~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Realistically he's probably getting over this just fine.

Yes. He'll probably survive.  But just like a huge percentage of COVID survivors, he will battle lingering effects of the virus for weeks, maybe even months or years after he is virus free.  

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Probably. He will have the best healthcare in the nation, unlike the over 200,000 people who died. But, his administration is failing. This crisis is revealing (again) just how incompetent everyone is. No one knows how to communicate properly, no one knows what is happening, and it sounds like no one even really knows who is in charge. So yes, Trump will probably be just fine. But his administration won't. Trump is gonna lose this thing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Either some crazy shit is happening or the liberal video editing machine is up and running. 

I saw someone point this out earlier and I assumed it was just a cough where Trump caught himself, but I have to admit it does look suspiciously like an edit. Looks like a very violent reaction for him to immediately catch and go on without a hitch in his voice.

We have to assume Trump is desperate to get a message out to stop speculation and that he would never allow a video to go out that would make him look bad. So I wouldn't put it past him.

30 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I assume he will, but it's highly unlikely he is already getting over it unless he's had it even longer than they've said.

Whether his first positive came back on Wed or Thur, he is still right in the heart of the worst part.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

I saw someone point this out earlier and I assumed it was just a cough where Trump caught himself, but I have to admit it does look suspiciously like an edit. Looks like a very violent reaction for him to immediately catch and go on without a hitch in his voice.

We have to assume Trump is desperate to get a message out to stop speculation and that he would never allow a video to go out that would make him look bad. So I wouldn't put it past him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Either some crazy shit is happening or the liberal video editing machine is up and running. 

That was definitely a morph effect. Avid can do it too... some amateur editor in the white house cut that for sure.

EDIT: I just watched that video again on tv... that's a bad composite job. I don't know what the actual background is thats behind him its not what we see in the video. His background has been replaced. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That was definitely a morph effect. Avid can do it too... some amateur editor in the white house cut that for sure.

EDIT: I just watched that video again on tv... that's a bad composite job. I don't know what the actual background is thats behind him its not what we see in the video. His background has been replaced. 

I don't do much post work, but the reflection in the table seems to be consistent with the background. Are there plug-ins and VFX chains that make it easy to get the reflection down like that? 

20 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

I don't do much post work, but the reflection in the table seems to be consistent with the background. Are there plug-ins and VFX chains that make it easy to get the reflection down like that? 

I didn't look at the table. I was more looking at the outline around his head and hair.  Looked like some composting there... as far as reflections,  there are definite tricks and techniques to make those convincing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You know what's interesting that I didn't notice until I handed my phone to someone else to watch? You can hear the cut.

Maybe it's just a result of him catching himself before he coughed. But close your eyes and listen. It sounds like a cut, to me.