PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Maybe it's been said before, but do we know roughly how much more powerful the PS5 is to the PS4/Pro? If I'm not mistaken the PS4 was about 10 times more powerful than the PS3, right? 

The GPU is a little more than 2x the Pro, not counting architectural improvements, the CPU is something like 4x.

8 hours ago, jaethos said:

The GPU is a little more than 2x the Pro, not counting architectural improvements, the CPU is something like 4x.

I have no idea as to what percentage “more powerful” the PS5 is over the PS4 Pro, but, I just want to mention that the big thing is the CPU improvement. This current gen of consoles was basically choked from the start by using such a low-end CPU. I think we’re going to see some huge advancements this coming gen solely due to the CPU, let alone the use of SSDs and better GPUs.

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know ur post was sarcasm and a jab.

My post was gonna be a playful jab at PS4s launch lineup but deleted most of it .

PS4 had a launch line-up? I thought it was just PS3 ports, indie titles, and a mediocre Kill Zone game?

:troll: 

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know ur post was sarcasm and a jab.

My post was gonna be a playful jab at PS4s launch lineup but deleted most of it .

When you take that swing you gotta follow through!

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

PS4 had a launch line-up? I thought it was just PS3 ports, indie titles, and a mediocre Kill Zone game?

:troll: 

See like this! :p

Hey hey hey.

Resogun was baller. I can't remember how many hours I spent on it, including the DLC. It's a terrific game. And it impressed me more visually since it ran at a smooth 60fps and the particle effects were out of this world at the time than something like Killzone or Assassin's Creed.

XBO/PS4 had roughly the same lineup, plus their first party games, and it was more diverse than the PS3's launch imo. 

These events are also supposed to showcase the breadth of what you can play, not just the best graphics. I go back to David Jaffe who had plenty of experience starting big franchises but isn't big on AAA games now. He prefers an indie VR experience where the enemy is right at your face or a zanier indie experience on a traditional controller. For someone like him, seeing these others games shows him what's beyond some of the new AAA games and many of the AAA sequels.

When they announced the PS4, The Witness was the one I was most excited for. And during E3, they had a huge indie showcase. If they announced Dead Cells 2 at launch, I'd be excited. 

People complain when there's too many AAA games or when there are too many indies. Just get excited for what you like and enjoy the ride.

On 6/22/2020 at 11:12 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Its going to be more than a 20$ price difference. I think 50-70. Theres more money in digital gaming.

Ive been fed up with physical editions forever, though I did buy the first class edition for ff7r this year, but thats because I like FF7 memorabilia, not because I wanted the disc. Otherwise, I haven’t bought a physical disk that wasnt part of a collectors edition in 5-6 years, and much longer on pc.  Leaving out retro gaming, because retro is absolutely a different, better experience on original hardware in a great many cases. 

32 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've never even noticed the fan on my Pro while playing the game, lol.

I feel like the Pro must be hit or miss with its cooling fans. Mine is quiet as well but I constantly see memes and people complaining that it’s super loud.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I feel like the Pro must be hit or miss with its cooling fans. Mine is quiet as well but I constantly see memes and people complaining that it’s super loud.

Playing BF causes mine to sound like a blow dryer , playing TLOU2 and its dead quiet.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Seems like it got louder with one or two games, I’m thinking possibly Days Gone? I don’t play it regularly enough to notice, really. 

I’ll try to listen more closely when I play the game next time, but either it’s just been fairly quiet or I’m just more focused on the game and it drowns out the fan anyway.