Nintendo should just make a powerful console.

CastletonSnob

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If we’re talking about terrible takes, You also said that a remake of a 25-year old Gameboy game was a AAA-release. 

A complete remake is absolutely a AAA game. Or are you saying Demon's Souls isn't AAA because it's a remake of a past game?

13 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I've done what I almost never do and just skipped to the last page without reading literally any of the thread because I'll just state this: Nintendo should make games at least as powerful as they need to be to run their own games very well. The Switch hasn't even been powerful enough to get their first-party shit running up to par. Odyssey may have ran great, but BotW ran and continues to run like ass, just less like ass than at launch. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a performance disaster, and I think that kind of showing is a damn shame. I don't care if their console is "powerful," just that maybe they should take their most intensive game, and get it running at native res (whatever that might be) and 60 FPS, and then that should be the minimum power their machine should have.

And also whoever is in charge of their online infrastructure needs to be bled out on a street corner so I can watch them suffer. But only a little bit. 

I'd agree with that with how tech has progressed today.

Back when XB2 and BoTW came out, I would have paid an extra $50-100 for the Switch if it could just run them at a solid 1080p30 docked.

11 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I am saying that Link’s Awakening is not a AAA release. 

Eh.  I could see why it could be talked down like that.  Both as a remake and an isometric 3d game.

On the other hand, it's a much better game than the indies I can think of going for similar things. (ie: HoB, Yono, Oceanhorn)  
So is A Link Between Worlds.  They're both must play classics in my book.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Eh.  I could see why it could be talked down like that.  Both as a remake and an isometric 3d game.

On the other hand, it's a much better game than the indies I can think of going for similar things. (ie: HoB, Yono, Oceanhorn)  
So is A Link Between Worlds.  They're both must play classics in my book.

AAA has nothing to do with how good it is. It is a reflection of the development/marketing budgets. 

On 1/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, thedarkstark said:

I If people like me leave en masse it's going to hurt. The casual gamers who only buy pokemon and animal crossing aren't moving the needle. 

Animal Crossing New Horizons is in the top 30 best selling video games of all time. Every Pokemon game is in the top 50. You don't know what you're talking about.

Also what is this "casual" nonsense when it comes to Pokemon or Animal Crossing? People who play those games invest hundreds if not thousands of hours in them, there's nothing casual about it.

People are right, this thread is 2006 era shit, lul

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

ANDROID USES WIDGETS APPLE USES APPS WHATEVER PHONE I OWN DOES IT BEST

Pfft.  My Motorola Razr does everything a phone could ever possibly need to do.  Anyway, I gotta get back and pre-order my Zune.  Later, nerds.

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Animal Crossing New Horizons is in the top 30 best selling video games of all time. Every Pokemon game is in the top 50. You don't know what you're talking about.

Also what is this "casual" nonsense when it comes to Pokemon or Animal Crossing? People who play those games invest hundreds if not thousands of hours in them, there's nothing casual about it.

People are right, this thread is 2006 era shit, lul

Ohhh you're right i forgot nintendo gets paid by the hour! My bad! Oh wait they don't, and if somebody puts 10,000 hours into AC nintendo still only makes $60.

Attach rate is the most important thing and its why the wii started to sputter and die near the end of its life cycle because despite the console selling like gangbusters all the soccer moms who only bought it for wii fit weren't bringing in any profit. But by all mean continue living in fantasyland and thinking that nintendo is as profitable as Sony and MS.

The reason why customer service is crucial is because repeat business and word of mouth advertising is irreplacable. Looks like that is a lesson Ninteno will have to learn the hard way... AGAIN.

And for clarity I personally don't care about hardware being underpowered I care about them continuing to deny or address joycon drift despite being sued numerous times and it affecting millions of people, I also care about them charging $20 a year for a service that offers absolutely nothing, and their continued backward ass thinking when it comes to content creation.

4 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Ohhh you're right i forgot nintendo gets paid by the hour! My bad! Oh wait they don't, and if somebody puts 10,000 hours into AC nintendo still only makes $60.

Attach rate is the most important thing and its why the wii started to sputter and die near the end of its life cycle because despite the console selling like gangbusters all the soccer moms who only bought it for wii fit weren't bringing in any profit. But by all mean continue living in fantasyland and thinking that nintendo is as profitable as Sony and MS.

The reason why customer service is crucial is because repeat business and word of mouth advertising is irreplacable. Looks like that is a lesson Ninteno will have to learn the hard way... AGAIN.

And for clarity I personally don't care about hardware being underpowered I care about them continuing to deny or address joycon drift despite being sued numerous times and it affecting millions of people, I also care about them charging $20 a year for a service that offers absolutely nothing, and their continued backward ass thinking when it comes to content creation.

TF are you even talking about? Nintendo has to learn a hard lesson about customer service? Why is that exactly? The Wii, 3DS and Switch all sold staggering amounts of consoles. No one cares that Nintendo is the most anti consumer company. They have the reputation of selling the most affordable, most reliable consoles on the market. Hell they released a complete dud in the WiiU and then followed it up with the best selling console of all time lol. People will buy Nintendo no matter what. 

Hardcore gamers don’t matter to them. The people that buy Animal Crossing and Pokemon 100% do move the needle. You think “hardcore” gamers haven’t already been leaving Nintendo in droves over the last 15 years? And Nintendo has clearly had no problem replacing them and then some. So if you or people like you leave, they won’t care one bit. 

23 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

TF are you even talking about? Nintendo has to learn a hard lesson about customer service? Why is that exactly? The Wii, 3DS and Switch all sold staggering amounts of consoles. No one cares that Nintendo is the most anti consumer company. They have the reputation of selling the most affordable, most reliable consoles on the market. Hell they released a complete dud in the WiiU and then followed it up with the best selling console of all time lol. People will buy Nintendo no matter what. 

Hardcore gamers don’t matter to them. The people that buy Animal Crossing and Pokemon 100% do move the needle. You think “hardcore” gamers haven’t already been leaving Nintendo in droves over the last 15 years? And Nintendo has clearly had no problem replacing them and then some. So if you or people like you leave, they won’t care one bit. 

The Wii U is proof that you're dead wrong. Casual fans are fickle they have no loyalty and will leave at the drop of a hat, thats why having a core audience is important for sustained sucess.

You clearly don't understand why the Wii U was a "dud" as you call it (hint: it had very liitle to do with the hardware)

53 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

The Wii U is proof that you're dead wrong. Casual fans are fickle they have no loyalty and will leave at the drop of a hat, thats why having a core audience is important for sustained sucess.

Yet the Switch illustrates that their core audience is growing larger.  Most of their tentpole properties are selling at a faster rate than they ever have.  Even their niche hardcore properties are booming relative to the past.

It's very odd to make their core audience leaving a sticking point now.  Generally speaking, they're not leaving Nintendo.  They're rallying for them.

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

This was true maybe 10+ years ago when casuals ushered them through the DS/Wii era, but I think the Wii fizzling out at the end of its life and Nintendo's complete misread of the market with the Wii U changed their tune completely. Hell, it took a grass roots effort just to get Nintendo to do a limited release of Xenoblade Chronicles in 2010 so the core Wii players could play it, and look where we are now. XC2 was a big hit, and they completely remade XC1 to great success. The Switch was a huge move in courting all kinds of gamers again and there's no way they abandon their core audience again.

2 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

You clearly don't understand why the Wii U was a "dud" as you call it (hint: it had very liitle to do with the hardware)

Reading comprehension for the loss. I wasn’t saying they’ve got the casual market on lock no matter what. But the hardcore market doesn’t prop up Nintendo either. Did they prop up the Wii U? And the Wii U was 100% a dud. Not sure why you put quotes around that. It was lesson in marketing mistakes and they underestimated soccer moms desire to upgrade the only console they’d ever bought before. 

Have they won some of their hardcore crowd back? Of course. That’s why the Switch is outpacing the Wii. But if middle aged neck beards stop buying the switch for whatever reason, it’ll still put up monster numbers because of how popular it is with kids and casuals. 

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The majority of gamers either don't know about Nintendo's anti-consumer practices, or don't care. This applies to a lot of other companies and their shitty practices. It's why Battlefront 2 still sold a lot even after the lootbox controversy, 

8 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

UMMM....

72703_34_2019s-top-earning-video-game-co