PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

So watching that video All I wanted to know and confirmed no back buttons. I got a pro year after it was out and It seems I got a launch Pro Model so I imagine the fans will kick on. I know it can have frustrating HDCP handshaking issues at times like waking form Sleep.

I like the box design the black and white will be clear on my shelf to them them apart

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

They literally did a video about a controller.

C'mon Microsoft. Keep holding out on that price and release date, I wanna see what else Sony is gonna pull out of their ass to bide the time.

Maybe a five minute video talking about the boot-up screen?

I don't know whether this game of "chicken" that both companies are playing with each other in regard to price is hilariously stupid or stupidly hilarious.

52 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I don't know whether this game of "chicken" that both companies are playing with each other in regard to price is hilariously stupid or stupidly hilarious.

It's both.. What I find hilarious is that MS knows Sony is waiting for them to announce their price before they show their own hand.. meanwhile MS is over there like :whistlin:

35 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Microsoft should just announce $600 so Sony can be like “oh snaps $550” and Microsoft can be like “gotcha $500” and Sony can be like “jk $500” so we can be done with it 

What I would really love to see is MS announce the Series X price, with a '*' next to it. (price subject to change)

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Are some of you guys sitting right next to your system when playing? I never once noticed the fan on my Pro while playing TLOU. 

Guess I’ll try to listen for it when I start Ghosts of Tsushima later tonight. 

Mine sits less then a foot away from me, I didnt hear it  when I played TLOU2 and I havent heard it when playing GOT. BF1 caused it to go Chernobyl .

7 hours ago, Rodimus said:

So watching that video All I wanted to know and confirmed no back buttons. I got a pro year after it was out and It seems I got a launch Pro Model so I imagine the fans will kick on. I know it can have frustrating HDCP handshaking issues at times like waking form Sleep.

I like the box design the black and white will be clear on my shelf to them them apart

Yeah I can't believe it took this long to confirm no back buttons.  I haven't kept up with every piece of PS5 media, but it always seemed like that rear side of the controller was out of view just enough that you couldn't tell. I thought they were going to have an announcement where they turn the controller around completely and be like "annnnnnd look at these buttons!". 

8 hours ago, Rick2101 said:

So, the controller has a speaker. I hope it’s not too important. I’m planning on buying that 3D headphones to experience their 3D audio... 

I always enjoyed the speaker functionality in the dual shock 4 to be honest. Like hearing radio calls and stuff. Was a nifty little feature.

I know it can have frustrating HDCP handshaking issues at times like waking form Sleep.

Yes this is a VERY annoying issue and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed with a patch yet. It's especially annoying when you have your HDMI going through Switcher or splitter.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I always enjoyed the speaker functionality in the dual shock 4 to be honest. Like hearing radio calls and stuff. Was a nifty little feature.

Speaker function was/is nice to have for that; I dig it a lot. The Platinum headset sounds pretty damn sweet if @Rick2101 is looking for that 3D audio. I'm using it for Ghost of Tsushima currently.

• 2 weeks later...

PlayStation 5 feature which lets you load specific parts of a game detailed

PlayStation 5 has a planned feature which lets you load a specific mode or mission within a game directly from your console's home screen, and today we've heard a little more about it.

A now-offline Gamereactor article named the feature as Activities, and said it would act like a deeplink to specific sections of a game.

I've been excited about the concept of this since the Wii U's initial pitch.  Check notification on controller for game update, hop right in.  That was the dream that never quite materialized.

With SSDs leading to near instant loading, I could see a lot more developers building short daily challenges into their games.  It's the good part of GaaS I can't wait to see explored further.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, gamer.tv said:

I’m getting close to wrapping film around my PS4 and only having a small gap for our hoover to create a vacuum, then just see if it will clear all the debris inside it. The only concern naturally is it totally fucks it up but Jesus when playing TLoU2, we have to have the TV about 10 bloops higher

I’m not saying anyone should do this but it worked really well.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's quieter now? I swear mine is just too fucking loud right now.

Yep. I’m guessing it managed to pull out a fair bit of dust (obviously not the same as opening it up) but I’ll give it another go this week to keep it as dust free as possible. The only downside is the noise it makes when pulling on the cling film is horrific.

Just for parity's sake with the same list in the Xbox Series X thread, here's the current list of what all of Sony's first party studios are up to, for those who want to keep it straight:

-SIE Japan Studio: Astro's Playroom

-Polyphony Digital: Gran Turismo 7

-Guerilla Games: Horizon Forbidden West

-Insomniac Games: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales; Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

-SIE San Diego Studio: MLB The Show '21

-SIE Santa Monica Studio: God of War 2 (most likely)

-Clap Hanz: Everybody's Golf 2 (most likely)

-Bluepoint Games: Demon's Souls remake (not a first party studio but still kind of counts)

-Housemarque: Returnal (not a first party studio but still kind of counts)

-Sucker Punch: just released Ghost of Tsushima (July 2020)

-Naughty Dog: just released The Last of Us Part II (June 2020)

-Media Molecule: just released Dreams (February 2020)

-Pixelopus: just released Concrete Genie (October 2019)

-SIE London Studio: just released Blood & Truth VR (May 2019)

-SIE Bend Studio: just released Days Gone (April 2019)

And there you have it. Bolded studios are ones who we don't know what they're working on yet (if anything). I'm most definitely interested in Horizon Forbidden West, God of War 2, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and the Demon's Souls remake. Depending on reviews, I'd also be very into Returnal. But with six studios with no currently announced games, there's still a lot to hear from. I'm sure others are excited for Gran Turismo 7 (racing fans) and Everybody's Golf 2 (golfing fans) and for MLB The Show '21 (baseball fans) and Ratchet & Clank (for Ratchet & Clank fans). 

Does anybody have info on backwards comparability? I’ve got a lot of PS4 stuff I never got around to since I banished the PS4 pro into the kids room. Thinking I would pick the PS5 up for sure if I can play all my PS4 digital library there.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Just for parity's sake with the same list in the Xbox Series X thread, here's the current list of what all of Sony's first party studios are up to, for those who want to keep it straight:

-Insomniac Games: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales; Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

-Bluepoint Games: Demon's Souls remake (not a first party studio but also still kind of counts)

And there you have it. Bolded studios are ones who we don't know what they're working on yet (if anything). I'm most definitely interested in Horizon Forbidden West, God of War 2, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and the Demon's Souls remake. Depending on reviews, I'd also be very into Returnal. But with six studios with no currently announced games, there's still a lot to hear from. I'm sure others are excited for Gran Turismo 7 (racing fans) and Everybody's Golf 2 (golfing fans) and for MLB The Show '21 (baseball fans) and Ratchet & Clank (for Ratchet & Clank fans). 

R&C, Horizon, Miles Morales, DS remake, and now rumor is out there that GoW2 will be released holiday 2021, though I don’t have my hopes up for that. 3 1/2 years seems a bit short for the development. That would be a really interesting first year of launch. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

R&C, Horizon, Miles Morales, DS remake, and now rumor is out there that GoW2 will be released holiday 2021, though I don’t have my hopes up for that. 3 1/2 years seems a bit short for the development. That would be a really interesting first year of launch. 

SIE Santa Monica Studio typically releases a full game every 3-4 years on average, so we could theoretically expect God of War 2 between April 2021 and April 2022. The only reasons I see Fall/Winter 2021 not happening is due to delays thanks to Covid-19 and the generational leap to the PS5. But in theory, according to their past track record of releases, they should be able to do it.

42 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

SIE Santa Monica Studio typically releases a full game every 3-4 years on average, so we could theoretically expect God of War 2 between April 2021 and April 2022. The only reasons I see Fall/Winter 2021 not happening is due to delays thanks to Covid-19 and the generational leap to the PS5. But in theory, according to their past track record of releases, they should be able to do it.

I’m good with April’22

another rumor is a shorter adventure by a secondary team with upgraded ps4 assets to gap a long wait for a very big Gow2, but these are internet rumor, so it could be absolute BS.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Does anybody have info on backwards comparability? I’ve got a lot of PS4 stuff I never got around to since I banished the PS4 pro into the kids room. Thinking I would pick the PS5 up for sure if I can play all my PS4 digital library there.

I believe they’ve said ‘most’ PS4 games will be backwards compatible. I’m sure anything that’s first party will be 

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

11 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I believe they’ve said ‘most’ PS4 games will be backwards compatible. I’m sure anything that’s first party will be 

@Chris- is correct - Sony has been a bit "cagey" about the full extent of their backwards compatibility.

17 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

-Bluepoint Games: Demon's Souls remake (not a first party studio but still kind of counts)

Don't forget the worst-kept-secret being a new San Diego studio.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bluepoint/Housemarque join the fold considering their success with Sony, but it may be dependent on how Demon's Souls and Returnal do. I am seriously thrilled that the then-rumored Demon's Souls Remake is actually what they were working on. Then again, Jason Schreier came out and said that it was happening.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Don't forget the worst-kept-secret being a new San Diego studio.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bluepoint/Housemarque join the fold considering their success with Sony, but it may be dependent on how Demon's Souls and Returnal do. I am seriously thrilled that the then-rumored Demon's Souls Remake is actually what they were working on. Then again, Jason Schreier came out and said that it was happening.

I hadn't heard that - definitely interested in seeing this new studio open up. 

I also think they will join the fold - I've always been surprised they didn't in the past (similar to Insomniac). I am also similarly thrilled!

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, I have $65 in Best Buy gift cards. I may get Move controllers and buy Blood & Truth for VR.

As a huge fan of the original two Getaway games (from 2002 and 2004), I say do it! I haven't played it because I don't have VR (yet) but I've heard good things about the game. I've waited for SIE London Studio to make a sequel (or spiritual sequel, in this case) ever since and we finally got one. That it's the best reviewed of the three games makes it even more enticing.

As much as I love God of War, I do wish SIE San Diego Studio would go back to The Mark of Kri - I really liked that game. I know a different company made a sequel, Rise of the Kasai, but it was a good bit worse since it wasn't made by SIE San Diego. At least we got Blood & Truth.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I hadn't heard that - definitely interested in seeing this new studio open up. 

I also think they will join the fold - I've always been surprised they didn't in the past (similar to Insomniac). I am also similarly thrilled!

As a huge fan of the original two Getaway games (from 2002 and 2004), I say do it! I haven't played it because I don't have VR (yet) but I've heard good things about the game. I've waited for SIE London Studio to make a sequel (or spiritual sequel, in this case) ever since and we finally got one. That it's the best reviewed of the three games makes it even more enticing.

As much as I love God of War, I do wish SIE San Diego Studio would go back to The Mark of Kri - I really liked that game. I know a different company made a sequel, Rise of the Kasai, but it was a good bit worse since it wasn't made by SIE San Diego. At least we got Blood & Truth.

Its gonna be a long, long time before that team works on anything but GoW. Barlog has said multiple times he envisions a 5 part story, which would be cool if they stay around the same length. I’d like to see them not go overboard and tell a larger overall story made of multiple more personal, mid-length stories.