geoglyphs I can't find the dragon anywhere? What am I doing wrong?

Did you do what I said?

Spoiler

As @legend said, you can stumble upon the Light Dragon at any time, and can pull the Master Sword once you have 2 full stamina wheels.

If you did all 12 geoglyphs and found the last tear that dropped after that, you should know the Light Dragon's deal.

If you want to be able to find the Light Dragon more easily, go into the Depths near the Lost Woods (should be the Minshi Woods Chasm), and make your way directly under the middle of them. Use Ascend (the place you're supposed to use it should be obvious) to find yourself in the Lost Woods near the Great Deku Tree. If you help him out, he'll put the Light Dragon on your map as a quest marker, making it very easy to find.

Helping the Great Deku Tree will also bring the Light Dragon to a lower height until you pull the Master Sword, so between that and putting its icon on the map, it's worth doing if you can't find the Light Dragon easily or near a spot where you can land on it.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

I guess I should also say that if you don't wanna do any of that @best3444 you can just...

Spoiler

... teleport to whatever shrines you have unlocked in the sky region, see if you can find the Light Dragon. If you can't, just teleport to one until you can see it and then try to yeet yourself onto it from there. Or you could go to one of the sky islands and just wait until you see it... I don't think there are sky islands that are NEVER within sight of the Light Dragon. But it could take a while.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Did you see the dragon that came down lower to the ground after watching the 12th memory? Get onto that dragon.

I've tried for over an half hour finding the dragon so I'm going the deku tree quest route. I'll eventually get it now. I'm currently working on it. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

Did you see the dragon that came down lower to the ground after watching the 12th memory? Get onto that dragon.

I thought it was...

Spoiler

The Deku Tree quest

that did that? Maybe it's either that or the memories? I can't remember.

This game is the epitome of ADD. "Lemme go to such and such a place to talk to this person... wait, that guy needs to find his friend, wait there's a cave, wait there's a dragon that I can get shit from, wait there's a new entrance to the depths, wait there's a etc. etc. etc"

This game and God of War: Ragnarok are why I love video games -- they both make me want to explore the fuck out of the world using two very different atmospheres and kinds of game, and I just get lost in their worlds and love it.

• Halal 2

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I thought it was...

Hide contents

The Deku Tree quest

that did that? Maybe it's either that or the memories? I can't remember.

As far as I've seen, there are three quests that direct you to the location of the Master Sword.

Spoiler

Freeing the Deku Tree will lead it to telling you to search for the dragon.

Spoiler

Finding all the Dragon Tears and watching the memories will tell you why the Master Sword is with the dragon.

Spoiler

If you find the fifth sage, she'll also direct you toward the Master Sword.

Of course, with all the verticality options the game has, you can also just find the light dragon and get up there and onto it without anyone directing you there. That said, only the first two quests will actually lower the dragon. I don't think the third will lower it, so you'll have to get really high first.

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've tried for over an half hour finding the dragon so I'm going the deku tree quest route. I'll eventually get it now. I'm currently working on it. Thank you!

After watching the 12th memory, the dragon will lower and right next to the location of the last dragon tear, there will be a couple of hovering Zonai devices to help you get up there. If you missed it, the dragon likely want can to its previous path.

Spoiler

Tears_of_the_Kingdom_Light_Dragon_route.

The other night I decided to test myself by only playing for an hour, even setting an alarm on my watch to tell me when to stop. I failed. I failed so hard. Watch went off and I thought OK let me just get to that area I'm heading to real quick, and I'll stop there. I ended up playing for another 90 minutes. 

@Ghost_MH @Kal-El814

Spoiler

I made my way to the deku tree and saved right before I fight a Ganon phase. What will that do again?

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

After watching the 12th memory, the dragon will lower and right next to the location of the last dragon tear, there will be a couple of hovering Zonai devices to help you get up there. If you missed it, the dragon likely want can to its previous path.

Hide contents

Tears_of_the_Kingdom_Light_Dragon_route.

Shit. I didn't realize I could do that. I was way high in the sky for an hour and I finally saw the dragon. He was pretty damn far out so I created a glider with fans and rockets with plenty of zonia power chargers and as I was getting close to him  the fucker disappeared.

So my question is, should I fight Ganon under the deku tree or do what @Ghost_MH said and just go to the last dragon tear and try to reach the dragon that way?

BTW, I'm now 90 hours into this game and I'm floored in basically all aspects. I litteraly cannot stop playing even when I try to play an hour or two. I played for 7 hours today and had to force myself to stop.

Is this the greatest videogame ever made? I'm not quite sure since I haven't beaten it but I never been this hooked to a game ever. Nintendo is truly remarkable.

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Ghost_MH @Kal-El814

Reveal hidden contents

Shit. I didn't realize I could do that. I was way high in the sky for an hour and I finally saw the dragon. He was pretty damn far out so I created a glider with fans and rockets with plenty of zonia power chargers and as I was getting close to him  the fucker disappeared.

So my question is, should I fight Ganon under the deku tree or do what @Ghost_MH said and just go to the last dragon tear and try to reach the dragon that way?

BTW, I'm now 90 hours into this game and I'm floored in basically all aspects. I litteraly cannot stop playing even when I try to play an hour or two. I played for 7 hours today and had to force myself to stop.

Is this the greatest videogame ever made? I'm not quite sure since I haven't beaten it but I never been this hooked to a game ever. Nintendo is truly remarkable.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Either way, you should get around to doing both of these. You can choose the order.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 have you been up for 24 hours? lol

Yesterday I played 8 hours and today 7 hours. This game is so fucking good. I have 20 hearts and plenty of stamina and tonight I'm getting the master sword.

Then I'm tackling more main missions after I wander the world for a bit to get get better weapons and loot. Then I'll hit up the fairies to upgrade my gear. 

58 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yesterday I played 8 hours and today 7 hours. This game is so fucking good. I have 20 hearts and plenty of stamina and tonight I'm getting the master sword.

Then I'm tackling more main missions after I wander the world for a bit to get get better weapons and loot. Then I'll hit up the fairies to upgrade my gear. 

Yeah hey this is Best. I’m not going to be able to come into work today. 

“Why are you sick”

No I’m in the process of up grading my armor and getting the Master Sword. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Yeah hey this is Best. I’m not going to be able to come into work today. 

“Why are you sick”

No I’m in the process of up grading my armor and getting the Master Sword. 

Lol, I'm definitely going to work tomorrow. I might get up early to play though. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

20 hours and I still haven't done a dungeon. 27 shrines. I can't stay focused on one thing in this game, I swear.

That's good progress. The dungeons are cool but not your traditional old school Zelda dungeons. Small spoiler below if you want to know something cool.

Spoiler

After completing a dungeon you do get a permanent companion which helps out in gameplay a lot!

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

That's good progress. The dungeons are cool but not your traditional old school Zelda dungeons. Small spoiler below if you want to know something cool.

Hide contents

After completing a dungeon you do get a permanent companion which helps out in gameplay a lot!

I saw my husband playing with those. Just didn't know where they came from yet.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I saw my husband playing with those. Just didn't know where they came from yet.

Spoiler

Each dungeon you beat you get a companion. I am impressed in how much they help out in combat and puzzles. Game is incredible. 

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Where are you finding your armor?

Armor can be found in a variety of ways from shop purchases to chests. The best suits in the game can be found in the depths and the sky. Most of the utility suits can be found on the surface. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Armor can be found in a variety of ways from shop purchases to chests. The best suits in the game can be found in the depths and the sky. Most of the utility suits can be found on the surface. 

Shop purchases are mighty expensive. I'll have to visit the sky more often as well as the depths. I barely scratched the surface in those areas. Thanks for the tips. 

• Halal 1

Finished the main quest. Awesome ending, but goddamn was Ganondorf a bitch to fight.

Spoiler

I was struggling to get the flurry off for some reason, and then in the final phase before the dragon phase, he kept dodging the flurry attacks somehow :/ I ended up having to do perfect perries, but he also kept breaking my shields if I didn't land it. It was not looking good when I finally got him. Looking it up afterward people say to just do flurry attacks in that last phase too, but they never worked for me. Was I just really unlucky and getting random flurry dodges from him everytime?

Final sequence in dragon form was awesome as was actually catching Zelda this time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, legend said:

Finished the main quest. Awesome ending, but goddamn was Ganondorf a bitch to fight.

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck. That has me extremely discouraged about fighting Ganon. I absolutely suck at boss fights. I'm glad you really enjoyed it, though. How many hours did you put in?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Fuck. That has me extremely discouraged about fighting Ganon. I absolutely suck at boss fights. I'm glad you really enjoyed it, though. How many hours did you put in?

Not sure I can check later, but I suspect somewhere over 100. There's still a bunch to do in the game, but I I had something like 26 hearts, all the stamina (that I maxed first), and a fully upgraded armor set. Since new games keep releasing, I decided it was time to finish it up so I can play other games without it dominating my mind and then continue playing it more casually to do all the additional stuff left in the game.

If you get stuck on him, look some things up online. I found some ways afterwards people were able to cheese him, which isn't remotely surprising given how this game works :p 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, legend said:

Not sure I can check later, but I suspect somewhere over 100. There's still a bunch to do in the game, but I I had something like 26 hearts, all the stamina (that I maxed first), and a fully upgraded armor set. Since new games keep releasing, I decided it was time to finish it up so I can play other games without it dominating my mind and then continue playing it more casually to do all the additional stuff left in the game.

If you get stuck on him, look some things up online. I found some ways afterwards people were able to cheese him, which isn't remotely surprising given how this game works :p 

I'll definitely have to cheese him lol.

• Hugs 1

About the final fights:

Spoiler

Maybe it's because I did 100% of the shrines or used triple attack food or fused a silver lynel horn to the master sword (which can't break during the ganon fights) but I absolutely beat the everloving shit out of him, was still fun though!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

About the final fights:

Reveal hidden contents

I honestly think you're just an extremely skilled gamer and very intuitive. You blow by games in your sleep.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I think I've beat like maybe 5 games in the last 2 years though...

Well TOTK and Elden Ring are two very difficult games to beat. You are really great at utilizing everything a game throws at you and then dominating.

took out my first Gleeok this evening, the flame one on the guarding the middle of the bridge, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I've seen them in several places but never bothered going after them. The only real experience I had was when I went to get a picture of the king one and holy crap that sucker scared the crap out of me :lol: I swear every damn time I clear one of the side quests it seems like 2 or 3 more pop up. I mean at 155 hours how are new little side quests still popping up? And I know there are even more I haven't come across because my nephew has mentioned several quests he's done that I haven't come across yet. I have like 18 full sets of armor and bits and pieces of so so so so many others. The amount of gear in this game is ridiculous.