Roe v. Wade is dead

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Protesting an institution is fundamentally different than protesting at someone's personal residence.  Protesting someone's house is pure intimidation, and in this case is illegal.

What's intimidating is for women to be protested trying to get an abortion, and for unelected judges confirmed by Senators representing a minority of America and nominated by conservatives most of America didn't want to infringe on that due to hyper-partisan, far-right ideologies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I need to quote myself here, because America has a weird obsession (fetish, even) with political compromise. Well, the Democrats do, at least (at high levels).

Side A: We want to kill all Black people, but are willing to compromise under the right conditions and simply keep people as slaves.

Side B: We will not compromise with people willing to have slaves, or kill people

Media/Political Class: Hmm, sounds like one side is willing to compromise and be rational, and the other isn't!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Protesting an institution is fundamentally different than protesting at someone's personal residence.  Protesting someone's house is pure intimidation, and in this case is illegal.

I'll bite. What makes a supreme court justice more special than every police chief, senator, mayor, governor, representative, school board official, HOA board member, or business owner that has dealt with protestors outside their own homes? Protests that have always been considered constitutionally protected as long as they're on public land?

• True 3

20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Hell, the intimidation of public officials is essentially the founding mythos of the United States of America!

Not making public officials quake in their shoes for fear of their lives is downright un-American!

And neither are straight up assassinations, bombings, armed insurrection and (state sponsored or otherwise) terrorism.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'll bite. What makes a supreme court justice more special than every police chief, senator, mayor, governor, representative, school board official, HOA board member, or business owner that has dealt with protestors outside their own homes? Protests that have always been considered constitutionally protected as long as they're on public land?

Scotus has also held that the westboro baptist church can protest the funerals of dead soldiers under the first amendment. 

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

It amusing the people outraged about protests outside Justice's homes are the same crowd that wear 1776 shirts.

To them leftwing viewpoints and governance are inherently illegitimate.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

If the judges didn’t want their houses protested, they shouldn’t live in nice houses. You can’t protest outside apartments!

You would think that but Toronto has proven otherwise. The mayor lives in a Condo and had frequent protest outside his building during covid lockdowns.

• True 1

20 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

Did Schumer’s balls re-emerge from his body after 60 years?

Fun Fact: Chuck Schumer visited my project last month and he does indeed talk just like that. Also, he loses his glasses more often than is reasonable, but its charming. 

On 5/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I'm a liberal -- I know you'll disagree with 90% of what I'll say.

:)

barry_stanley.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

The Liberals have fired a second candidate in two days after the Star revealed the party’s standard-bearer in Parry Sound-Muskoka claimed — without evidence — that homosexuality is caused by infants “rebreathing” their own air shortly after birth.

• Confused 1