Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

How does your mind even go here? You even mentioned during the VP announcement how he could step down before his first term ends and let Kamala take over like they do in parliamentary politics.

Because Trump is crazy and could easily say something like "If you win, you'll be out so fast. So fast, no one will have seen anything like it. Impeached. Removed. And if the Congress won't do it, well (smirks), there are people who will! Am I right? (cheers)."

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Because Trump is crazy and could easily say something like "If you win, you'll be out so fast. So fast, no one will have seen anything like it. Impeached. Removed. And if the Congress won't do it, well (smirks), there are people who will! Am I right? (cheers)."

Stop, I’m begging you.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Joe said:

Trump is going to go after Biden in the first debate by saying he won't finish his first term. The Biden Team better be prepared for that.

Pretty easy to say "I will serve my full term" and if he resigns it'll be because of health or whatever. 

I don't think this, the lifelong goal of Biden, is something he's just going to want to give up halfway through unless he really can't handle it. But but all indications he is able to, even if he isn't as sharp as he once was

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Pretty easy to say "I will serve my full term" and if he resigns it'll be because of health or whatever. 

I don't think this, the lifelong goal of Biden, is something he's just going to want to give up halfway through unless he really can't handle it. But but all indications he is able to, even if he isn't as sharp as he once was

This is my feeling as well. He's not setting out from the get-go not to finish his term, but I think he has that possibility in his mind if he can't push any further.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

How does your mind even go here? You even mentioned during the VP announcement how he could step down before his first term ends and let Kamala take over like they do in parliamentary politics.

Tbf remember when Trump was like "Hilary will destroy the country unless you 2A folks want to do something about it." Not exact words but it was a thing.

As long as Biden doesn't look addled on the stump or in the debates I think his age becomes less of an issue, if only because Trump's about as old as he is.  If he's not going to be up to the job of being president because he's 77, Trump's not going to be up to it either, since he's only three years younger.

It only becomes an issue if Trump can get everyone to forget this by exploiting a visual cognitive decline in Biden.

Otherwise I think people will shrug it off,  so long as Biden continues to look sharp. 

If Trump wins--which he's more than capable of doing--I think it will mostly be for reasons other than Biden's age, anyway.

3 hours ago, ort said:

Contrast that with the call from all the '20 Dem candidates that talked so fondly of Biden.

I am the last person to say that you should pick a president just because he's a "nice guy", but I think it does say something about you when everyone around you can't stand you, and Biden stands out as a contrast to that to show political opponent doesn't have to mean enemy.

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Contrast that with the call from all the '20 Dem candidates that talked so fondly of Biden.

I am the last person to say that you should pick a president just because he's a "nice guy", but I think it does say something about you when everyone around you can't stand you, and Biden stands out as a contrast to that to show political opponent doesn't have to mean enemy.

Bernie Sanders Hug GIF by GIPHY News

• Like 2

@Uaarkson @CitizenVectron @marioandsonic

So I've followed this for the last two months. This began in the wake of the Floyd protests when a local activist began a 24/7 occupation of "The Peoples' Plaza" outside the State Capitol. They were there for I think about 60 days, camping out and staying on site constantly. In that time, State Police have been deployed as a barrier between the protestors and the capitol building itself. Several times the police have harassed the camp site, seized property like tents and bottled water, charged people with vandalism for writing on the sidewalk and concrete walls with chalk, and so forth. There wasn't any violence, but the law was applied forcefully. Many of the protestors have been arrested multiple times for minor offenses, and are often released within a day or two due to the sentencing applied to what they were charged with. 

To give context, back during the original Black Lives Matter protests several years ago, protestors camped out on this same plaza. Tennessee then passed a law making "camping on state property outside of designated camping areas" illegal as a misdemeanor. A side effect of that is that homeless people sheltering under highway overpasses was criminalized.  

In response to the Peoples' Plaza occupation, the state legislature (controlled entirely by republicans) passed this law a week or so ago. And what the law actually does is references the original "no camping on state property" law and increases the sentence from a misdemeanor to a Class D felony. Class Ds in Tennessee result in the loss of voting rights. 

So The Hill's article/tweet DOES get to the heart of the matter in saying what the law was for and what the punishment was for the protestors the law targeted. The language of the law itself, however, is probably not likely to be overturned on constitutional grounds. 

My legislature is not democratic in any way. 

Oh, and our governor owns a plumbing company that's shit. His Covid leadership is fucking trash. 

Bill Lee is the worst governor since Dewitt Senter. 

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

I just read the whole article and that seems sarcastic and rhetorical. There's quite a bit of sarcasm in the article.

You know, regular folks such as the Pillow Man, a.k.a. MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, who recently surfaced to hawk the potentially toxic coronavirus “cure,” oleandrin. When you no longer trust Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s most revered infectious-disease expert, who else would you turn to, what with witch doctors in such short supply these days?

Finally, Trump recently reported conferring with God about the economy, mostly telling God what a great job he (Trump) had done, to which God allegedly replied, “now we’re going to have you do it again,” according to Trump’s retelling at a small Minnesota rally last week. I expect a deus ex machina of some sort, perhaps a papier-mâché replica of Trump himself, posing as Zeus hurling thunderbolts across the stage, or, perhaps, Plutus, the Greek god of wealth, tossing gold coins and plastic beads into the roaring crowd.

And that quote in the tweet is followed by the end of the article:

"Unless Trump pulls a covid-19 vaccine from his sleeve Thursday, I’m placing my bets on the goodness of the American people. My wager is that most would prefer a guy from Scranton, Pa., whose moral compass has been forged through suffering and humility, to a quack from Queens, whose moral compass is a wheel of fortune, where the needle always lands on Me."

16 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

You should still be able to vote, no matter the crime, even from jail, in every election. 

There's problems with that to be honest. Too easy to coerce votes with a population that is imprisoned... you could easily buy votes that way by making the inmates priviledges contingent on who they vote for, for example.

32 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I just read the whole article and that seems sarcastic and rhetorical. There's quite a bit of sarcasm in the article.

And that quote in the tweet is followed by the end of the article:

"Unless Trump pulls a covid-19 vaccine from his sleeve Thursday, I’m placing my bets on the goodness of the American people. My wager is that most would prefer a guy from Scranton, Pa., whose moral compass has been forged through suffering and humility, to a quack from Queens, whose moral compass is a wheel of fortune, where the needle always lands on Me."

You're right, that last part does sound sarcastic!

"Goodness of the American people" :lol:

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There's problems with that to be honest. Too easy to coerce votes with a population that is imprisoned... you could easily buy votes that way by making the inmates priviledges contingent on who they vote for, for example.

If they had more voting power they would have more power to report corruption. Better this possibility than the reality of prison gerrymandering. 

I just spoke to somebody I've known for a long time who hasn't voted in a presidential election since 08 and is a "Bernie would have won in 2016" guy.

He said even though he thinks he's gonna win, he's making it a point to vote Biden this year. He lives in Florida.

So +1 for Biden. And my mom became a citizen two years ago, so +2. That should sway things, I think.

20 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I just spoke to somebody I've known for a long time who hasn't voted in a presidential election since 08 and is a "Bernie would have won in 2016" guy.

He said even though he thinks he's gonna win, he's making it a point to vote Biden this year. He lives in Florida.

So +1 for Biden. And my mom became a citizen two years ago, so +2. That should sway things, I think.

Sorry loser but Trump is winning NY, lol, the saddest part is all the responses from people that think its possible or even likely, some are bots or trolls obviously but not all of them.