Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Do unpopular things, get less money. Shocking. 

Are they getting less money or is more of their money going to Trump? I'll buy Democrats are getting more money because of Republicans don't unpopular things, yes, but I do wonder if Republicans+Trump is significantly lower than your average year. There were already stories during the last election cycle that down ballot Republicans were hurting because Trump was gobbling up donations and not sharing. I'm wondering if we're just seeing more of that.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trafalgar I always thought was pretty accurate so that is somewhat concerning

They're honestly throwing darts at a board with their methodology.

Trafalgar Group adjusts its polls for a "social desirability bias" effect, the hypothesized tendency of some voters to calibrate their responses to polls towards what they believe the survey taker would like to hear. It does this by not only asking respondents how they plan to vote, but also how they think their neighbors might vote

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Fuck do I miss his Daily Show days. He almost seem to keep these fuckers in line. Well at least a bigger general amount of the public did and believed them more than mainstream news media. Trevor Noah can have his moments but he doesn’t have Stewart’s bite to match the satire setup. I wish they didn’t make Jordan Klepper and his show like a far right satire, he’s not Colbert but would love to see him like Stewart. His segments are the closest to what I remember TDS being like before Noah’s era.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

If it didn't have a single word added, then what were they fixing and why did they have to redo the vote?

If you click on the CNN link, he talks about tells what happened. Pretty much a single line was put in that would of allowed local medical practitioners to to offer VA like health service. So vets wouldn’t have to be driving out of their way to a registered VA for their service. So that single line forced this latest vote, and now the Republicans are bitter because the Democrats are getting a couple of wins in the senate. So like Stewart said, nothing but the line they wanted remove, is the exact same bill wording that got 84 total votes the first time. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

If it didn't have a single word added, then what were they fixing and why did they have to redo the vote?

It was a procedural line that allows vets in rural areas to use local medical centers that apparently needed to be added. It was basically a nothing addition.

10 hours ago, silentbob said:

If you click on the CNN link, he talks about tells what happened. Pretty much a single line was put in that would of allowed local medical practitioners to to offer VA like health service. So vets wouldn’t have to be driving out of their way to a registered VA for their service. So that single line forced this latest vote, and now the Republicans are bitter because the Democrats are getting a couple of wins in the senate. So like Stewart said, nothing but the line they wanted remove, is the exact same bill wording that got 84 total votes the first time. 

Klepper’s off-site things are definitely the best thing on Noah’s TDS, IMO. IIRC, Klepper was the last hire from John Stewart. That being said, I’d highly recommend checking out Seth Meyers, I’ve found his show to be the closest to Stewart’s Daily Show (still not as good, but Seth has way more “moments” than Noah or Colbert these days IMO: Seth consistently makes me laugh at the very least)

• Like 2

220729134007-michael-peroutka.jpg?c=16x9
WWW.CNN.COM

The Republican Party's nominee for Maryland attorney general hosted a series of five radio shows in 2006 devoted to arguing in support of 9/11 conspiracy theories questioning if the terror attack was the work of an "elite bureaucrat" who had demolition charges in every building in New York City and even suggesting if those who died after a hijacked plane hit the Pentagon were killed elsewhere.

This guy is a whack job like most GOP candidates. How much crazy do they want in the party?