The official thread of John Fetterman clowning Dr. Oz.

“I was exhausted. When you’re campaigning 18 hours a day you, listen, I’ve gotten my kids’ names wrong as well. I don’t think that’s a measure of someone’s ability to lead the commonwealth,” Oz told Newsmax on Wednesday when asked about why he said “Wegners,” a cross between the Redner’s and Wegmans chains.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Oh I’m surprised at you, you know a lot of surgeons with reasonable egos that know when to stop? :p

Forget ego for a second. I don't know surgeons but I've interacted with enough lawyers to suspect they're the same in this regard: not guaranteed to be smart outside of their lane and in fact seem to have made a deal with the devil to sacrifice all reason and intelligence otherwise. That outside of their field they are incomprehensibly idiotic and demand every accommodation for their clear handicap.

• True 3
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Forget ego for a second. I don't know surgeons but I've interacted with enough lawyers to suspect they're the same in this regard: not guaranteed to be smart outside of their lane and in fact seem to have made a deal with the devil to sacrifice all reason and intelligence otherwise. That outside of their field they are incomprehensibly idiotic and demand every accommodation for their clear handicap.

So they’re engineers

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

What about Oz dunking on himself?

He just can't stop.  Fetterman may have never put in any time in blue collar work, but he's able to pull off the look and it doesn't help when Oz's moment to dunk on him is "doing payroll".  He could always circle back to forgetting which grocery store he just walked in and buying organic vegetables to assemble a crudite from scratch.

38 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Fetterman looks like he could be a plumber or a mechanic.  What jobs has he had in the past?  I find it pretty surprising he's never had a blue collar job based on his appearance and demeanor. 

Fetterman did a lot of AmeriCorps work (both serving and running/coordinating with programs), which isn't necessarily blue collar but at the very least is 'average joe' kind of stuff.