~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

So they are saying the Pfizer vaccine would have to be given in 2 doses. In the trials it was 21 days apart and was 90% effective. I was curious, is this a shot we would have to get every year like the flu shot? 

I mean the virus hasn’t even been around for a year, so it’s kind of hard to know. :p

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

What the fuck.

I have made a few snide remarks about SD in the past couple of days, but I am seriously starting to suspect Noam is actively pursuing herd immunity in the state so she can turn around and tell everyone "see, that wasn't so bad" because the overall number of deaths will seem relatively small due to the low population of the state.

Basically she wants to make SD the example conservatives wish Sweden actually was....

This woman is fucking awful. This is Trump-level malfeasance where she will face no consequences because it is a crime so large no one ever thought to write a law covering it.

41 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I have made a few snide remarks about SD in the past couple of days, but I am seriously starting to suspect Noam is actively pursuing herd immunity in the state so she can turn around and tell everyone "see, that wasn't so bad" because the overall number of deaths will seem relatively small due to the low population of the state.

Basically she wants to make SD the example conservatives wish Sweden actually was....

This woman is fucking awful. This is Trump-level malfeasance where she will face no consequences because it is a crime so large no one ever thought to write a law covering it.

One of the worst things about America is that no one pays the price. This woman deserves to be in jail for criminal negligence. Instead, watch her fail up. She'll be a Senator soon, and anyone want to place a wager on her running for president in 2024?

41 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

People need to push back on the idea that through infection is a way to herd immunity. It's never happened before, and it means tens of thousands of deaths and needless suffering.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Seems fitting for Musk to get it given how little fucks he's given about the pandemic forcing his employees to return to work when his factory was supposed to be shut down.  Of course, if he got real sick, he'd get the Trump level of treatment and probably come out the other side just as nutty.  

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

People need to push back on the idea that through infection is a way to herd immunity. It's never happened before, and it means tens of thousands of deaths and needless suffering.

And, doesn’t exposure at that rate increase the chances of it mutating, potentially making these incoming vaccines worthless? 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

And, doesn’t exposure at that rate increase the chances of it mutating, potentially making these incoming vaccines worthless? 

d41586-020-02544-6_18348194.jpg
WWW.NATURE.COM

Different SARS-CoV-2 strains haven’t yet...

Long and nerdy...

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

Y2UYRKRFLEI6XFJOBRDVS4WPYA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The dramatic impact of the virus on the Secret Service’s presidential protection unit comes as growing numbers of prominent Trump allies and White House officials have fallen ill.