Update: Laphonza Butler sworn-in as Dianne Feinstein's replacement in the Senate

36 minutes ago, osxmatt said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Feinstein, elected in 1992, was a vocal gun-control advocate who often sought common ground with Republicans, sometimes frustrating her more liberal colleagues.

She will still cast all of her votes until her term is up.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Senator Dianne Feinstein is now part of the Eternal Filibuster
1 hour ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Will there be a special election for her seat, or will Newsom appoint her replacement? Sucks that her last years in office were her being taken advantage of by her staff and her party for political reasons. 

Newsom will appoint a replacement to serve the remainder of her term.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Senator Dianne Feinstein has tone to the Eternal Filibuster
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

So many people have a lot to answer for in regard to what happened in her final years.

I'm sure they'll have a lot to think about when working in another Democratic politician's office as a reward for being true believers. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm sure they'll have a lot to think about when working in another Democratic politician's office as a reward for being true believers. 

In Canada we have a term for the type of staff she had "Boys in short pants." Basically, "younger" staffers (20-35) who crave power, and thus abuse their positions in any way they can. In this case, by abusing an elderly person and running a Senatorial seat themselves behind the scenes.

The term came about during the Conservative government of Stephen Harper in the 2000s, when young, conservative men (even interns) in the Prime Minister's Office got power mad and were bossing around Parliamentarians twice their age despite having no actual experience in politics.

• Jason changed the title to Update: Senator Dianne Feinstein has gone to the Eternal Filibuster
34 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In Canada we have a term for the type of staff she had "Boys in short pants." Basically, "younger" staffers (20-35) who crave power, and thus abuse their positions in any way they can. In this case, by abusing an elderly person and running a Senatorial seat themselves behind the scenes.

The term came about during the Conservative government of Stephen Harper in the 2000s, when young, conservative men (even interns) in the Prime Minister's Office got power mad and were bossing around Parliamentarians twice their age despite having no actual experience in politics.

Canadians are nice and would never do this. You're lying!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Specifically, he said recently he'd appoint a caretaker who won't run for a full term. 

I know he mentioned he would appoint a black woman in the past. Maybe he throws Lee a bone and says she can finish up the remainder of Feinstein's term but only if she retires at the end of it. She would have no chance of beating Schiff or Porter in a straight election and shes damn near 80 herself.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

When asked for comment, Feinstein said she never felt better. 

her staff made a correction that she’s been dead inside for years and her situation is unchanged. 

I hear that her dying words were, "At least Biden didn't get to replace me on the court".

Her aids didn't have the heart to explain she wasn't Ruth Bader Ginsberg .....

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Will there be a special election for her seat, or will Newsom appoint her replacement? Sucks that her last years in office were her being taken advantage of by her staff and her party for political reasons. 

They're actually going to stick metal poles in her suit and hold her up so she can remain in her seat.

It's really not a big change.

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

I know he mentioned he would appoint a black woman in the past. Maybe he throws Lee a bone and says she can finish up the remainder of Feinstein's term but only if she retires at the end of it. She would have no chance of beating Schiff or Porter in a straight election and shes damn near 80 herself.

Newsom stated that the person appointed to fill the seat must not be running for it which means that Lee would have to end her announced candidacy.

12 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Can't wait for him to deliver her eulogy...literally can't wait since he'll just stand there not moving or saying anything. 

spacer.png

I want low rez, Jan. 6th style footage of McConnell yonking Feinstein in front of him as Death pointed out his boney finger to finally take him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm surprised they didn't try to get away with putting her corpse in Pike's blinky chair.

grogu-yes.gif