Update: Laphonza Butler sworn-in as Dianne Feinstein's replacement in the Senate

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I feel people must have had an idea about this since so many big names entered the Senate race before she made it official.

I think it was the other way around, she was finally convinced of the writing on the wall with everyone running against her. 

To my understanding she was still gearing up to run, despite things not looking good for her. Especially after losing the official endorsement of the California State Dem Party last election, which didn't stop her but was a definite sign to big name hopefuls that she was already politically wounded going into this election. I guarantee, at a minimum, people have been eyeing that spot ever since she lost the party endorsement. 

• True 1

26 minutes ago, TheShader said:

I think it was the other way around, she was finally convinced of the writing on the wall with everyone running against her. 

To my understanding she was still gearing up to run, despite things not looking good for her. Especially after losing the official endorsement of the California State Dem Party last election, which didn't stop her but was a definite sign to big name hopefuls that she was already politically wounded going into this election. I guarantee, at a minimum, people have been eyeing that spot ever since she lost the party endorsement. 

I think your theory could work, but I did read that she hasn’t really done any of the normal fundraising that she would do for reelection, and I’m really wondering if she finally decided she’s getting close to 90 and it’s time to go.

• Halal 1

Don't discount the possibility that she might just not have been capable of her usual fundraising duties in her alleged condition. Even at her level there's a lot of work candidates themselves have to do in the fundraising process. Large donors don't want a phone call from the the CSU intern. 

2 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

spacer.png

feinsteindianneAP.jpg?strip=1&w=640
THEHILL.COM

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) needed to be corrected by a staffer on Tuesday that her office had put out a statement announcing her decision to retire from her Senate seat.  A reporter aske…

Jesus Christ 

23 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

That's because she forgot.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

You MFers thought I was joking

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • True 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, Kal-El814 said:

More like retire at the end of her current term… ON THIS MORTAL COIL

We have a Bernie to weekend at Bernie's. 

@thewhyteboar Our government is trolling us. A dementia patient in Congress is trolling us. When you make enough banana republics, you will eventually become one.

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, Jason said:

It's like the Democratic leadership is perfectly okay with the current situation because it lets them off the hook for nothing getting done. :facepalm:

It's not "like" that, it is that. 

The DNC is a completely unambitious political party at this point. Instead of making things better, they are completely focused on pointing out how republicans are making it worse. That's not a strategy. 

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

It's not "like" that, it is that. 

The DNC is a completely unambitious political party at this point. Instead of making things better, they are completely focused on pointing out how republicans are making it worse. That's not a strategy. 

Ya both parties are out of ideas beyond culture war. Our social contract is up and needs to be renewed and the rich are saying no make me and the poor will eventually say yes we will. The parties have more in common then any Democrat or Republican cares to admit.