Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I think it will take longer for two main reasons.  First, unlike MySpace there is no clearly superior alternative.  Second, a LOT of people use Twitter as a way to establish and promote their personal businesses.  Patreons for podcasts and the like have very few reasonable alternative ways of leveraging someone’s personality into people’s feeds.  As some artists pointed out, Twitter is pretty much the only major social media site that allows straight up explicit content to coexist with the rest of the group, so it leaves those people with basically no other option. 

Unless something new shows up soon AND takes off, expect Twitter to limp onwards for a while unless Elon goes full nuclear or something.

• Halal 2

51 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Myspace didn't collapse overnight either 

Right, it totally evolved into a music scene social media for a few years. What's funny though, is that there was an old commercial when mobile apps were first becoming a thing where an old man yells "MySpace Mobile!" and that's sort of an inside joke with my wife. I feel like Twitter won't survive this and will become a symbol of a past decade. 

• Halal 2

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

akeDPAF.jpg
agreed with Ana 

God I want to hear what from the infrastructure side is deteriorating. I work in product so I know all of these new feature requests and turning that around and going live to hundreds of millions of users is just... not really feasible in a month, let alone 2 months really. Elon is a fucking idiot for treating these feature releases as a life or death situation. It's not a rocket or a Tesla FSD where people can die. 

1 minute ago, Comet said:

God I want to hear what from the infrastructure side is deteriorating. I work in product so I know all of these new feature requests and turning that around and going live to hundreds of millions of users is just... not really feasible in a month, let alone 2 months really. Elon is a fucking idiot for treating these feature releases as a life or death situation. It's not a rocket or a Tesla FSD where people can die. 

No he’sa genius

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

akeDPAF.jpg
agreed with Ana 

No shock here. When you cut people you have to expect spillage from those you didn't want leaving. Wait till we start hearing about managers getting fired because they were unable to get people to come back because the genius is going to want to pin this on others.

• Halal 1

Product development and pricing are complex tasks for a corporation the size and scope of Twitter, so the idea that these guys think they can come in and just throw shit at the wall is comical. There are entire teams devoted to these topics for a reason! Anyone who thinks these guys understand what they are doing is insane.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

This is the full Platformer stories from two posts up. There's some wild stuff in here. Today, I saw the Verge story referenced in here that there's actually been a bunch of new users since Elon took over, and I kinda convinced myself that maybe all of the media attention would give the site some momentum for a while and that maybe we'd all jumped the gun on declaring the site dead. But reading this, it seems like Elon's just dreaming up new ways to extract money from every user, and meanwhile nobody is minding the store because nobody knows what they're supposed to be doing since half the staff was laid off.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.PLATFORMER.NEWS

Will he go through with it? PLUS: Botched layoffs, how the new Blue could lose money, and more

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Product development and pricing are complex tasks for a corporation the size and scope of Twitter, so the idea that these guys think they can come in and just throw shit at the wall is comical. There are entire teams devoted to these topics for a reason! Anyone who thinks these guys understand what they are doing is insane.

NO it is YOU who do not understand that elon is a GENIUS who is saving humanity by OVERPAYING for unprofitable social media WEBSITE

• Haha 1