Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

23 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Need more info 

What this mean 

Is it less?

Is sales not good?

I believe it was $199/month previously 

Also, personally, I feel as though monthly subs to use features built into something you own is anti-consumer (yes, I know Tesla isn’t the only to do this).

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I believe it was $199/month previously 

Also, personally, I feel as though monthly subs to use features built into something you own is anti-consumer (yes, I know Tesla isn’t the only to do this).

I will never pay for a subscription for anything in my car. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2

29 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

But what if you decide to get a BMW and just really want to use your heated seat on a cold day?

They are quite comfy. I think in Canada there isn’t a subscription for heated seats. Just their in car infotainment internet connection (which sadly does include live traffic data). 

9 minutes ago, chakoo said:

They are quite comfy. I think in Canada there isn’t a subscription for heated seats. Just their in car infotainment internet connection (which sadly does include live traffic data). 

Yea, I was joking, they dropped the sub idea after all of the backlash :p 

They even dropped the yearly subscription fee for Apple CarPlay (which was BS in the first place)

• Halal 1

Cybertruck deliveries are being halted because the accelerator cover can slip off while you're driving and get wedged in a little gap such that it holds the accelerator down

WWW.INVESTORS.COM

Tesla has halted Cybertruck deliveries, according to online chatter, possibly to address a problem with the accelerator pedal.

BSKY.APP

bafkreig5hllg6p3szloneibulmdvjrav6yr36kx

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I will never pay for a subscription for anything in my car. 

Mostly agreed, though I would be willing to pay a very small monthly amount for a convenience service that requires server upkeep, like an app that gives access to remote start from anywhere (beyond the range of the key fob), for example. But yeah taking basic functionality for which the hardware is already there and putting it behind a paywall is complete bullshit and they can fuck all the way off (looking at you, BMW, and your attempted heated seat subscription). 

9 hours ago, chakoo said:

I believe the heated seats are standard for all front driver seats in Canada it seems on all new models. When I got my last 2 car leases, I was always told heated seats were now standard. I would hate/wouldn't pay for any feature that’s already built into the car. They just gotta make heated steering wheel a standard next. My god it’s a game changer on the really cold nights/mornings. Although we tend to be getting less of them lately but still love the feature, and sadly paid the little extra money for it in my Bronco Sport. 

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

The only car subscription I think is valid to pay for is satellite radio, and I wouldn’t pay for that either way.

I always talk them down to about $50 for a year sub, so I’m good with it, mostly because it’s how I tend to find new music/bands for myself as streaming services seem to just pull from the same bands most of the time, and when I do the “discover new music” thing with any of them it just gives me garbage I don’t like lol. Plus, that Pearl Jam station :daydream:

But, yea, any more than $50-60ish/year and no f’n way :p 

I also don’t think the phone apps are worth paying for, as there’s no server really involved in a way that it should cost money. It’s a signal from your phone through the net/towers to your cars onboard modem. Only server-side bit is the log-in and settings being saved. Ford/Lincoln and others (Hyundai/Kia/Genesis being one of them) offer it for free for life on new cars.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Listen someone has to pay for the recalled accelerators and it sure as shit ain’t gonna be the coked out asshole at the top

This made me laugh more than it should have. Thank you good sir because I'm having a terrible morning. 

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I always talk them down to about $50 for a year sub, so I’m good with it, mostly because it’s how I tend to find new music/bands for myself as streaming services seem to just pull from the same bands most of the time, and when I do the “discover new music” thing with any of them it just gives me garbage I don’t like lol. Plus, that Pearl Jam station :daydream:

But, yea, any more than $50-60ish/year and no f’n way :p 

I also don’t think the phone apps are worth paying for, as there’s no server really involved in a way that it should cost money. It’s a signal from your phone through the net/towers to your cars onboard modem. Only server-side bit is the log-in and settings being saved. Ford/Lincoln and others (Hyundai/Kia/Genesis being one of them) offer it for free for life on new cars.

Which app are you meaning? With Blue-Link, you get three years for free with the purchase of a new car and then it's $99/year. https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/blue-link

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
TECHCRUNCH.COM

Elon Musk is planning to charge new X users a small fee to enable posting on social networks and curb the bot problem.

such a good businessman it’s no surprise to anyone why he’s the richest man alive

lol at saying it's about bots when they were able to react lightning fast to doxxing the Nazi cartoonist

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
TECHCRUNCH.COM

Elon Musk is planning to charge new X users a small fee to enable posting on social networks and curb the bot problem.

such a good businessman it’s no surprise to anyone why he’s the richest man alive

No quicker way to kill growth than the paywall, so will Threads or BlueSky be the successor once he finally sends this to a farm upstate to play with MySpace.

14 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

The only car subscription I think is valid to pay for is satellite radio, and I wouldn’t pay for that either way.

Youtube Premium with family plan gets us up to 6 individual YT and YT music accounts, all without ads.  It's a pretty good deal.  I listen to mostly YT music in the car.

I'm kind of surprised that they've only shipped under 4000 Cybertrucks up to now. I kinda thought that by the time they finally shipped any, they'd be able to really push them out. Tesla's Q4 2023 deck says they have production capacity for 125k Cybertrucks a year and their goal is to double that in 18 months. Apparently analysts seem to think they'll ship somewhere between 20k - 80k this year, with a few outliers even higher. 1000 vehicles a months is outpacing the notorious model 3 rollout, but Telsa is shipping more than 10x as many cars a quarter now than they were then. They should be better at putting out new models. They didn't separate the Y deliveries from the 3, so it's hard to say how quickly they ramped that up, but with the similarities, it should have been pretty easy.