~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Full on panic-buying across the state of Michigan today.

Yup, I do weekly groceries with three toddlers in the house. I was going to go shopping tonight, but I hear stores are running pretty thin. I'm going to have to camp out and go shopping first thing in the morning. Also, a few grocery stores have announced they are closing down this after this weekend for a couple of weeks. Fun.

3 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Full on panic-buying across the state of Michigan today.

Go figure that this happens the day after Trump completely flubbed his address about this.

Whole Foods looked like a zombie apocalypse movie. I'd been going in just to grab a bag of frozen potatoes, and I got one, but it was literally the last bag of ANYTHING in the entire frozen vegetables cooler.

S4NAbEk.jpg

I wound up buying a few extra things I know I could use but hadn't been planning on buying just in case it takes a while for things to get restocked. Which I imagine is what happened with a lot of other people, stopping in to just do normal shopping but spontaneously deciding to stock up once they saw the shelves getting stripped bare.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Yup, I do weekly groceries with three toddlers in the house. I was going to go shopping tonight, but I hear stores are running pretty thin. I'm going to have to camp out and go shopping first thing in the morning. Also, a few grocery stores have announced they are closing down this after this weekend for a couple of weeks. Fun.

3 toddlers.

God bless you.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Go figure that this happens the day after Trump completely flubbed his address about this.

Whole Foods looked like a zombie apocalypse movie. I'd been going in just to grab a bag of frozen potatoes, and I got one, but it was literally the last bag of ANYTHING in the entire frozen vegetables cooler.

S4NAbEk.jpg

I wound up buying a few extra things I know I could use but hadn't been planning on buying just in case it takes a while for things to get restocked. Which I imagine is what happened with a lot of other people, stopping in to just do normal shopping but spontaneously deciding to stock up once they saw the shelves getting stripped bare.

Whole Foods seems like a really expensive place to stock up on survival foods. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

1, 2, and 4. For the last half of the year it'll 2, 3, 4.

My wife and I have been together (in total) for 11 years, and ever since we first met, we always talked about having two. We're both children of two. And both sets of our parents are children of two.

We have a son who just turned 1 in December, and we both don't know if we could do another.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

My wife and I have been together (in total) for 11 years, and ever since we first met, we always talked about having two. We're both children of two. And both sets of our parents are children of two.

We have a son who just turned 1 in December, and we both don't know if we could do another.

Ha, that's how I felt after the first two. Luckily our kids are pretty independent. They don't even like sleeping with us. Sometimes my wife will want to sleep with one of the kids and our oldest two will legit sneak out in the middle of the night and he back to their own rooms and beds. It's especially insulting since our girls, the younger two, are perfectly happy sharing a bed even though they each have their own beds.

I have a 20sq/ft freezer in the basement I never use to save on energy. With how things are going, I think I'll plug it and stock up on some frozen food. I get that might be feeding into the shopping frenzy, but I'm expecting my office to shut down for a few weeks. I don't know why I wouldn't expect the same for some stores.

14 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

That's how all parents feel.  I now have 3.

Everyone at my workplace has to call in on a conference call tomorrow from 9-9:10 to talk about what our plan will be going forward. I work for Pepsi and the Coca Cola bottling plant nearby was shutdown today with no deliveries going out because someone tested positive there. Said they were an office worker and wasn’t involved with the making/packaging process part of the plant. 

a couple days ago my family bought a freeze dryer. Not in a doomsday prepper sorta way but for my sisters summer/fall garden and my marijuana (dry and cured in a day) Mom went shopping at the closest grocery store (also dropped my sister off for work) and said the lineups for the cashiers was all the way down the aisle. No toilet paper in sight. Went to another store close by and they too were out of TP. Brother use to work there and so we knew the manager. They said sales were up 87% Yesterday in comparison to the previous year on that same day. 

she also wanted to do a Costco run but said Nope after seeing the local news showing the lineups and empty shelves people were leaving. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

GOP is holding up COVID-19 bill unless anti-abortion stuff is added to it.

I'm serious. Line them against the wall.

I don't have them handy but I've seen multiple prominent right-wing personalities and maybe even a congressman comment today about how it's Nancy Pelosi pushing and not the other way around.

52 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Wait until you are the all the time play friend.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I have a 20sq/ft freezer in the basement I never use to save on energy. With how things are going, I think I'll plug it and stock up on some frozen food. I get that might be feeding into the shopping frenzy, but I'm expecting my office to shut down for a few weeks. I don't know why I wouldn't expect the same for some stores.

We also have an unused deep freezer in the basement... filled it up with food today. I've never seen anything like this so I just don't know what the hell to expect. Better safe than sorry. We'll use all the food eventually. My wife thought I was nuts, but again, I've never seen a reaction to a virus like this, so all bets are off.

My local Sam's had plenty of food, but ZERO toilet paper. Toilet paper will be the currency of the apocalypse.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

We also have an unused deep freezer in the basement... filled it up with food today. I've never seen anything like this so I just don't know what the hell to expect. Better safe than sorry. We'll use all the food eventually. My wife thought I was nuts, but again, I've never seen a reaction to a virus like this, so all bets are off.

My local Sam's had plenty of food, but ZERO toilet paper. Toilet paper will be the currency of the apocalypse.

This is the time when folks should just get a bidet.