U.S. Population Growth, an Economic Driver, Grinds to a Halt

15 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unless my wife lets me be the donor for any of her college friends with no s/o and a quickly ticking biological clock (very unlikely scenario here) then my child having days are probably over I'm sad to say.

Wait, so you are saying this COULD happen? Nice.

• Haha 2

I don't have a WSJ sub, but putting that number in context with the rest of the world and it seems like the US isn't doing too bad, at least compared to our economic rivals.

If the economy bounces back and we can get over the pandemic, that'll help a lot. We also can basically increase our population at will if we just open up the immigration gates (though that would require some serious political shifts).

For my part, I'll happily identify as part of the "problem."

13 hours ago, Komusha said:

The irony is that I got into education because I love children and now I can’t afford to even have my own.

Yes, this sounds like a job in education! Unfortunately we value people who chase balls much more than we do our educators. 

15 hours ago, Ominous said:

Maybe we should allow more immigration..... or just ban sex ed, birth control, and abortions. 

It’s going to be annoying when they start campaigning on liberal woke culture not allowing children to be born to grow our workforce while simultaneously still doing the same immigration panic shit.