Biden to warn of threat to democracy from ‘MAGA Republicans,’ election deniers in prime-time address

Jason

8 hours ago, eViLgReEnMoNkEyS said:

You've done a great job proving them right too.

I mean, look at this board. Y'all have radicalized so far authoritarian-left (fascism 😉)that you've forced yourself into celebrating a truly awful president next because he has a (D) next to his name. 

Like, the bar was set low, and my God did Biden sink even lower. No one outside your little internet bubble here likes him, or thinks he's even able to chew his peas.

The left thinks he's a weak willed pussy that pays lip service to leftist talking points and skirts by on the bare minimum for diversity quotas. Otherwise he's an ancient white cismale that has no clue what he's talking about. 

The right sees him as an idiotic odoriferous annoyance that represents a greater threat to American democracy- an unchecked alphabet bureaucracy hellbent on altering your way of life for the worse (you will own nothing and be happy) 

So what's happened in the meantime? The quality of life has gotten worse thanks to blunder after blunder by the Biden administration.

High oil prices? Completely avoidable.

Baby formula shortage? Avoidable.

Soaring inflation? Avoidable.

Soaring prices across all home goods? Avoidable. 

Cratering economy? Avoidable. 

Rising crime rates? Avoidable.

Cratering test scores in schools? Avoidable. 

Botched withdrawal from Afghanistan? Avoidable. 

Getting laughed out of Saudi Arabia, and then lying about it? Avoidable. 

Royally screwing up Ukraine, turning it into a money pit? Avoidable.

His son dropping off multiple pieces of hardware in unsecure locations, getting so high and forgetting about them, only to have all his information released to the public, including possibly incriminating information on his father? Avoidable. 

And then there's the social issues.

If it wasn't for a media that is actively vouching for Biden, this all would've absolutely sunk Biden immediately to lame duck status. Which has lead to the meme that Biden's just (D)ifferent, implying if he were a republican, his career would've been over decades ago. And it's hard not to agree with that seeing the absolute dogmatic zeal this board gets wrapped in. 

That's to be expected though. For the past two decades some of you here have become some radicalized and engulfed in your own little bubble that is really hard to track reality here. Just lurking here for 15 minutes shows an astounding lack of self-awareness that would put even the most stubborn Twitter blue check to shame. If I were to ask for investment advice here, and follow on that advice, I'd be broke by the end of the day. 

Honestly, from what little I've read in responses, get a new shtick. You've wasted your time here if you can't even be a little bit witty. 

deez nutz

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, eViLgReEnMoNkEyS said:

You've done a great job proving them right too.

I mean, look at this board. Y'all have radicalized so far authoritarian-left (fascism 😉)that you've forced yourself into celebrating a truly awful president next because he has a (D) next to his name. 

Like, the bar was set low, and my God did Biden sink even lower. No one outside your little internet bubble here likes him, or thinks he's even able to chew his peas.

The left thinks he's a weak willed pussy that pays lip service to leftist talking points and skirts by on the bare minimum for diversity quotas. Otherwise he's an ancient white cismale that has no clue what he's talking about. 

The right sees him as an idiotic odoriferous annoyance that represents a greater threat to American democracy- an unchecked alphabet bureaucracy hellbent on altering your way of life for the worse (you will own nothing and be happy) 

So what's happened in the meantime? The quality of life has gotten worse thanks to blunder after blunder by the Biden administration.

Cratering test scores in schools? Avoidable. 

Getting laughed out of Saudi Arabia, and then lying about it? Avoidable. 

His son dropping off multiple pieces of hardware in unsecure locations, getting so high and forgetting about them, only to have all his information released to the public, including possibly incriminating information on his father? Avoidable. 

And then there's the social issues.

If it wasn't for a media that is actively vouching for Biden, this all would've absolutely sunk Biden immediately to lame duck status. Which has lead to the meme that Biden's just (D)ifferent, implying if he were a republican, his career would've been over decades ago. And it's hard not to agree with that seeing the absolute dogmatic zeal this board gets wrapped in. 

That's to be expected though. For the past two decades some of you here have become some radicalized and engulfed in your own little bubble that is really hard to track reality here. Just lurking here for 15 minutes shows an astounding lack of self-awareness that would put even the most stubborn Twitter blue check to shame. If I were to ask for investment advice here, and follow on that advice, I'd be broke by the end of the day. 

Honestly, from what little I've read in responses, get a new shtick. You've wasted your time here if you can't even be a little bit witty. 

As anyone can tell you, I'm no Biden superfan, and think he's on the hook for several mistakes, but most of this critique isn't well thought-out and does not really stand up to rigorous scrutiny.  I know you're not going to read this, but I don't have much to do this morning, so I'm going to refute it anyway.

Let's start with these: 

This sort of inflation has taken place essentially across the whole of the West, across a broad range of policy regimes, including very conservative, and very Trumpist ones. (the same kind of inflation is going on in Orban's Hungary)  If it is 'avoidable', why didn't any of these policy regimes avoid it?  Why wasn't it just confined to Biden's policy regime, and those like it?

A more honest assessment would point to the fact that most of the consumer price inflation is coming from the supply-side, due to the pandemic's scrambling of supply chains.  Although fortunately the recent decling in producer prices suggests this is starting to abate.

On the oil price side, people are quick to say "We could have avoided high gas prices if Biden had helped us pump more oil!", but many of the countries with the most highly subsidized oil industries in the world are experiencing high gas prices.  Just look at the spike in energy prices in Hungary:

1314534-blank-355.png
WWW.STATISTA.COM

In March 2022, the average wholesale electricity price in Hungary surpassed 285 euros per megawatt-hour, an increase of more than five-fold in comparison to the same month of the previous year.

Again, if this was so easily avoidable, why did countries that followed policies essentially opposite those of Biden not avoid them?  The answer is because the rise is largely to unavoidable exogenous shocks--i.e., the war in Ukraine--that Biden has no control over.

This is simply false.  If the economy is 'cratering', why hasn't the NBER declared us as being in recession yet?

Half a million jobs were created in July.  That doesn't happening in 'cratering' economies.  The unemployment is the lowest its been in over a generation; that also doesn't happen in 'cratering' economies.

What we have is a mixed bag: low unemployment, high inflation, middling production.  No one, not even the experts and world-class investors, is sure of what exactly caused this mix, although it's clear that the pandemic's effects on supply chains had something to do with it. So far the big beneficiaries are workers, though--is that such a bad thing?

Under what scenario were we going to withdraw our troops entirely and not have the outcome we saw, without committing additional resources to the effort?  No critic of the withdrawal can answer this, and until they do, there is little credence to the idea that what happened was anything but inevitable.

The rise in crime rates began during the pandemic, well before Biden was president.  It was also highly regional--it is not going on everywhere.  So there's very little reason to believe Biden could do anything to address it effectively via national legislation.

But, if you believe Biden is responsible for it, then you must also accept that he is responsible for the subsequent decline in violent crime after the abatement of the pandemic in major cities:

spacer.png

So this is a point on which you owe Biden praise. (I do not, because I'm not so gullible to believe that Biden has control over regional fluctuations crime rates)

If you disagree with the aid to Ukraine--which is entirely reasonable--then you must, at the very least, acknowledge that it is a global blunder, not a Biden blunder, since the most of the West is currently extending aide to Ukraine.

You can definitely argue that Biden raised Hunter wrong, but the 'Hunter laptop' thing now pales in comparison to so many things Trump has done that, as scandals go, it's a little weaksauce.  It doesn't really compare to inciting a mob to riot at the Capitol, does it?

I were to ask for investment advice here, and follow on that advice, I'd be broke by the end of the day.

If you're mindlessly following investment advice from people on message boards, you deserve to be broke.  FWIW, several posters here have been very successful in their investments--including SFLU, as far as I'm aware.

hat's to be expected though. For the past two decades some of you here have become some radicalized and engulfed in your own little bubble that is really hard to track reality here. Just lurking here for 15 minutes shows an astounding lack of self-awareness that would put even the most stubborn Twitter blue check to shame.

And this is the biggest whiff of all, because it fails to see the true problem, which is that social media and the incentives it creates have made everybody--liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat--more 'engulfed in their little bubble'.  No one can agree on a consensus reality anymore; even when presented with 'hard numbers', people can just scurry off to some message board somewhere that will tell you "all the numbers are made up". (whenever they don't support your biases)

This is a technology-driven phenomenon, not a political one, and so long as people are myopic enough to believe it's confined to one part of the political spectrum (see: your post), it will go unaddressed--indeed, attributing it to [insert political group] will only reinforce it, until there's a riot at the freaking Capitol every week.

Speaking of which...was the riot at the Capitol avoidable?  You didn't mention that.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Ukraine 1
  • Halal 7

7 hours ago, eViLgReEnMoNkEyS said:

Yor've done a great uncle Bob provin' them right too. I mean, 'ave a look at this board. You lot 'ave radicalized so far authoritarian-left (fascism 😉)that yor've forced yorself into celebratin' a truly awful president next because 'e 'as a (D) next ter 'is name. Like, the chuffin' boozer were set low, and me God did Biden sink even lower. I'll make us all a nice cup a' tea. No one outside yor wee internet bubble 'ere likes 'im, or thinks 'e's even able ter chew 'is peas. The bloody left thinks 'e's a weak willed pussy that pays lip service ter leftist goin' on points and skirts by on the bare weemum for diversity quotas. Uvverwise 'e's an ancient wite cismale that 'as no clue wot 'e's goin' on about. Right. The chuffin' right spots 'im as an divvyic odoriferous annoyance that represents a greater threat ter A septic tank democracy- an unchecked alphabet bureaucracy 'ellbent on alterin' yor way o' life for the chuffin' worse (yer will own nuffink and be 'appy) So woss 'appened in the bloomin' meantime, isit? The bloomin' quality o' life 'as gotten worse thanks ter blunder after blunder by the bleedin' Biden administration. 'igh oil prices, isit? Completely avoidable. I'll make us all a nice cup a' tea. Baby formula shortage, then, squire? Avoidable. Soarin' inflation, squire? Avoidable. Soarin' prices across all 'ome goods, then, eh, squire? Avoidable. Craterin' economy, isit? Avoidable. Risin' crime rates, mate? Avoidable. Craterin' test scores in schools, eh, squire? Avoidable. Botched wivdroral from Afghanistan, then, eh, luv? Avoidable. Copping laughed out o' Saudi Arabia, right, and then lyin' about it, then, luv? Avoidable. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you. Royally screwin' up Ukraine, turnin' it into a brass pit, eh? Avoidable. 'is son droppin' off multiple pieces o' 'ardware in unsecure locations, right, copping so 'igh and forgettin' about them, only ter 'ave all 'is information released ter the bloomin' public, includin' possibly incriminatin' information on 'is favver, then, mate? Avoidable. And then there's the social issues. Americans right and center are copping disgusted at watchin' groomer activists shove exposed penises in front o' children's faces. Watchin' absolute fools tell them that a child at age 5 can determine a life alterin' surgery that will forever ruin their body, right, but they can't drink alcohol until they are 21. Copping told by local school boards and politicians that should know better, right, that they are domestic terrorists for carin' about wot a school is teachin' their child. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you. If it wasn't for a media that is actively vouchin' for Biden, this all would've absolutely sunk Biden immediately ter lame duck status. Wich 'as lead ter the meme that Biden's just (D)ifferent, right, implyin' if 'e was a republican, 'is career would've been over decades ago. And it's 'ard not ter agree wiv that seein' the bleedin' absolute dogmatic zeal this board gets wrapped in. That's ter be expected though. For the bleedin' past two decades some o' yer 'ere 'ave become some radicalized and engulfed in yor own wee bubble that is right 'ard ter track reality 'ere. Just lurkin' 'ere for 15 minutes shows an astoundin' lack o' self-awareness that would put even the bloomin' most stubborn Twitter blue check ter shame. Right. If I was ter ask for investment advice 'ere, and follow on that advice, right, I'd be broke by the chuffin' end o' the day. Cor blimey guv, would I lie to you. Straight up, from wot wee I've read in responses, cop a new shtick. Yor've wasted yor time 'ere if yer can't even be a wee bit witty.        

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

As anyone can tell you, I'm no Biden superfan, and think he's on the hook for several mistakes, but most of this critique isn't well thought-out and does not really stand up to rigorous scrutiny.  I know you're not going to read this, but I don't have much to do this morning, so I'm going to refute it anyway.

Let's start with these: 

This sort of inflation has taken place essentially across the whole of the West, across a broad range of policy regimes, including very conservative, and very Trumpist ones. (the same kind of inflation is going on in Orban's Hungary)  If it is 'avoidable', why didn't any of these policy regimes avoid it?  Why wasn't it just confined to Biden's policy regime, and those like it?

A more honest assessment would point to the fact that most of the consumer price inflation is coming from the supply-side, due to the pandemic's scrambling of supply chains.  Although fortunately the recent decling in producer prices suggests this is starting to abate.

On the oil price side, people are quick to say "We could have avoided high gas prices if Biden had helped us pump more oil!", but many of the countries with the most highly subsidized oil industries in the world are experiencing high gas prices.  Just look at the spike in energy prices in Hungary:

1314534-blank-355.png
WWW.STATISTA.COM

In March 2022, the average wholesale electricity price in Hungary surpassed 285 euros per megawatt-hour, an increase of more than five-fold in comparison to the same month of the previous year.

Again, if this was so easily avoidable, why did countries that followed policies essentially opposite those of Biden not avoid them?  The answer is because the rise is largely to unavoidable exogenous shocks--i.e., the war in Ukraine--that Biden has no control over.

This is simply false.  If the economy is 'cratering', why hasn't the NBER declared us as being in recession yet?

Half a million jobs were created in July.  That doesn't happening in 'cratering' economies.  The unemployment is the lowest its been in over a generation; that also doesn't happen in 'cratering' economies.

What we have is a mixed bag: low unemployment, high inflation, middling production.  No one, not even the experts and world-class investors, is sure of what exactly caused this mix, although it's clear that the pandemic's effects on supply chains had something to do with it. So far the big beneficiaries are workers, though--is that such a bad thing?

Under what scenario were we going to withdraw our troops entirely and not have the outcome we saw, without committing additional resources to the effort?  No critic of the withdrawal can answer this, and until they do, there is little credence to the idea that what happened was anything but inevitable.

The rise in crime rates began during the pandemic, well before Biden was president.  It was also highly regional--it is not going on everywhere.  So there's very little reason to believe Biden could do anything to address it effectively via national legislation.

But, if you believe Biden is responsible for it, then you must also accept that he is responsible for the subsequent decline in violent crime after the abatement of the pandemic in major cities:

spacer.png

So this is a point on which you owe Biden praise. (I do not, because I'm not so gullible to believe that Biden has control over regional fluctuations crime rates)

If you disagree with the aid to Ukraine--which is entirely reasonable--then you must, at the very least, acknowledge that it is a global blunder, not a Biden blunder, since the most of the West is currently extending aide to Ukraine.

You can definitely argue that Biden raised Hunter wrong, but the 'Hunter laptop' thing now pales in comparison to so many things Trump has done that, as scandals go, it's a little weaksauce.  It doesn't really compare to inciting a mob to riot at the Capitol, does it?

If you're mindlessly following investment advice from people on message boards, you deserve to be broke.  FWIW, several posters here have been very successful in their investments--including SFLU, as far as I'm aware.

And this is the biggest whiff of all, because it fails to see the true problem, which is that social media and the incentives it creates have made everybody--liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat--more 'engulfed in their little bubble'.  No one can agree on a consensus reality anymore; even when presented with 'hard numbers', people can just scurry off to some message board somewhere that will tell you "all the numbers are made up". (whenever they don't support your biases)

This is a technology-driven phenomenon, not a political one, and so long as people are myopic enough to believe it's confined to one part of the political spectrum (see: your post), it will go unaddressed--indeed, attributing it to [insert political group] will only reinforce it, until there's a riot at the freaking Capitol every week.

Speaking of which...was the riot at the Capitol avoidable?  You didn't mention that.  ;)

You didn’t need to do this but it is well done

• Haha 1
  • Halal 3

Hi all. I went through this thread and removed some of the "groomer" references and responses to it. We've tried to be firm on the notion of that particular topic being a non starter when posted in that manner. I deleted the initial paragraph and subsequent references to it. Apologies if your post got caught in the edits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What’s funny is you can see a tone shift where the guy thought he was really getting serious and dropping some knowledge. True believers like him don’t even realize that what they are saying is nonsense to everyone outside of the fox cinematic universe, as it doesn’t match reality.

As far as the other monkey taking the time to answer, it was good but I would use don’s own son as the counter to the hunter stuff. THAT cokehead actually committed an act of trying to work with a foreign government to influence our election and ADMITTED it. Like it’s an actual thing that happened! Nobody cared about that.

Nobody besides the absolute highest ranking members of the brain worm committee cares about hunter. It’s not just a complete break from reality to think so, but a general misread of human priorities.

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

What’s funny is you can see a tone shift where the guy thought he was really getting serious and dropping some knowledge. True believers like him don’t even realize that what they are saying is nonsense to everyone outside of the fox cinematic universe, as it doesn’t match reality.

As far as the other monkey taking the time to answer, it was good but I would use don’s own son as the counter to the hunter stuff. THAT cokehead actually committed an act of trying to work with a foreign government to influence our election and ADMITTED it. Like it’s an actual thing that happened! Nobody cared about that.

Nobody besides the absolute highest ranking members of the brain worm committee cares about hunter. It’s not just a complete break from reality to think so, but a general misread of human priorities.

Yup. The moment anybody says "Hunter" you know that you're not dealing with anybody who is living in any objective reality. These are the same absolute dipshits saying "Lock her up". Still. While their god is literally being investigated for at a minimum "mishandling" nuclear secrets. Absolute brain worms.

45 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yes but have you considered the LAPTOP FROM HELL

• Haha 3
  • True 1

My favorite part about his rambling incoherent response is that people like him simultaneously wanna say nobody watches the media, but he also gives the media credit for their power of propping up the president.

I mean I get it. There’s no logic, but it’s still stunning how impossible it is for his world view to reconcile with itself.

Side note: Weird that eViLgReEnMoNkEyS returns to troll after his days as a bland IGN liberal but ends up triggered by the color red (hope he wasn't wearing any MAGA hats the past 6 years). I could probably say more about his warped worldview that is ironically isn't shared by most Americans, but maybe some other time.

Plus, monkeys is right-wing, so I can see him being a fascist since he seems to sympathize with Nazi sympathizers. :thinking: Just a pity that someone who's a poster child for Dunning-Kruger can't figure out that fascist is right-wing.

Let's dismantle more of his bullshit: was Texas' failing power grid avoidable?

How about people in Mississippi with no drinking water? Or Mississippi giving welfare money to Favre? Avoidable?

How about Florida's home insurance crisis with insurance going up 40%, insurers failing and leaving the state, the insurance of last resort exploding in size, and Florida making #1 on a least affordable state to live list? Avoidable?

Could Trump have avoided having the aunt of a Hitler-loving man speak about how a neo-Nazi was mistreated?

The world must know.

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Just imagine if Biden’s speech went a little harder on his narrative. . . and in a Boston accent. Well Enjoy!

Apparently his net worth is only $600k, I thought the Dropkick Murphys were more popular than that.