~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

14 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I'm one of those employees for whom telework was just a complete and total impossibility until all of a sudden it wasn't.  Bringing my laptop home now to test it in a work at home environment.

I’m lucky I work from home full time. I’ll be very busy in the coming weeks 

So the FIA (motorsport governing body) is quickly becoming a model of what you shouldn't do. Mclaren pulled out of the Formula 1 race after a team member got Covid 19, but there hasn't been an official cancellation yet. It seems that the team principles had a meeting last night and decided the main race isn't going to happen, but they're still holding the rest of the event! That means you could still have hundreds of thousands of people gathering together, which seems like the only thing you really need to prevent. It's like the opposite of having sporting events without the fans. You could have all the fans from all over the world, coming together just to spread the virus.

Twitter seems to think that some of the drivers (from teams that haven't officially pulled out) have already gone home, but it seems some teams are still getting ready to do their practice session today. The gates were set to open 20 minutes ago, but it's unclear if they're going to let people in.

It's the ultimate act of indecision.

• Guillotine 2

3 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Acting President Pelosi is an actual possibility now.

:feelsgood: 

wait... I'm not supposed to touch my face. Do i have CORONA?! Oh wait I'm black and word on the street is black people are immune to Corona virus. (I'm not kidding, I heard a group of folks talking about this factoid last night :|)

19 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So the FIA (motorsport governing body) is quickly becoming a model of what you shouldn't do. Mclaren pulled out of the Formula 1 race after a team member got Covid 19, but there hasn't been an official cancellation yet. It seems that the team principles had a meeting last night and decided the main race isn't going to happen, but they're still holding the rest of the event! That means you could still have hundreds of thousands of people gathering together, which seems like the only thing you really need to prevent. It's like the opposite of having sporting events without the fans. You could have all the fans from all over the world, coming together just to spread the virus.

Twitter seems to think that some of the drivers (from teams that haven't officially pulled out) have already gone home, but it seems some teams are still getting ready to do their practice session today. The gates were set to open 20 minutes ago, but it's unclear if they're going to let people in.

It's the ultimate act of indecision.

The English Premier league is going forward with it's matches this weekend.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1