Mass Effect Trilogy HD Remake appears to be incoming

SimpleG

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hope ME2 and ME3 go back to unlimited ammo and over heating, so I can then get the Heat Sink X weapon attachment and get infinite ammo again.  I also hope they change the ending of ME3.

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't get your hopes up!

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I hope ME2 and ME3 go back to unlimited ammo and over heating, so I can then get the Heat Sink X weapon attachment and get infinite ammo again.  I also hope they change the ending of ME3.

I agree with this.

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I hope Mass Effect remains unchanged and doesn’t adopt the battle system in 2 and 3. 

Also this.

I feel a bit conflicted with this as I really enjoyed the whole series (including three) but I very much enjoyed them when they were released. With the changes in open world gaming, cover shooting, squad mechanics etc...will the games actually feel worth playing except for that warm, nostalgia feeling that comes from replaying something for the first time in years. 

It'd be great if they priced it at $40. I have a feeling it'll be $60 - I mean, of course it'll be $60. But for some reason 40 I'm in day 1, 60 I'll wait for a sale. 

I would like to replay these all though. I enjoyed the hell out of all three, but I feel like I didn't really appreciate what I was playing enough. 

I was just thinking about the ME1 elevators. My hope is that they correct them so that the one on the Normandy is all but eliminated, but just moving much faster since it can load much faster. And the ones in the citadel give an option to “skip” as sometimes it is nice to hear the banter and announcements. And other times you just want to get to the next area. 

45 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I was just thinking about the ME1 elevators. My hope is that they correct them so that the one on the Normandy is all but eliminated, but just moving much faster since it can load much faster. And the ones in the citadel give an option to “skip” as sometimes it is nice to hear the banter and announcements. And other times you just want to get to the next area. 

With the elevators cut out... ME1 is going to be a much shorter game!

On 5/7/2020 at 1:45 AM, gamer.tv said:

I feel a bit conflicted with this as I really enjoyed the whole series (including three) but I very much enjoyed them when they were released. With the changes in open world gaming, cover shooting, squad mechanics etc...will the games actually feel worth playing except for that warm, nostalgia feeling that comes from replaying something for the first time in years. 

I'm about as big a ME nut as you can get.  I've played each one multiple dozens of times over the years, including on backwards compatibility on X-box One where the load times are awesome.

This trilogy was not developed in a straight line as it were.  They swung too much in each direction with each release in response to feedback.  From too much RPG and useless junk in ME1 to a VERY streamlined but more character focused ME2 to a really nice balance in ME3.

Each game is very different from each other that it ends up shaking out as a positive for me.  I play ME1 and it brings me back but by the time I'm near the end I'm starving to play ME2 as it's quite different.  The same thing happens from ME2 to ME3.  By the time I'm finished with ME3, I almost want to start ME1 over again.

At this point, these feeling have diminished quite a bit as I've played these too many times for any human being.  That being said, it's been quite a while so if they came out with this, I'd be a sucker an get it day 1. :P

4 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

They need to disassociate the galactic readiness with the multiplayer. That was bullshit.

They did. I’ve never played multiplayer and had no issues reaching the galactic readiness you need. 

Yeah I thought they had updated that due to the backlash. 

I do hope there’s at least a little bit of rebuilding so the games can take advantage of the newer hardware to improve performance event more. Prettier textures is nice, but it’s gonna be annoying if they still pop in all the time. And loading these days should be pretty instantaneous. Especially in PS5 and SeX

I know we all hate Andromeda, but I think Andromeda's one good point by far was its combat. It was genuinely good, unlike most of the rest of the game. I for one would not complain if they just replaced all the mediocre ass shooting in all 3 original titles (each mediocre in different ways) with the less mediocre combat of Andromeda.

I'm sure that would go over super well.

I liked Andromeda. It’s quirky animations were not enough to ruin the game for me. My biggest problems were not the controls, the quest structure, the side mission design, or any of that. It was in the work building. There didn’t feel to be nearly as much time and effort put into making Andromeda and the life within as they did building the history and technology of ME1. 

I did miss the ability to pull enemies over cover and assassinate them with my Omni Blade. 

My problem with Andromeda was that they wasted the potential of going to an entirely new galaxy to give us... two new humanoid races that easily communicate with us and live in normal cities like us and want to fuck us. It was so fucking pedestrian. How can a creative type take the freedom, the carte blanche to do ANYTHING with a new galaxy and make that fucking milquetoast garbage?! I'll take going as wild as possible and maybe missing the mark over playing it as safe as possible and nailing it. But they played it as safe as possible and missed the mark by goddamn mile!

4 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

No Quarians in Andromeda is damn near unforgivable.  That being said, I didn't hate the game and I finished it, but it has so much wasted potential.

I was really looking forward to the Quarian Arc DLC so we could see the other races. Such a shame the game was not better received. 

On 5/7/2020 at 6:05 AM, Dre801 said:

Not gonna lie, I've shit all over EA numerous times, but if they offer ME remaster,  they'll get my money.

I think they have after Andromeda fucked everything. Prior to its release EA was all "We want to focus on the future. Sure we have a lot of great games in our catalog but our focus is moving forward" 

I think if they ever wanted to do a Mass Effect 4 they'd have to give us faith in the franchise again. :silly: