Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I have to salute that man. I know from a corporate lens you shouldn't air company laundry but when you're boss is wrongly trying to throw your team/group under the bus in public, fuck him and start burning bridges. Elon is really going out of his way to show how awful of a leader he is.

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to repeat my warnings again:

DEACTIVATE.  YOUR.  ACCOUNT.  NOW.

DELETE. THE.  APP. FROM. YOUR. PHONE. NOW.

I already did when we first got word of him buying the platform. In my defence for having one it was an old account created so a game I built for watches could tweet the user's high score. :P

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to repeat my warnings again:

DEACTIVATE.  YOUR.  ACCOUNT.  NOW.

DELETE. THE.  APP. FROM. YOUR. PHONE. NOW.

I definitely get why you would want to remove the app from the phone (I just did now that you mentioned it) but is there any security reason to remove your accounts if they aren’t personal? Both of mine are totally anonymous with no real information and are just used for viewing/posting game pics from console to download.

20 minutes ago, CayceG said:

The 2FA thing wasn't really widespread or long lasting. It was back up momentarily after the tweet was published. 

So, 2FA works and has for hours. 

It also only affected anyone that has Twitter fully handle 2FA. Use Google Authenticator or any other this party 2FA and you were fine.

Still stupid, though. None of this stuff should ever come as a surprise when it hits production.

2 hours ago, Jason said:
6b7e7ac30babd1618100a3d73c19515a.png
JALOPNIK.COM

Glenn Howerton, star of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' tells the maddening story of how his Model X got stuck in an underground garage for two days.

I caught this episode when it went live and couldn’t believe what a pain in the ass that must have been 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's so good, always funny and frequently insightful. It's not a "show" podcast but the Inside of You podcast with Michael Rosenbaum is frequently good too.

I saw a clip of his podcast with Tom Welling for their Smallville rewatch and they are just ROASTING the early episodes of the show.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Comet said:

I caught this episode when it went live and couldn’t believe what a pain in the ass that must have been 

Honesty dude sounds like he doesn’t understand technology, and couldn’t follow the very simple steps to use the backup NFC card. You don’t need internet access to open or drive, just one of three key options, the fob, the backup NFC card, or your phone with the Tesla app which uses Bluetooth connectivity.

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Honesty dude sounds like he doesn’t understand technology, and couldn’t follow the very simple steps to use the backup NFC card. You don’t need internet access to open or drive, just one of three key options, the fob, the backup NFC card, or your phone with the Tesla app which uses Bluetooth connectivity.

I’m fairly sure he tried this repeatedly and even Tesla support couldn’t figure out the issue. But it’s been weeks since I listened to the episode so I forget specifics. I never got the vibe he didn’t understand the tech or the available back up plans. 

11 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's so good, always funny and frequently insightful. It's not a "show" podcast but the Inside of You podcast with Michael Rosenbaum is frequently good too.

my old job had me in my car for a lot of driving. So the the Inside of You podcast was frequently being played when I had too venture out. The Bautista interview with him geeking out about Rosenbaum’s geek collection in the basement was great. One of my favs is the reunion episode with the cast of Sorority Boys and the Harland Williams not letting him stop laughing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sblfilms said:

How is it good design to take a simple process and add additional levels of complexity that add nothing of value to the underlying process?

• Halal 1

54 minutes ago, Chris- said:

How is it good design to take a simple process and add additional levels of complexity that add nothing of value to the underlying process?

There is nothing complex about it, unless you think touching an NFC reader is complex and if so checking out at the grocery store must make your knees buckle 

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is nothing complex about it, unless you think touching an NFC reader is complex and if so checking out at the grocery store must make your knees buckle 

The technology isn’t complex, what’s complex is layering in multiple divergent paths for what should otherwise be a straight forward consumer experience. Opening and starting a car are pretty simple experiences; you don’t really need to interrogate the underlying tech to see how they bungled it in a rather fundamental way. 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

The technology isn’t complex, what’s complex is layering in multiple divergent paths for what should otherwise be a straight forward consumer experience. Opening and starting a car are pretty simple experiences; you don’t really need to interrogate the underlying tech to see how they bungled it in a rather fundamental way. 

Yeah. I mean if there’s multiple way to start one of these cars how well were they tested in conflicting cases? Like you have an internet connection that may be timing out with dropped packets, a bad Bluetooth (with its own set of problems) connection, or a faulty/breaking nfc tag all at once? Are there “security” features on the car which conflict with these edge cases? How were they tested and was the testing sufficient? (Based on what I’m seeing at twitter and some Tesla stuff online, it doesn’t look good on this front)

it’s not simple at all when dealing with multiple concurrent systems!

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah. I mean if there’s multiple way to start one of these cars how well were they tested in conflicting cases? Like you an internet connection that may be timing out, a bad Bluetooth (with its own set of problems) connection or a faulty/breaking nfc tag all at once? Are there “security” features on the car which conflict with these edge cases? How were they tested and was the testing sufficient? (Based on what I’m seeing at twitter and some Tesla stuff online, it doesn’t look good on this front)

Guys sbl is rich and therefore very smart. 

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah. I mean if there’s multiple way to start one of these cars how well were they tested in conflicting cases? Like you have an internet connection that may be timing out with dropped packets, a bad Bluetooth (with its own set of problems) connection, or a faulty/breaking nfc tag all at once? Are there “security” features on the car which conflict with these edge cases? How were they tested and was the testing sufficient? (Based on what I’m seeing at twitter and some Tesla stuff online, it doesn’t look good on this front)

Bay area bubble designs