What game(s) are you looking forward to the most this year?

Phaseknox

42 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Avengers BETA. 

CONTROL was built for last gen, not cross gen. Cross gen came after... it not running was the fault of the dev, not the hardware.

You guys are grasping at straws, 99% of games release fine.

The full game of Avengers didn't fare better.  Same smeary reconstruction issues and FPS drops.  Look on the right.

Action sequences kill the clarity.  It's nearly Cyperpunk deja vu.

Control had greater next-gen ambitions than most of the games you see so far on actual PS5/XSX hardware.  Much of their focus was on pushing the RTX cards on PC to their limits.  It's little surprise they had difficulty pairing back to base level hardware, even without RT.

Point was, it's not just open world games that are struggling like you said.  XBO/PS4 hardware is 7+ years old now.  It's inevitable games will perform worse there going forward.  Cyperpunk wasn't a total anomaly, given that prior gen games pushing the Pro/X could fall into the same trap.  But it does reflect an extreme of how bad it could get with next gen consoles in the mix.

And yes, open world games will continue to have issues on old hardware.  It's not something just to brush off, since many games do go there.

I think we'll see prior gen versions of games be mostly dropped after 2 years, because like always, it's going to be too much of a drag to keep them around.  No one should take good performance on XBO/PS4 as a given in the meanwhile.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Its fynny how one completely unfinished game releases as a shit show, and people act like its the hardware and not the dev thats a problem. If tLoU2 and FF7 run fine on ps4, so will RE8.

eh it doesn’t really matter who is to blame - it’s an issue. I have been reluctant to buy PS4 versions of games for several years due to those versions being completely outclassed even on my moderately powered PC. 

Monster Hunter, Destiny 2, Control, and several others have been a problem on PS4. There have been some that run great and I expect RE7 will probably do well, but I wouldn’t call it an isolated issue. 

Not sure all of these are coming out this year, but here's what I'm anticipating:

Bravely Default II

Monster Hunter Rise

Monster Hunter Stories 2
Bayonetta 3

No More Heroes 3

Metroid Prime 4

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (or whatever they end up calling it)

Shin Megami Tensei V

NEW Pokémon Snap

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Persona 5 Strikers

Hollow Knight: Silk Song

Yo-Kai Watch 4

The Great Ace Attorney Collection

The King of Fighters XV

Guilty Gear

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris- said:

Nothing really. Returnal looks awesome, and I’m looking forward to a non-borked version of Cyberpunk 2077, but otherwise it’s hard to get excited for anything that doesn’t have a release date/hasn’t really been shown. 

Dude...snap some great pics of random Pokémon with us! NEW Pokémon Snap is soon!