Israel be genociding thread

8 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Well than shit I guess killing of Gaza's top neurologist is justified. 

I’m a pacifist, no violence is justified in my view

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I’m a pacifist, no violence is justified in my view

You apparently are fine with slowly putting a tourniquet over the Palestinian people to the point they can barely function as a society while kicking them out their homes to build housing for Zionist fanatics. 

But hey its non violent. 

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

You apparently are fine with slowly putting a tourniquet over the Palestinian people to the point they can barely function as a society while kicking them out their homes to build housing for Zionist fanatics. 

But hey its non violent. 

I’ve said no such thing, you just made assumptions because I disagree with your editorialization of the facts.

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

Well if you have a better solution than Hamas launching rockets I'm all ears. Cause they do that shit if their is "peace". 

As @Fizzzzlehas been saying, there is no solution. Both sides have no end goal that is compatible with the other thriving. And still that is no excuse for murdering civilians.

On a practical level, rocket launching isn’t even good strategy as it galvanizes support of even the Israelis who are partial towards peace and ending the plight of the Palestinians. It leaves Palestinians worse off.

5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Well if you have a better solution than Hamas launching rockets I'm all ears. Cause they do that shit if there is "peace". 

Egypt annexes Gaza and pours their own military into the territory to keep the peace.  Gaza would be a wholly owned peace of Egypt.  Jordan does the same with the West Bank, but since it has too much cultural significance for 3 religions, it would be treated as more of a neutral zone. 

27 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Well if you have a better solution than Hamas launching rockets I'm all ears. Cause they do that shit if there is "peace". 

Hamas's own founding charter states their objective is to reunite Palestine -- including all of Israel -- under an Islamic state through Jihad.  It explicitly condemns a peace process or negotiating anything that falls short of what is essentially the destruction of Israel.

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

As @Fizzzzlehas been saying, there is no solution. Both sides have no end goal that is compatible with the other thriving. And still that is no excuse for murdering civilians.

On a practical level, rocket launching isn’t even good strategy as it galvanizes support of even the Israelis who are partial towards peace and ending the plight of the Palestinians. It leaves Palestinians worse off.

It is a good strategy for Hamas.  They are trying to demonstrate to the average Palestinian that they, and not President Abbas, should form the next government by showing that they will stand up to Israel.  That is why they are continuing to launch rockets at Israel.

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Egypt annexes Gaza and pours their own military into the territory to keep the peace.  Gaza would be a wholly owned peace of Egypt.  Jordan does the same with the West Bank, but since it has too much cultural significance for 3 religions, it would be treated as more of a neutral zone. 

Then Egypt would have to deal with Hamas.  They have no interest.

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Hamas's own founding charter states their objective is to reunite Palestine -- including all of Israel -- under an Islamic state through Jihad.  It explicitly condemns a peace process or negotiating anything that falls short of what is essentially the destruction of Israel.

It is a good strategy for Hamas.  They are trying to demonstrate to the average Palestinian that they, and not President Abbas, should form the next government by demonstrating that they will stand up to Israel.  That is why they are continuing to launch rockets at Israel.

Then Egypt would have to deal with Hamas.  They have no interest.

I would care about all that if Israel stopped building settlements. 

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Agreed. This is why Palestinians should be given advanced defensive weapony so they don't need to resort to crude rockets

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

What do you feel is the start of this specific blow up?

Hamas is continuing to work towards their long term goal of a unified Islamic State of Palestine.  They look for any opportunity to spur unrest, and push young Palestinians towards riots.  My recollection is the most recent excuse for launching rockets was the police presence in the Al-Aqsa mosque.  

If you believe that Hamas is firing rockets at Israel because they believe it will have some impact on as-yet-resolve court case about 4 Palestine families continuing to live at their current place in Jerusalem, I have a bridge I can sell you.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Hamas is continuing to work towards their long term goal of a unified Islamic State of Palestine.  They look for any opportunity to spur unrest, and push young Palestinians towards riots.  My recollection is the most recent excuse for launching rockets was the police presence in the Al-Aqsa mosque.  

If you believe that Hamas is firing rockets at Israel because they believe it will have some impact on as-yet-resolve court case about 4 Palestine families continuing to live at their current place in Jerusalem, I have a bridge I can sell you.

Haha ok bub. You might have a point if that wasn't happening. 

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

“Don’t attack civilians” is a pretty sturdy leg

Hamas does not indiscriminately target civilians. 

Hamas aims for military or dual military/civilian targets. The rockets just aren't that accurate, so they don't always hit. 

Here's the explanation from Tom Cooper, an author of military histories focusing on the Middle East:

Since the mass of governments and the media are still reporting about the Hamas and the PIJ aiming their rockets 'at population centres across southern and central Israel', here a sort of 'translation'. Essentially, a cross-examination of a myriad of reports about what the Qassam Brigades of the Hamaz, and the Qods Brigades of the Palestinian Jihad are actually trying to hit, and sometimes do hit. 
No doubt, this is only a partial list: thanks to the Israeli military censorship, and selective release of reports emphasising 'targeting of civilians', details are extremely hard to find out. But, a few hours of work, and scanning some 150-200 social media accounts do help make the situation clear. 
Since Monday, the Palestinian militants have targeted the following installations with following results: 
- Lod: Ben Gurion International Airport (missed the target; hit Lod instead, no damage reported)
- Holon: Ben Gurion International Airpot (missed the target; hit an empty bus; range is exactly the same like to Ben Gurion IAP)
- Petah Tikva: Ben Gurion International (overshoot the target; no damage reported)
- Ashkelon: powerplant (hit, set on fire)
- Asheklon: POL-depot (hit, set on fire, probably by Badr-3 rockets fired by QB/PIJ)
- Ashdod: port (results unclear and two wounded)
- Ashdod-Eilat Pipeline: (hit, set on fire)
- Ashdod: Israeli offshore oil/gas rigs (attacked by Shihab UAVs; results unknown)
- Ashdod: Hatzor AB (missed the target; hit the town instead, two lightly wounded; the town and AB are at the same range from Gaza)
- Sderot: the town has at least two IDF bases in its outskirts (hit on one of apartment buildings)
- Hatserim AB (targeted by up to 20 Shihab UAVs and Sejjil rockets; something was hit there, but unclear what; misreported as 'attack on Beersheba')
- Ramon AB (targeted by Ayyash-250; results unknown)
- Eilat: Ramon International Airport (targeted by Ayyash-250; results unknown)
Now, before anybody comes to the idea to explain 'these are no important places': 
- Hatzor AB: home-base of the 4th Wing IASF, incl. No. 101 and No. 105 Squadrons, equipped with F-16C/D (both units are involved in ongoing air strikes on Gaza Strip)
- Hatserim AB: a complex of two bases, including the home-base of the 6th Wing IASF, incl. No. 69 Squadron (F-15I), No. 107 Squadron (F-16I) etc. 
Indeed, the IDF went as far as to release photos showing F-15Is of No. 69 Squadron fully-loaded with US-made GBU-31 and GBU-38 JDAMs taking-off for attacks on Gaza Strip, yesterday - from Hatserim AB. 
With other words, and once again: their means are crude, not to say primitive. It could be said they are 'spraying and praying', too - which is not making effects upon civilian population any better, or lessening their responsibility. But, the fact is that Hamas and the PIJ are very much targeting either installations with dual purpose, or military installations of Israel.

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

Hamas does not indiscriminately target civilians.

You are correct, they intentionally target civilians with bombings, and they have at best depraved indifference with regards to their use of rocket attacks.