~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Big government doing big government things:

DistillerHandSan-1200x630.jpg
REASON.COM

Distilleries just learned that to cap off a brutal year, the FDA is charging them a fee normally reserved for drug manufacturing facilities.

Potentially compounding the impact of the fee is that it is determined by registration as an OTC (over-the-counter) monograph drug production facility in the previous calendar year. That means that distilleries not only have to contend with this year's fee; if they fail to update their status with the FDA by tomorrow, they may be liable for an additional fee in 2022 as well.

Could be 80,000 dead over the next three weeks.

(CNN)As 2020 nears its end, the US reported a record death toll for the second day in a row, with more than 3,740 Covid-19 fatalities Wednesday.

And the outlook is grim for January. More than 80,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 over the next three weeks, a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ensemble forecast projects -- offering a stark reminder the nation is still facing challenging times.

:|

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Two things here:

the rise and spread of anti vaccination propaganda through social media, driven by the need for ever increasing engagement numbers, lies on the hands of zuck and dorsey and others. I'd wager many of the nurses and hospital staff have fallen in with the antivaxx junk through social media.

Further, there's a direct line between conservative attacks on the government and neoliberal austerity that has undermined trust in government so this is just a perfect storm of wonderful

• Guillotine 2

Nurses and doctors are sometimes exposed to so much sickness and death their brains get conditioned into "that won't happen to me" either by way of them thinking they're immune, or there are enough differences between them and their patients that it doesn't register that they really aren't that different. And that's BEFORE we get to the anti-vaxxer shit.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the rise and spread of anti vaccination propaganda through social media, driven by the need for ever increasing engagement numbers, lies on the hands of zuck and dorsey and others. I'd wager many of the nurses and hospital staff have fallen in with the antivaxx junk through social media.

Further, there's a direct line between conservative attacks on the government and neoliberal austerity that has undermined trust in government so this is just a perfect storm of wonderful

maybe unrestrained free speech isn’t really a great thing

Ontario's Minister of Finance has resigned after getting caught on a sunny foreign vacation (St. Barts) while the province was under lockdown:

It should be noted that Doug Ford's communications person also left the province to go home for Christmas (when gatherings were banned in both Ontario and then place she went to). The Ford government is horrible.

24 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Maybe this has been stated already but as of 11:59 tonight the “2 week paid off for Covid “ runs out . Our fantastic government did not renew it.

Shithole country.

Screen_Shot_2018_10_26_at_9.58.19_AM.png
SF.CURBED.COM

Special rapporteur cites SF and Oakland along with worst slums in the world

Yeah, in the comments someone says that because it's supposed to be intravenous the fact that it's being injecting into muscle probably means it's doing absolutely nothing. So I'd imagine they can get the actual vaccine sooner than 90 days from now, but it's still an unconscionable waste of a treatment with very limited supply.

47 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

oh for fuck's sake

I have a hard time to be upset about a mistake like this considering most health professionals are over worked, over stressed, and probably facing mental health crisis' after a year of being the only people trying to help, and seeing millions actively working to make their lives worst, including much of our government.

Usually medical malpractice, even when accidental, angers the fuck out of me. But after the last year, I don't know how most of them are still upright.0

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I always knew there was something off about @CastlevaniaNut18

I mean, I would be more offended, but it's Milo.

I did enjoy a bit of a petty power trip over this one patient earlier this week. It's a woman, though. She's a frequent flier and a truly awful human being. She's never discharged for more than a few days before coming right back because she's noncompliant. She has the worst ileostomy ever. Leaks constantly and she wants to act helpless and make us take care of it. She fucking goes home and downs laxatives to make it pour out and throw her lytes out of whack. Most of us refuse and make her do it herself. Problem is, she wants to constantly eat and drink, making the output even higher. So we usually decline to give her much on night shift. I'm already pissed because she called me a bitch and falsely accused me of punching her and she's calling out for more ice water at 3am. Her nurse is on break, so I explain to her why she doesn't need the extra fluids in the middle of the night. She gets pissed. I take her a cup with about 2 tsp of ice in it, set it on the table and walk away without a word. It was kinda funny.

But that's probably the meanest I've ever been. If you had the misfortune of caring for this awful human being, you'd commend me on my restraint!