Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

4 minutes ago, ort said:

If Trump wins in 2024 the very first day he's in office they should impeach him for all the money his kids made while he was in office (and right after).

Trump himself said that he will be a day-one dictator if elected.  He "joked" that it would be only for one day, but come the fuck on, we know what will happen.

I think they definitely should impeach him, it will be very unpopular besides with people who are already lost and set good precedent for future GOP presidents.

Actually, they should vote for it in the Senate as well just for these chuds to give themselves President Kamala Harris which would be amazing 

Reminder that Mike Johnson doesn't have a bank account.

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Speaker Mike Johnson has never listed a bank account on his financial disclosure. In fact, on his newest disclosure he doesn’t list a single asset at all.

Democrats should be demanding an audit. I'm so tired of their passivity.

• True 1

WWW.PHILLYBURBS.COM

Clarice Schillinger made an unsuccessful bid for Pa. lieutenant governor and has worked with a PAC boosting conservative school board candidates.

“Former GOP lieutenant governor candidate and schools activist charged with punching teen at boozy Bucks party”

:daydream:

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Those independent numbers aren’t too inspiring 

Independents does include those "centrists" that believe all sides are the same and believe any claim Trump is religious should be regarded no differently than claims Biden in.

Those people believe they're above the political fray and are crazy.

Who are these mysterious 10% of Democrats that believe Trump is a person of faith? Be curious what their definition of person of faith is. Also, lol @ only 13% of Republicans believing Biden is a person of faith, when he very deeply is, compared to 64% for Trump, who obviously is not a person of faith. The poll is only of 1,000 registered voters so is pretty meaningless on a macro scale.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Who are these mysterious 10% of Democrats that believe Trump is a person of faith? Be curious what their definition of person of faith is. Also, lol @ only 13% of Republicans believing Biden is a person of faith, when he very deeply is, compared to 64% for Trump, who obviously is not a person of faith. The poll is only of 1,000 registered voters so is pretty meaningless on a macro scale.

I think the real lol-worthy thing here is that more repubs believe Trump, whose "two" Corinthians pretending to read the bible ass, think he is a person of faith. While fewer believe that Mitt Romney, who wears his religion on his sleeve and from all appearances is pretty genuine about it, is not.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It also seems very odd to me that only 53% of Democrats are saying Romney is a person of faith... Isn't that one of his biggest identity claims, and unlike Trump he's actually got credibility there?!

• True 1

29 minutes ago, Nokra said:

It also seems very odd to me that only 53% of Democrats are saying Romney is a person of faith... Isn't that one of his biggest identity claims, and unlike Trump he's actually got credibility there?!

They might not consider mormonism an actual faith? I dunno. Does he wear the special underwear?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Lots of Democrats are some flavor of Christian, many Christians don't think Mormons are Christian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

They might not consider mormonism an actual faith? I dunno. Does he wear the special underwear?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Lots of Democrats are some flavor of Christian, many Christians don't think Mormons are Christian.

Interesting. Reading more about it, it sounds like Mormons consider themselves Christians but many Catholics and (eastern) orthodox religions, as well as many Protestants, don't consider them Christian. I grew up in Mormon country and always took them at face value when they claimed they were Christian, but didn't really ever deep dive into their theology, because what I did hear of it already sounded crazy enough. TIL! 

52 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Interesting. Reading more about it, it sounds like Mormons consider themselves Christians but many Catholics and (eastern) orthodox religions, as well as many Protestants, don't consider them Christian. I grew up in Mormon country and always took them at face value when they claimed they were Christian, but didn't really ever deep dive into their theology, because what I did hear of it already sounded crazy enough. TIL! 

I always forget that you grew up in pretty much my least favorite place on the planet. What town specifically were you in? Mormons genuinely consider themselves Christian, so there was no lie of commission there at any rate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I always forget that you grew up in pretty much my least favorite place on the planet. What town specifically were you in? Mormons genuinely consider themselves Christian, so there was no lie of commission there at any rate. 

I grew up in a small town near Twin Falls, Idaho, about 4 hours from Salt Lake City. Though the town had fewer than 2,000 people, it had seven or eight different denominations' churches (Baptist, Methodist, Assembly of God, etc.)  and the Mormon church was by far the biggest/most popular. A good third of my classmates were Mormons, and in fact my best friend from elementary school through high school is Mormon (he had 11 siblings and now has four kids of his own; I have a dog :daydream:). 

6 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I grew up in a small town near Twin Falls, Idaho, about 4 hours from Salt Lake City. Though the town had fewer than 2,000 people, it had seven or eight different denominations' churches (Baptist, Methodist, Assembly of God, etc.)  and the Mormon church was by far the biggest/most popular. A good third of my classmates were Mormons, and in fact my best friend from elementary school through high school is Mormon (he had 11 siblings and now has four kids of his own; I have a dog :daydream:). 

Oh okay. Twin Falls is getting away from that section I hate more than anything (Rexburg, IF, Blackfoot, Pocatello). Sounds like your friend’s wife is doing things the women in China won’t. 

ETA: oh yeah this isn’t the thread about declining birth rates in China whoops. 

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Also, what most Mormons do not understand is that their definition of Christian isn’t the definition that most Christians go by. It’s a totally foreign concept to them. 

Which has to be some justification for why some don't view them as Christian. 

What's the tl;dr on the definition Mormons use?

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Which has to be some justification for why some don't view them as Christian. 

What's the tl;dr on the definition Mormons use?

Just belief in and worship of Jesus. Whereas I feel most other Christians make that half of the definition with the other half being Jesus being part of the traditional trinity which Mormons reject.