This thread is now about byemebluray and IGN

I met ByWatterson, VitalSign, and Jon in real life.

As in, I haven't met any of you fucking liberals yet. :| 

Well, I guess ByWatterson is now and VitalSign turned Democratic, but I haven't just met someone who I can circle jerk with in the moment.

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I remember the Jaffa Cakes craze. I remember bloo-toof dying. I remember the underground boards. I remember talking to someone on the GameCube underground who worked at Factor 5, running into Factor 5 employees at E3, mentioning the GameCube Underground to them, then getting yelled at in IRC because the person I talked to on the show floor was a poster on the GameCube underground and got pissed that I mentioned it IRL. I remember Paladin69 “spoiling” Wind Waker by posting pics that had Ganon in them. I remember the megaton panic. I remember Ravi drums.

I remember it all.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone mentions posting during the PS2/Xbox/GC days. Maybe just because it feels more nostalgic than last gen.

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

wtf, I don't remember Keyser on that board.

I just remember liking the discourse a lot better on the DVDGB but feeling like there was more elitism, and the Sniperbole was real (for those who don't know, a user SniperPuppies would use hyperbole so much that a new word was coined). But on the Movies Lobby, it just turned into a cesspool of alt accounts and trolling where people just disliked popular stuff as if they were on some low-grade contrarian Youtube Channel.

Also, the DVDGB had the epic @Derek/Shappy vs. Sexy_Allen debate.

Did you know that SniperPuppies ended up working as a writer/director in LA? Nothing huge, he did a couple of Hulu shows (Rocket Jump: The Show, and Dimension 404) and a self distributed YouTube show called Video Game High School. Kinda amusing that he was soooo ridiculous in his hyperbole and elitism and ended up gaining some notoriety for basically a Disney Channel show.

One of my favorite discussions where the Sniperbole really got rolling was when TDK came out and he just took a dump all over the movie and said something along the lines of “It’s such a terrible movie, like when Gordon just randomly walks out of an alley right in time to arrest the Joker” and me and others were like “Bruh, he was in the transport van...if anything Nolan made it tooooo obvious Gordon was in the van and you completely missed it :lol:

Not an IGN story, but @thychicame to my restaurant once and asked for me about 5 years ago. When he asked for "Jose", my cousin, the GM at the time who is also a Jose, was like "that's me". He then said "bartender Jose" and my cousin told him I was in Mexico. I was in Mexico for the first time in my life meeting my future wife's family.

With how many times I've been to Anime Boston and PAX East over the years, knowing that folks from here and IGN were also there, I'm shocked I haven't run into anyone in real life. That's especially true with Anime Boston since I was pretty heavy poster on the ACB and my tag at Anime Boston has always read Ghost_MH.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Did you know that SniperPuppies ended up working as a writer/director in LA? Nothing huge, he did a couple of Hulu shows (Rocket Jump: The Show, and Dimension 404) and a self distributed YouTube show called Video Game High School. Kinda amusing that he was soooo ridiculous in his hyperbole and elitism and ended up gaining some notoriety for basically a Disney Channel show.

One of my favorite discussions where the Sniperbole really got rolling was when TDK came out and he just took a dump all over the movie and said something along the lines of “It’s such a terrible movie, like when Gordon just randomly walks out of an alley right in time to arrest the Joker” and me and others were like “Bruh, he was in the transport van...if anything Nolan made it tooooo obvious Gordon was in the van and you completely missed it :lol:

I FUCKING REMEMBER THAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HIS ISSUE WAS

How the hell you gonna be some self-proclaimed film buff and not realize that? I didn't realize it was Gordon at first, but it made sense once he took off the mask. And I miss all movie clues: it seems like everyone saw the Sixth Sense twist coming but me. So no excuses.

I think he also said the Hong Kong scene was pointless, but I saw it as illustrating Joker's point that Batman has no jurisdiction, which forced the mob to enlist Joker.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

With how many times I've been to Anime Boston and PAX East over the years, knowing that folks from here and IGN were also there, I'm shocked I haven't run into anyone in real life. That's especially true with Anime Boston since I was pretty heavy poster on the ACB and my tag at Anime Boston has always read Ghost_MH.

Did you ever meet MV01? He was a Boston guy and I met him. :o

19 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The movies podcast I hosted was with him.  He rarely posts more than sporadically though, more of a Twitter guy now I think. 

Didn’t you end up on an episode of RBR Weekly Wrestling Talk back when it started (Formerly Rocketbusta Radio)?

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Man, I remember that sniperpuppies debate. What a mess.

Didn’t Rothwyn come over here too?

I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen @SirRothwyn post here since the boards crashed a couple of years ago. Before I would see him, but I think when the boards crashed, and nobody could get on, and Wade had to reset everything, and get our e-mails to recover our accounts, he might not have known anything going on in attempts to restore things (he's not on the Discord server), kept seeing the boards were down, so gave up and moved on.

Does anyone have his e-mail or on other accounts that could reach out to him? Perhaps he did just decide to not post here anymore, regardless of the crash, but it's a shame not to see him around anymore since I anyways enjoyed reading his takes on movies. 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

I could be mistaken, but I haven't seen @SirRothwyn post here since the boards crashed a couple of years ago. Before I would see him, but I think when the boards crashed, and nobody could get on, and Wade had to reset everything, and get our e-mails to recover our accounts, he might not have known anything going on in attempts to restore things (he's not on the Discord server), kept seeing the boards were down, so gave up and moved on.

Does anyone have his e-mail or on other accounts that could reach out to him? Perhaps he did just decide to not post here anymore, regardless of the crash, but it's a shame not to see him around anymore since I anyways enjoyed reading his takes on movies. 

SirRothwyn? We have an email address on file, I can't remember if @Emperor Diocletian II ever blasted out an email to everyone with a user account we salvaged letting them know what was up.

So I think the CEB was actually created as a board in 2001 but I just had an idea. Since we're around the 20th anniversary of the CEB, and coming close to 10 years on D1P next year, we need to have some kind of 20 year reunion zoom chat. Can we do that with all of us on our phones or something? Like we need to plan like an hour one day, and we all get on and have a little virtual party. 

Then we can do one for all of D1P for it's 10 year anniversary next December. 

I say we do it. We'll never be able to all meet up in person so let's do the next best thing and at least all meet up on a discord chat or preferrably some kind of video chat so we can all see each others beautiful faces. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Didn’t you end up on an episode of RBR Weekly Wrestling Talk back when it started (Formerly Rocketbusta Radio)?

Yeah as I recall I was on the technical first episode but the recording was dumped. Basically fifth beatle'd it. I think i was also on, like, the fourth episode too. 

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

So I think the CEB was actually created as a board in 2001 but I just had an idea. Since we're around the 20th anniversary of the CEB, and coming close to 10 years on D1P next year, we need to have some kind of 20 year reunion zoom chat. Can we do that with all of us on our phones or something? Like we need to plan like an hour one day, and we all get on and have a little virtual party. 

Then we can do one for all of D1P for it's 10 year anniversary next December. 

I say we do it. We'll never be able to all meet up in person so let's do the next best thing and at least all meet up on a discord chat or preferrably some kind of video chat so we can all see each others beautiful faces. 

I support this. I've attended multi-party Zoom chats before. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

He's just blcagnew on the twitster. 

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

The only person I've met from the boards was @Emperor Diocletian II in DC years ago (10-ish?). I think we went out and got a drink or dinner and had a lovely chat.

I know @osxmatt lives in Oregon (Portland?) where I am, so maybe we should say hi at our next super organized weekly Antifa meeting. :daydream:

I do! I’ve been able to stay away from downtown the past few months, but I have participated at a few different low key rallies in North Portland.