~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

19 minutes ago, ort said:

So should I mix and match my booster? I haven't really been reading that much about this. I got Pfizer all the way back in March. I've had people tell me that I should definitely mix it up and people tell me the opposite.

Won’t be a huge difference either way. I stuck with Pfizer.

Jaw about hit the floor when I looked at the daily case numbers in my part of Michigan.  We're up to over 600 cases a day.  That's a staggering jump as we've been hanging around 200 daily cases for a lengthy amount of time.  Our hospital system moved to a red status, which it hasn't done since the beginning of the pandemic as they're at almost 400 covid patients.  At the rate it's exploding here, I'm expecting to hear news of mobile morgues being setup soon.  85% of the covid patients overall are unvaccinated and of those on life support, the unvaccinated make up 97% of the patients.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Jaw about hit the floor when I looked at the daily case numbers in my part of Michigan.  We're up to over 600 cases a day.  That's a staggering jump as we've been hanging around 200 daily cases for a lengthy amount of time.  Our hospital system moved to a red status, which it hasn't done since the beginning of the pandemic as they're at almost 400 covid patients.  At the rate it's exploding here, I'm expecting to hear news of mobile morgues being setup soon.  85% of the covid patients overall are unvaccinated and of those on life support, the unvaccinated make up 97% of the patients.

What's the new cases per million (or 100k, etc)?

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

Over 7500 new cases were reported in PA.  That's the most in one day since January.  Fuck.

24 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What's the new cases per million (or 100k, etc)?

77 cases per 100k with November 19th having 8,990 new cases.  That's up from a week ago in which we hit 7,939 cases  in a day.  This is the worst it has ever been in Michigan and it's still continuing to skyrocket upwards.  

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Moral dilemma, I need advice from everyone here on the DayOnePatch COVID Counsel:

My friend (who is a pharmacist) is really mad that the hospital he works at is throwing away hundreds of doses because of lack of current demand. As such, he has offered to use a letter (quite illegally) to get me my booster ahead of schedule. Right now only 60+ in my province can get boosters, as well as people with extreme vulnerabilities (which the letter would state, in generic terms - it would not mention my name, it's a form letter). On the one hand, it would be jumping ahead of line, and would be breaking the rules. On the other...he is throwing boxes of doses away each week because my province is a shithole with only 70% full vaccination rate (80% eligible pop), and my wife is a vulnerable person due to her MS and MS treatment.

Would I be wrong to take his offer and get the booster? I received my second shot in early June, so my six month mark (when it's recommended by most people) is coming up in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Dude. You gotta do it. 100%.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also to clarify, my wife already has three shots (one Pfizer, two Moderna). I have two Pfizer, and I don't know what this third one would be (but would be trying for Moderna!).

On top of the doses being thrown out your wife being high risk means it's important for you to be extra protected too. Makes me think of how early on it's kind of silly that people living with hospital workers etc weren't considered to be at as high risk as the hospital workers themselves.

Still have received my PCR test results back and am due back into work this morning. Took the test on Friday the 19th. Judging by our county's number and how we are informed about our flag indicators, it looks like the hospital is trying to game the system and stagger how they send in tests. Which is funny because the doctor's are told not to order tests unless they suspect a positive case. 

• Like 1

A few posts back I mentioned my wife's aunt got diagnosed with Covid and her husband ran out to get the shot right away, and that night he got a bad headache. Well now she just told my wife that she had to call an ambulance for her husband. Not sure of the specifics but he tested positive yesterday and now he's requesting an ambulance. Ambulance came and they said the hospital said there is an 8-10 hour wait and if you can stay home, just try to stay home. They took his vitals and deemed them acceptable so for now he's just sitting tight. He is early 60's and a smoker for all his life. He has had mild COPD for a few years now too. 

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Like, the Catholic Church wasn't exactly wrong to keep everything in Latin on the basis of the common man being too fucking stupid to interpret the bible for themselves.

I AGREE WITH THIS WHOLEHEARTEDLY!

THE PROTESTANT HERESY IS THE GREATEST TRAGEDY IN THE HISTORY OF HUMANITY!

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Like, the Catholic Church wasn't exactly wrong to keep everything in Latin on the basis of the common man being too fucking stupid to interpret the bible for themselves.

I’ve seen a bunch of Jewish people online refer to the New Testament as fan fiction, which is even funnier when it’s fan fiction that people can’t read.

EDIT - I got my Pfizer booster on Friday and spent a good amount of Saturday with chills and a fever, despite having no reaction to the initial 2 doses.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’ve seen a bunch of Jewish people online refer to the New Testament as fan fiction, which is even funnier when it’s fan fiction that people can’t read.

That's pretty amusing :lol:

What makes me chuckle is the side-eye that Jewish and Islamic religious scholars give to Christianity when it comes to its claims of "monotheism".

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

EDIT - I got my Pfizer booster on Friday and spent a good amount of Saturday with chills and a fever, despite having no reaction to the initial 2 doses.

I get mine at 4pm today. I would like to be productive tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's pretty amusing :lol:

What makes me chuckle is the side-eye that Jewish and Islamic religious scholars give to Christianity when it comes to its claims of "monotheism".

Meanwhile the eucharist is ritual cannibalism.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Things are going swimmingly in Europe:

6720.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Mark Rutte condemns ‘pure violence’ at protests over weekend, as thousands also gather in Brussels

5350.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Jens Spahn issues stark warning as neighbouring Austria implements contentious new Covid lockdown

6240.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Reintroduction of restrictions has led to violent protests in European cities

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Meanwhile the eucharist is miraculous cannibalism.

FTFY

Imagine all these priests that can all accomplish incredible magic! But they never learned anything beyond two party tricks that they perform in front of  a mostly bored audience every week.

Catholicism!

• True 1