Update: Laphonza Butler sworn-in as Dianne Feinstein's replacement in the Senate

7 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Replacing Feinstein with someone else in their late 70s is a tremendously dumb idea. I don't know when Newsome made that pledge, but it was dumb.

He pledged to appoint a black woman, not Lee specifically. 

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the article, it sounds like the only thing missing is them walking around with their arm elbow deep up her ass. 

00dc-feinstein-01-zthm-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The California Democrat is surrounded by a large retinue of aides at all times, who tell her how and when to vote, explain what is going on when she is confused, and shield her from the...

• Guillotine 1

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Jason said:

wut

One, they have 51 seats. Two, why would Gavin Newsom appoint a Republican? 

There was something about how the GOP wouldn't consent to replacing her replacement on the Judicial Committee. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm at a loss though as to which agency would be responsible for investigating a claim of elder abuse.

Probably not the Capitol Police so maybe the DC Metropolitan Police?

DC Social Services Department's Adult Protective Services Division. I can't imagine what a clusterfuck that office is like so don't get your hopes up. For reference NC DSS is so fucked up we got foster kids living in DSS county offices and ERs.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:44 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Once again, I really fail to see how this isn't elder abuse.

64c29c02048ff200190bcfdf?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

"Just say aye," Senate Appropriations Chairwoman Patty Murray repeatedly pleaded to Feinstein during the vote. Eventually, Feinstein did just that.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

So not competent enough to handle her own finances and responsibilities but competent enough to vote on laws effecting all of America, makes perfect sense.

I mean it’s America so yeah.

A country where it’s age appropriate to teach 7 year olds to hide in a closet during a mass shooting but not age appropriate to tell that same 7 year old some people have two moms.

• True 1

• 5 weeks later...

WASHINGTON—Trying to dislodge the saliva-covered documents without tearing them on the senator’s teeth, Senate aide Austin Shear reportedly pulled several wet pages out of Dianne Feinstein’s mouth Friday. “No, Dianne, that’s very bad—drop it!” said Shear, who stuck his fingers between Feinstein’s lips and used the…

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, BloodyHell said:

This one makes me livid. Instead of doing the bare minimum, every DNC politician voted to fuck over rail workers, including the supposed progressive wing. Biden also could have given it to them.

WWW.IBEW.ORG

After months of negotiations, the IBEW’s Railroad members at four of the largest U.S. freight carriers finally have what they’ve long sought but that many working people take for...

We’re thankful that the Biden administration played the long game on sick days and stuck with us for months after Congress imposed our updated national agreement,” Russo said. “Without making a big show of it, Joe Biden and members of his administration in the Transportation and Labor departments have been working continuously to get guaranteed paid sick days for all railroad workers.

“We know that many of our members weren’t happy with our original agreement,” Russo said, “but through it all, we had faith that our friends in the White House and Congress would keep up the pressure on our railroad employers to get us the sick day benefits we deserve. Until we negotiated these new individual agreements with these carriers, an IBEW member who called out sick was not compensated.”

feeling better?

• Halal 1

23 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

WWW.IBEW.ORG

After months of negotiations, the IBEW’s Railroad members at four of the largest U.S. freight carriers finally have what they’ve long sought but that many working...

feeling better?

God damnit fright. :angry:

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

WWW.IBEW.ORG

After months of negotiations, the IBEW’s Railroad members at four of the largest U.S. freight carriers finally have what they’ve long sought but that many working people take for...

feeling better?

Actually I learned this recently, and yes, It absolutely changed my opinion somewhat 

• Hugs 1