Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

How often is there a CPAC? I swear to god it seems like there's one every month.

It’s like WWE’s current PPV model of one shitty PPV a month where you watch and wonder why you didn’t just smash yourself in the face with a brick instead.

• Like 2

There's far more similarities in party operation and intra-party politics between the GOP and the Bolsheviks than I'm comfortable with.

Their shared intellectual roots might have something to do with it. I forget who said it but 'neocons* are the descendants of disillusioned Bolsheviks' is an argument that I'm buying into more and more.

*maga people being themselves disillusioned neocons

On 7/20/2022 at 12:03 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's far more similarities in party operation and intra-party politics between the GOP and the Bolsheviks than I'm comfortable with.

Their shared intellectual roots might have something to do with it. I forget who said it but 'neocons* are the descendants of disillusioned Bolsheviks' is an argument that I'm buying into more and more.

*maga people being themselves disillusioned neocons

Disillusioned Trotskyists, specifically.

Many of the early neoconservatives were members of “the family,” Murray Kempton’s apt designation for that disputatious tribe otherwise known as the New York intellectuals. They had come of age in the 1930s at the City College of New York (CCNY), a common destination for smart working-class Jews who otherwise might have attended Ivy League schools, where quotas prohibited much Jewish enrollment until after World War II.

Gertrude Himmelfarb, Irving Kristol, and their milieu learned the art of polemics during years spent in the CCNY cafeteria’s celebrated Alcove No. 1, where young Trotskyists waged ideological warfare against the Communist students who occupied Alcove No. 2. During their flirtations with Trotskyism in the 1930s, when tussles with other radical students seemed like a matter of life and death, future neoconservatives developed habits of mind that never atrophied.

They held on to their combative spirits, their fondness for sweeping declarations, and their suspicion of leftist dogma. Such an epistemological background endowed neoconservatives with what seemed like an intuitive capacity for critiquing New Left arguments. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This is what she's talking about.

220721161535-01-white-christian-national
WWW.CNN.COM

Scholars and historians say the harmful teachings of White Christian nationalism -- which help spark the January 6 attack on the US Capitol -- have been adopted by many Americans without them knowing it.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Imagine waiting 25 minutes for what’s basically the McDonald’s of Italian food. Mike Pence really is the whitest human being alive.

He’s the incarnation of Indiana. Probably eats mayo and white bread sandwiches and thinks that a potato is too spicy. 

• True 1