How has the pandemic affected your gaming habit?

Chris-

Playing more or less, clearing your backlog, struggling to find a Switch, holding off on future purchases, and so on...In all of the different ways, how has the pandemic affected your gaming habit?

Personally, I've been playing a lot of Switch games. My girlfriend and I have collectively played probably 100 hours of Animal Crossing, and we spent the better part of this weekend playing couch co-op in Overcooked 2. I also just impulse bought Mario Kart 8, because I've had a hankering for some Mario Kart and she would play that as well. Eventually I might get to some of the PS4 games in my backlog like Jedi Fallen Order and FFXII, but we'll see.

I've been gaming like a fiend! I still have the following backlog after clearing Fallen Order, Metro Exodus, and latest Warframe content:

1.) Red Dead Redemption II

2.) Control 

3.) Doom Etertnal

4.) FF VII Remake (half way through!)

5.) Nioh II 

It's impacting my tabletop gaming most seriously.  My weekly D&D has moved online with no problem, but my regular board gaming nights with my pals are kinda of squashed for the time being. :/

As far as video games go I find myself with a lot more time since my regular outside social activities aren't happening.  So I've been playing a lot of Valorant and doing some backlog clearing; Demon's Souls, replaying FFVI, picked up FF7R.  Also a shitload of Animal Crossing,

I've been playing a lot more in the past two weeks, than I think I did in the past 6 months. So far, I've finished off Resident Evil 2, What Remains of Edith Finch and I'm now on the back straight of Death Stranding and my tolerance to actually sit down and play is much higher, so I should really make the most of this as I'm four months away from having no time at all. 

In the beginning of the NJ lockdown, my gaming was up, but it is slowing down dramatically. Work has started to bleed into my off hours to the point that I open my work laptop 7 days a week. It’s a combination of lower productivity due to not having a home office and the company talking about layoffs which makes you feel the need to work more to justify your job. 

• Thanks 1

My work schedule also hasn’t changed.  Actually it’s increased slightly due to some digital requests I’m getting in light of everything. 

But I play a bit more now because there’s less of an excuse to go outside.  We just got a masks required order.  So I can’t go outside unless I have one of my clean and rewashed reusables ready to go.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:36 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I've been gaming like a fiend! I still have the following backlog after clearing Fallen Order, Metro Exodus, and latest Warframe content:

1.) Red Dead Redemption II

2.) Control 

3.) Doom Etertnal

4.) FF VII Remake (half way through!)

5.) Nioh II 

Have they released that massive update for Warframe yet? 

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Have they released that massive update for Warframe yet? 

Drips and drabs, but "operation scarlet spear" is out so you can now build your own space dock, build your own space ship, upgrade it, fight a new faction of aliens, etc.