Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

TwinIon

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters was pretty bad, even for a kaiju movie. And I'm surprised people like Hook or National Treasure (among many others listed here), but I guess that's the point of this thread. :p 

I said it before and I'll say it again: Only Godzilla's own excrement could possibly be as big a piece of shit as that movie.

But I disagree about Hook and NT :P

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters was pretty bad, even for a kaiju movie. And I'm surprised people like Hook or National Treasure (among many others listed here), but I guess that's the point of this thread. :p 

43 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I said it before and I'll say it again: Only Godzilla's own excrement could possibly be as big a piece of shit as that movie.

But I disagree about Hook and NT :P

May both of your testicles get caught in your zippers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Dark Tower - 16% Tomato

I know nothing of the books or of the universe that King drew from to create this franchise, so I had no reason to hate what I saw on screen. And if this movie only pulled a small fraction of what the novels were trying to tell, then this movie at least made me excited to see the books properly recreated on screen one day.

Godzilla KOTM was one of the worst movies of 2019. How does a movie with so many monsters end up being so boring? That’s one reason why it fucking sucks. I don’t care if Ghidorah is badass looking if everything else sucks. I hope King Kong beats godzilla’s boring fuckin ass. 

8 hours ago, johnny said:

Godzilla KOTM was one of the worst movies of 2019. How does a movie with so many monsters end up being so boring? That’s one reason why it fucking sucks. I don’t care if Ghidorah is badass looking if everything else sucks. I hope King Kong beats godzilla’s boring fuckin ass. 

Yeah, that was my issue with it as well. It was strangely boring and inert as a film despite there being a lot to potentially like in the film.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 2:28 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Death to Smoochy! 

I love it for its robust stupidity, though I'm thinking they could not have made this movie these days.

RT 46%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/death_to_smoochy

Death to Smoochy is fucking funny, never knew it was rated so low. That scene where he bursts in on the Nazi rally is amazing.

- Detective Pikachu as of now is the second best video game movie

- Space Jam remains a classic, despite what critics thought at the time

- It was always funny, but Billy Madison continues to get even funnier over time for some reason.  Not bad for a film with a 40% tomatometer rating 

11 hours ago, heydude93 said:

- Detective Pikachu as of now is the second best video game movie

- Space Jam remains a classic, despite what critics thought at the time

- It was always funny, but Billy Madison continues to get even funnier over time for some reason.  Not bad for a film with a 40% tomatometer rating 

Correction, Detective Pikachu is the best videogame movie of all time. Mostly, because it's perfectly happy with being based on a videogame franchise. That's also not an unpopular opinion, the movie has a 69% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm putting this under "close enough" but I genuinely enjoyed Oblivion (2013) sitting at 53%

I enjoyed the concept of the movie and it's another one of those movies heightened by the soundtrack (like aforementioned The Fountain but The Fountain is better)

It's pretty much hated by critics and even most of the users on this board including @Greatoneshere who said "Directed by Kosinski who only directed Tron: Legacy and that movie sucked dick and written by Arndt who didn't even want to attach his real name to it despite having written Little Miss Sunshine but originally written by the guy who did Sin City: A Dame to Kill For which was terrible" - He really didn't hold back on his comments. Jeez!

Pre 2000 movies I always fall back to is Last Action Hero (1993) which is at 36%

I saw this in theaters and don't think it ever deserved any of the hate it got. It's a pretty fun movie. Plus Bridgette Wilson <3

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm putting this under "close enough" but I genuinely enjoyed Oblivion (2013) sitting at 53%

I enjoyed the concept of the movie and it's another one of those movies heightened by the soundtrack (like aforementioned The Fountain but The Fountain is better)

It's pretty much hated by critics and even most of the users on this board including @Greatoneshere who said "Directed by Kosinski who only directed Tron: Legacy and that movie sucked dick and written by Arndt who didn't even want to attach his real name to it despite having written Little Miss Sunshine but originally written by the guy who did Sin City: A Dame to Kill For which was terrible" - He really didn't hold back on his comments. Jeez!

Pre 2000 movies I always fall back to is Last Action Hero (1993) which is at 36%

I saw this in theaters and don't think it ever deserved any of the hate it got. It's a pretty fun movie. Plus Bridgette Wilson <3

But I like Kosinski and I like Oblivion. :p 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Tron Legacy is a gajillion times the movie Oblivion was. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

My bad. Reading comprehension fail. 

@Greatoneshere Oblivion wishes it could be close to the greatness that was Tron Legacy. 

But I agree Tron: Legacy is way better than Oblivion . . . :p 

I don't remember the comment in question but I've been a big fan of Tron: Legacy for a long time now. I remember not liking it on my first viewing but subsequent viewings have changed my mind since.

• Like 1