~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

shapiroben071921.jpg
THEHILL.COM

Conservative pundit Ben Shapiro's media company, The Daily Wire, announced on Thursday that it had filed a lawsuit challenging the Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-11-16/challenge-to-bidens-employee-vaccine-mandate-sent-to-ohio-based-6th-circuit?context=amp

So due to the lottery and the 6th circuit winning the consolidation of all the cases, it is highly likely that Shapiro’s Daily Wire will be the named petitioner in the case as they were apparently the first in the 6th to file suit.

If so when this goes to SCOTUS and the mandate is invalidated by the court, it will be Daily Wire v OSHA with a Daily Wire win

@Kal-El814, how much do you hate this?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
shapiroben071921.jpg
THEHILL.COM

Conservative pundit Ben Shapiro's media company, The Daily Wire, announced on Thursday that it had filed a lawsuit challenging the Biden administration's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-11-16/challenge-to-bidens-employee-vaccine-mandate-sent-to-ohio-based-6th-circuit?context=amp

So due to the lottery and the 6th circuit winning the consolidation of all the cases, it is highly likely that Shapiro’s Daily Wire will be the named petitioner in the case as they were apparently the first in the 6th to file suit.

If so when this goes to SCOTUS and the mandate is invalidated by the court, it will be Daily Wire v OSHA with a Daily Wire win

@Kal-El814, how much do you hate this?

My rage could end our dependence on fossil fuels. 

• Haha 1

My city is the capital of the province, and most of the provincial ministries and crown corporations occupy the downtown office towers. Even as they were advising people to work from home if they could, they ordered all their employees back into the office because the downtown core was dying from a lack of people going to restaurants and shops on their lunch breaks. It was ridiculous. Yes, it does suck that many restaurants are dying. But at the same time...maybe people were spending too much money on restaurants to begin with. It's not the government's job to tell people where to spend their money and keep unneeded companies afloat.

image.jpg
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Health Canada has authorized the first COVID-19 vaccine for children, giving the regulatory green light to Pfizer-BioNTech's two-dose vaccine. Children ages five to 11 are now eligible to receive this vaccine, in a smaller dosage than has been offered to those ages 12 and above.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We really should redo the census given that something like a million+ Americans will have died of covid when all is said and done

I mean the fact that we know the last administration was intentionally fucking with the census seems like reason enough.

It wouldn't surprise me if the partisan split in cases & deaths in this coming wave is bigger than it's ever been, when you combine these news studies that the booster shot seems to bring your protection beyond what the first two shots gave you at start with the fact that conservative media seems more dug in than ever on "MANDATES ARE TYRANNY" shit. Also, I dunno about you guys, but my employer hasn't said a word about booster shots after they were actively trying to get everybody vaccinated as soon as possible during the spring.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the partisan split in cases & deaths in this coming wave is bigger than it's ever been, when you combine these news studies that the booster shot seems to bring your protection beyond what the first two shots gave you at start with the fact that conservative media seems more dug in than ever on "MANDATES ARE TYRANNY" shit. Also, I dunno about you guys, but my employer hasn't said a word about booster shots after they were actively trying to get everybody vaccinated as soon as possible during the spring.

Every subsequent wave from the time the vaccines were available going into the future is going to have more and more of a partisan split. That's going to be even more so the case with children 5 and up getting vaccinated and boosters going to all.

• True 1

I HIGHLY recommend this documentary series on the history of the battle against smallpox:

The most recent episode (#5) specifically focuses on the anti-vaccination movement in England in the late 1800s and you will undeniably hear the echoes of the modern movement - there really is nothing new under the sun.  What the episode does an excellent job of is tying that particular anti-vaccination movement to the underlying social, political, and economic context of that period.

Moral dilemma, I need advice from everyone here on the DayOnePatch COVID Counsel:

My friend (who is a pharmacist) is really mad that the hospital he works at is throwing away hundreds of doses because of lack of current demand. As such, he has offered to use a letter (quite illegally) to get me my booster ahead of schedule. Right now only 60+ in my province can get boosters, as well as people with extreme vulnerabilities (which the letter would state, in generic terms - it would not mention my name, it's a form letter). On the one hand, it would be jumping ahead of line, and would be breaking the rules. On the other...he is throwing boxes of doses away each week because my province is a shithole with only 70% full vaccination rate (80% eligible pop), and my wife is a vulnerable person due to her MS and MS treatment.

Would I be wrong to take his offer and get the booster? I received my second shot in early June, so my six month mark (when it's recommended by most people) is coming up in a few weeks.

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Moral dilemma, I need advice from everyone here on the DayOnePatch COVID Counsel:

My friend (who is a pharmacist) is really mad that the hospital he works at is throwing away hundreds of doses because of lack of current demand. As such, he has offered to use a letter (quite illegally) to get me my booster ahead of schedule. Right now only 60+ in my province can get boosters, as well as people with extreme vulnerabilities (which the letter would state, in generic terms - it would not mention my name, it's a form letter). On the one hand, it would be jumping ahead of line, and would be breaking the rules. On the other...he is throwing boxes of doses away each week because my province is a shithole with only 70% full vaccination rate (80% eligible pop), and my wife is a vulnerable person due to her MS and MS treatment.

Would I be wrong to take his offer and get the booster? I received my second shot in early June, so my six month mark (when it's recommended by most people) is coming up in a few weeks.

You 100% get that booster. 

• Thanks 1