~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m going to get shit for saying this, but, if Trump recovers fully in the next 2-4 weeks, his numbers are going to soar. It’ll be similar to Reagan getting a huge boost from getting shot.

Reagan didn’t have anywhere NEAR the last few months Trump has had. Also Reagan couldn’t have avoided getting shot. Trump got himself and a bun hog other people sick.

It's possible his numbers would go up some, and if he came out taking things seriously then they could go up more, but the bottom is about to fall out. He'll have a long way to recover. 

If Biden was getting airlifted to the hospital for covid that he tested positive for less than 24 hours prior his presidential campaign would be over. 

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

If Biden was getting airlifted to the hospital for covid that he tested positive for less than 24 hours prior his presidential campaign would be over. 

Of course, but this has more to do with a double-standard for Democrats over any norm. :/  

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Of course, but this has more to do with a double-standard for Democrats over any norm. :/  

Well, not entirely. Not on this. Not for this president. Not this campaign. It's true that a president Biden or Clinton in that chopper would get more speculation about whether they should resign and it's a bit of a double standard when we don't get that .. but there are also specific and structural reasons why I don't see it ending on anything other than a net negative even with the double standards and trying to bully through.

38 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Well, not entirely. Not on this. Not for this president. Not this campaign. It's true that a president Biden or Clinton in that chopper would get more speculation about whether they should resign and it's a bit of a double standard when we don't get that .. but there are also specific and structural reasons why I don't see it ending on anything other than a net negative even with the double standards and trying to bully through.

I learned a long time ago it’s better to stay pessimistic, this way you’re never disappointed 

• Like 1

I’m a little confused, can someone clarify this: I thought if you tested positive it was a 30-day QT, 10-14 days is if you thought you were exposed to see if you begin getting symptoms (usually followed by, possibly a second, test to confirm)? A negative test pre-symptoms doesn’t mean it’s not incubating, it could just mean the virus is not shedding (ie: you’re not contagious) during the incubation period.

You CAN spread the virus during the 14-day incubation and be asymptomatic, but not everyone does. Some people go 10-12 days incubating without being contagious/shedding, which means any test taken pre-shedding is potentially a false-negative.