Eternal Sunshine for America: Senate passes bill to make daylight savings time permanent

55 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:
FK2HLAC5V5NOTA2JQPWHAMCBQQ.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. Senate voted unanimously on Tuesday to make Daylight Savings Time permanent, a move supporters say would make winter afternoons brighter and end the twice changing of clocks.

"I know this is not the most important issue confronting America..." Rubio added.

As always, Marco Rubio has to be wrong about literally everything.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

This'll be the biggest, most impactful change any politician has ever had on my life directly. Huzzah!

Next, normalize waking up at noon because we're not a fucking nation of farmers anymore. There's no reason to be getting at at 5 or 6 in the goddamn morning. What for? Do offices stop working in the afternoon? Fuck mornings! Let all the morning sickos have their own special shift and be the weirdos for once.

23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This'll be the biggest, most impactful change any politician has ever had on my life directly. Huzzah!

Next, normalize waking up at noon because we're not a fucking nation of farmers anymore. There's no reason to be getting at at 5 or 6 in the goddamn morning. What for? Do offices stop working in the afternoon? Fuck mornings! Let all the morning sickos have their own special shift and be the weirdos for once.

I wake up at 5 or 6 even on the weekends.  My body commands me to.  

I guess I'm a :sickos:

• Sicko 1

25 minutes ago, johnny said:

work being done and it being dark out for many is demoralizing. get that shit out of there. 

Yeah but it's also demoralizing having to wake up and head out for work while it's still pitch black out. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but it's also demoralizing having to wake up and head out for work while it's still pitch black out. 

I got used to it pretty quick once i moved to 6 am shifts, i could never get used to getting home at 6pm it having been dark out for almost an hour and still having to make dinner ect...  it was just terrible hours in the winter.  The only other option is to keep doing what we're doing changing the clocks, or going to standard where its daylight at like 4:30am which is entirely pointless.

I'm sure Canada will follow suit now. This has been a long time coming. We've needed to get rid of Daylight Savings for years now, as it's so stupid having to change the clicks twice a year, and at least they're keeping the later summer days. This is going to be weird though with timezones that never did Daylight Savings. 

I wonder if location within the time zone plays a role in how people feel about it? If you’re on the far western edge of a zone, you probably don’t see it dark before 5:30/5:45 even on the shortest days, while the eastern edge can be dark before 5pm.