What game(s) are you looking forward to the most this year?

Phaseknox

The following are the games that I’m looking forward to the most this year (in alphabetical order):

Biomutant

Crimson Desert

Dying Light 2

Edge of Eternity

Elden Ring

Far Cry 6

God of War Ragnarok

Gotham Knights

Horizon Forbidden West

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Little Nightmares II

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Psychonauts 2

Resident Evil Village

Stray

Tales of Arise

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

What game(s) are you looking forward to the most this year?

I'm cautiously optimistic for Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2. The development has been really troubled, but it could still be really good.

Evil Genius 2: World Domination looks really fun.

Builders of Egypt looks like a really fun city builder that no one has done before.

Final Fantasy VII Remake hasn't been given an official non-PS4 release date, but it's been confirmed the timed exclusive deal ends on April 10. So maybe then? One can hope.

Biomutant - do we even really know that much about it yet?

I'm not normally a FPS guy but Deathloop looks fun

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - if you haven't played Ys Seven, Memories of Celceta, or Ys VIII, I recommend all of them

It may be a long shot, but may we get Final Fantasy XVI this year? Maybe?

Fuck what even games are coming out this year. There are no games on my radar. I mean, I do want Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, and FF16, but the only one that might happen this year is Tales. There might, maybe, also be a new FF14 expansion but I think it will only be announced this year. 

After googling it seems SMTV and Halo will be out this year. SMTV will be gotten for sure, but Halo is a wait for reviews and gamepass. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Fuck what even games are coming out this year. There are no games on my radar. I mean, I do want Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, and FF16, but the only one that might happen this year is Tales. There might, maybe, also be a new FF14 expansion but I think it will only be announced this year. 

After googling it seems SMTV and Halo will be out this year. SMTV will be gotten for sure, but Halo is a wait for reviews and gamepass. 

We haven't heard anything about Tales of Arise in over a year. It's one of those "I'll get excited when I see it" things.

I just want Bamco to release the Xillia games on Steam, honestly.

I have a feeling that many of the BIG titles we'll all be playing & talking about have yet to even be really announced. In other words, I am expecting huge surprises for sure.

Unfortunately, the next Forza Motorsport will alas not be a part of that conversation for this year I fear.

Control: Ultimate Edition

Deathloop

Hitman 3 (gotta play Hitman 1/2 in my backlog first)

Horizon Forbidden West

God of War Ragnarok 

Great Ace Attorney Collection

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Resident Evil Village

Returnal

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe

I'm not going to be surprised if either Horizon or GOW are delayed.

Then there's the backlog: No Man's Sky VR, Star Wars Squadrons VR, Planet Coaster, Dark Souls III, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, finishing Astro's Playroom, finishing Blood & Truth, replaying some BC games like Days Gone or God of War, probably replaying Horizon Zero Dawn before Forbidden West

Phew!

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No need to wait. Halo will be game pass day one.

What I meant is even before throwing away 15 bucks, or whatever the sub costs, I want to see the reviews or rather actual gameplay from streamers. Halo 4 and 5 were so crap that I have no desire to play another halo game of that quality

The indie(-ish) stuff is where it's at this year, for me.  It's absurd how many great looking games are coming.

Solar Ash
solar-ash-kingdom-screen-05-ps4-ps5-26ju

The Gunk

The-Gunk-Screenshot-6.png

Lost in Random
lir-screenshot-3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455

Tunic

ss_1f13b6b65d141e179a7904c0aae00516a315c

Hollow Knight: Silksong
ss_fa26119cb53ce2433930f1257f8b76a465f0f

Little Devil Inside

little-devil-insideo7jsi.jpg

Psyconauts 2

zp-273902_Psychonauts-2_2020_07-23-20_00

kena-bridge-of-spirits-image-block-02-en

It Takes Two

it-takes-two-blog-image-1.jpg.adapt.crop

Black Myth: Wu Kong

wukong-53akcw.jpg

Gestalt: Steam and Cinder

fmjxn.png

Stray

ss_5c7f2c59ab136e7b4b8262c97ed906537c1ae

12 Minutes

ss_85c0b4036a36a61027cb17415ac739f2a0523

Sable

e5f06758-c100-46c9-a704-2b422ea2d4bd.jpg

Anno:Mutationem
ss3.png

Edge of Eternity (gotta fix those facial animations though)

1443563212-edge-of-eta5k4f.jpg

Knuckle Sandwich
KnuckleSandwich_04.png

F.I.S.T.
ss_ccd8779df96086c6f7b6df03b437264365532

Tchia

ss_5b35a55e56bc64b175e86adbc503b20a8322c

0ced5b_3738b3e6cd644fd8a524c24a525c063e~

... Doesn't even scratch the surface of what's out there.  If even half of these pan out, it's going to be an amazing year.

• Like 1

Looking forward to:

Tunic

Gotham Knights

CrossfireX

Halo

The Gunk

Psychonauts 2

Flight Sim

Darktide

I also haven't played control yet - waiting a few more days till Feb 2 to get the next gen upgrade to start it.  Same for Cyberpunk that I have never booted up... probably this fall after next gen hits I will play that.

There are also strong hints circulating from MS that there are two AAA games releasing this year that have not been announced yet.  My totally uneducated guess on those would be a new Forza Horizon game (not the Forza Motorsports that has been teased) and maybe Starfield. 

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

The indie(-ish) stuff is where it's at this year, for me.  It's absurd how many great looking games are coming.

wukong-53akcw.jpg

This game looks really cool actually. It's another Souls-like but it looks really fun last I saw gameplay footage. 

Off the top of my head I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil Village and Returnal right now. RE Village is probably my #1 right now.

Resident Evil Village

Returnal 

And oh yeah, sign me up for that game Stray as well. That looks really cool to me as well. 

FFXVI (multiple "investigative game journalists" believe it's coming this year)

Horizon

GoW (probably not this year)

REVIIlage

Halo 6

Psychonaughts 2

Bowsers Fury

BotW2

Gotham Knights

Ratchet and Clank

Biomutant

Nier Autotomatoes 1.23568888

ME Legendary Edition 

Returnals

Deathloop

Im sure there is more.

Edit: B4B and It takes Two.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:14 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Is that still in development, it seems like ages since anything was mentioned about it.

On 1/27/2021 at 3:21 AM, Bacon said:

Fuck what even games are coming out this year. There are no games on my radar.

The ones that I listed. Of course not all of them will probably come out this year, but most of them are scheduled to.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:14 AM, crispy4000 said:

Solar Ash
solar-ash-kingdom-screen-05-ps4-ps5-26ju

The Gunk

The-Gunk-Screenshot-6.png

Lost in Random
lir-screenshot-3.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455

Tunic

ss_1f13b6b65d141e179a7904c0aae00516a315c

Hollow Knight: Silksong
ss_fa26119cb53ce2433930f1257f8b76a465f0f

Little Devil Inside

little-devil-insideo7jsi.jpg

Psyconauts 2

zp-273902_Psychonauts-2_2020_07-23-20_00

kena-bridge-of-spirits-image-block-02-en

It Takes Two

it-takes-two-blog-image-1.jpg.adapt.crop

wukong-53akcw.jpg

Gestalt: Steam and Cinder

fmjxn.png

Stray

ss_5c7f2c59ab136e7b4b8262c97ed906537c1ae

12 Minutes

ss_85c0b4036a36a61027cb17415ac739f2a0523

Sable

e5f06758-c100-46c9-a704-2b422ea2d4bd.jpg

Anno:Mutationem
ss3.png

Edge of Eternity (gotta fix those facial animations though)

1443563212-edge-of-eta5k4f.jpg

Knuckle Sandwich
KnuckleSandwich_04.png

F.I.S.T.
ss_ccd8779df96086c6f7b6df03b437264365532

Tchia

ss_5b35a55e56bc64b175e86adbc503b20a8322c

0ced5b_3738b3e6cd644fd8a524c24a525c063e~

... Doesn't even scratch the surface of what's out there.  If even half of these pan out, it's going to be an amazing year.

I love indies, my backlog is full of them. I was already interested in some of the ones that you posted, but I didn’t know about a lot of them. So many are constantly coming out that it’s hard to keep up with them all.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

God of War and Resident Evil are the only ones I can think of. I'm not really keeping up, as I've got plenty to play as it is.

I’ve got plenty to play as well, I have hundreds of games in my backlog. All of the games that I’m interested in this year I’m getting for PS4, and it’s unlikely that I will buy any of them on day one due to having a sizable backlog. I won’t be getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X for quite a while.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:07 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and I really want to be excited for RE Village but I have a feeling i'll be playing the XBO/PS4 version, and i have a feeling its going to either run like garbage or make a lot of sacrifices.

I’ll be getting it for PS4 along with every other cross-gen game coming out this year as I don’t plan on getting a PS5 or Xbox Series X anytime soon. I expect the cross-gen games to still be pretty good on PS4, I enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 on it so I’m sure that I’ll enjoy all of the games still coming out for it as well.

14 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and I really want to be excited for RE Village but I have a feeling i'll be playing the XBO/PS4 version, and i have a feeling its going to either run like garbage or make a lot of sacrifices.

My hype meter will go up once i get a Series X.

Its fynny how one completely unfinished game releases as a shit show, and people act like its the hardware and not the dev thats a problem. If tLoU2 and FF7 run fine on ps4, so will RE8.

4 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Its fynny how one completely unfinished game releases as a shit show, and people act like its the hardware and not the dev thats a problem. If tLoU2 and FF7 run fine on ps4, so will RE8.

If it's meant for last gen it will not benefit next gen and if it's mean for next gen it will struggle on last gen.

That being said it's on RE Engine which seems to scale well (as far as I know) never played these games (RE2 and RE3) on a console but I'd wager it would run the same as those.

22 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Having to target 7+ different SKUs is very much a development problem.  TLoU2 and FF7R limited themselves to 2 at launch.

There's games that do get it right across the board.  But for anyone sticking with base last-gen hardware, I wouldn't presume games like RE8 will run fine.

32 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The developers literally said they were having trouble getting it to run well on last gen consoles. Hence my trepidation.

Edit: Ok, it was "rumored" to be having issues on PS5. But I'm still nervous.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Having to target 7+ different SKUs is very much a development problem.  TLoU2 and FF7R limited themselves to 2 at launch.

There's games that do get it right across the board.  But for anyone sticking with base last-gen hardware, I wouldn't presume games like RE8 will run fine.

Literally the only games that ever have MAJOR problems are open worlds, regardless of console. RE engine was developed for last gen consoles, and will have no problems. 

People need to get over being upset about cross gen. Developers will not ignore 150m+ last gen consoles because we want prettier games.