~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

52 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

"This happens with Senator [Paul] all the time."

I quite enjoyed this exchange and continue to join calls for Rand Paul and the position that his whole family should be launched to Neptune.

Neptune is too good for them. The coronavirus is too good for them. The only corona I want them to encounter is sol's. 

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

How do you know he doesn't have his own private room?

I don't think it matters

One would think, though, that being at high risk of severe infection or death from covid (age + potential stroke that just happened) you'd be wearing one while in the hospital

But not when your brain is on libertarianism

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just had "the talk" with parents-in-law about no Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. They were not happy. Now have to tell my mom...who will really not be happy.

Fun! My wife's family always gets together at her only surviving grandmother's house for American (read: real) Thanksgiving. She's in her 80's and lives with her son who has downs and a bad heart. An uncle of the family has been going through chemo for months now, and many of her cousins are in college on campus right now, and other family members are anti maskers based on Facebook posts. I don't think we've formally told them we aren't going to be part of that, but my wife has mentioned it in passing to her parents before.

The past few years we've just been having both of our sets of parents over at our place. Just six people, no other extended family. So we might be comfortable doing that. It's gonna depend on what the case numbers look like a month from now, I think. The trajectory the last few days is not encouraging.

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I don't think it matters

One would think, though, that being at high risk of severe infection or death from covid (age + potential stroke that just happened) you'd be wearing one while in the hospital

But not when your brain is on libertarianism

Patients aren't wearing masks in their own rooms. They have to wear them while out of the room, like if they're being transported for a procedure or something. But if they're in their own private room, it's not really necessary. That's how it is at my hospital and all the others around me as far as I'm aware.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Patients aren't wearing masks in their own rooms. They have to wear them while out of the room, like if they're being transported for a procedure or something. But if they're in their own private room, it's not really necessary. That's how it is at my hospital and all the others around me as far as I'm aware.

This is coming from the dude, as much as I love him, who thought Bill Mitchell had COVID because he was suffering from a pulmonary embolism. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

This is coming from the dude, as much as I love him, who thought Bill Mitchell had COVID because he was suffering from a pulmonary embolism. 

I'm drawing a blank as to who Bill Mitchell is. But, yeah. It'd be a bit much to make patients wear a mask 24/7 in a private room. One of my buddies says where he works patients have to wear them if staff is in the room, but otherwise not.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm drawing a blank as to who Bill Mitchell is. But, yeah. It'd be a bit much to make patients wear a mask 24/7 in a private room. One of my buddies says where he works patients have to wear them if staff is in the room, but otherwise not.

Basically a nobody. He got a little bit of buzz during the height of the pandemic for being a conspiracy theorist. Twitter permanently banned him, though.

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It was like that for me after surgery a couple weeks ago, they told me I didn’t need to be masked in my room.