Israel be genociding thread

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You are correct, they intentionally target civilians with bombings, and they have at best depraved indifference with regards to their use of rocket attacks. 

You didn't read what I copied. 

Just now, CayceG said:

You didn't read what I copied. 

I did. They target military locations with rockets that are inaccurate, which necessarily puts civilians at high risk. That’s depraved indifference.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I did. They target military locations with rockets that are inaccurate, which necessarily puts civilians at high risk. That’s depraved indifference.

I have no love for Hamas, and you're likely right. 

Which is why we should push to end the embargo on Gaza so that they can procure more accurate munitions in their fight against the Israeli occupiers. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I was going to ignore the tweet because I (a) didn’t see it and (b) don’t know what the fuck it says. 

It is a quote from the Quran, a particular passage that is often recited by Muslim Palestinians in regards to the doom that awaits Israel. 

To translate: :troll:

I see Israel and pro-Israel people are focusing on Hamas to deflect from their horrific treatment of Palestinians for decades, and then turn around and say Hamas is worse than them as justification all while ignoring how much power and negotation ability they have at this table? Like they didn't miltarily occupy the West Bank. That's not Hamas, that's Israel. They've blockaded Gaza so it's an open air prison. That's not Hamas, that's Israel. Palestinian territory since 1949 wasn't taken over by Hamas slowly over the decades, it was Israel. Hamas didn't even exist until 1987. So what are the I'm sure ludicrous justifications of Israel's slow roll genocide from 1949 to 1987?

How do they think they even first got the land? Simply by asking nicely? Or do they just solely blame the UK? Israel's ability to deflect and deny is as impressive as MAGA chuds in the US about American wars. 

How someone sees the facts of South Africa during apartheid and doesn't see the same with Israel in regards to Palestinians and not see that the fact patterns are basically the same in terms of Palestinians being third class citizens is crazy to me.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

@Greatonesherewhat is your solution to the conflict?

To be perfectly honest at this stage I'm not really sure. To me, all of this for the Palestinians is sadly too little, too late, in terms of people protesting on their behalf. 7 million are left, with few out in the diaspora across the world. To me Israel has already won, ala the US with Native Americans, who remain marginalized, mostly on reservations, few of them left. I hate that it's the case but it is.

I've always been a fan of the one state solution (I know, most hate it). Especially at this point. I know Palestinians want their own country to maintain and keep their own identity, but they can do that in Israel. It's not as if every ethnicity on Earth needs or even has their own country and they live just fine (note the difference between ethnicity and race). I'm sure Palestinians can't stomach being "Israeli citizens" with Israeli passports but it's better than this purgatorial hell they continue to live in. Obviously, Israel must acquiesce to a number of demands for me to be okay with a one state solutions. Mechanisms must be put in place in terms of reparations, safeguards in case of future policy regressions towards Palestinians, laws that make them equal citizens with equal rights that get equal treatment with Israelis. It won't be easy. It's not for France with Muslims, America for all its mixed races, and for black vs. white people in South Africa. That's life. At this point, we need to call a spade a spade.

Yet, with all that being said, Israel's jackboot on Palestinian peoples' throats under the cover of protecting themselves from Hamas is horrific to my eyes the same way any genocide is, whether that be Russia killing Chechnyans, China killing Uiyger Muslims, and so on. It all looks and sounds the same to me. That's my take anyway without writing like a 50 page thesis on it. :p