~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Jason said:

:rolleyes: The long term health effects are nbd, right? 

I never said the virus was no big deal, I said it wasn’t a death sentence and living in fear doesn’t help anyone. But the percentage of people with long term health effects is pretty small too.

If you’re healthy you will probably be fine. If you’re not healthy, then yeah, stay inside. But if MarioandSonic works out, he’s probably in decent shape and will be fine. 

18 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Nevada put 10 of its 17 counties on elevated status. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing in reality. Also the states highest cases/100k is Churchill County. Where Trump Jr. held a rally roughly 2 weeks ago...

SISOLAK_PRESSER-_OCT20-20-bh_007.jpg
WWW.REVIEWJOURNAL.COM

Gov. Steve Sisolak on Tuesday night told Nevadans that the fall spike in coronavirus is “our reality” and that behavior must change, adding that the next two weeks are crucial.

Maybe in 2 weeks he might do something but i doubt it.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

This is literally GOP COVID propaganda.

No, the GOP want everything open with no restrictions. I want people to act responsibly, wear a mask, wash hands, abd stay out of crowds. 

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that you would take one line out of a post, out of context to add some stupid dig. Seems to be wgat you do here.

16 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I never said the virus was no big deal, I said it wasn’t a death sentence and living in fear doesn’t help anyone. But the percentage of people with long term health effects is pretty small too.

If you’re healthy you will probably be fine. If you’re not healthy, then yeah, stay inside. But if MarioandSonic works out, he’s probably in decent shape and will be fine. 

Conjecture, the whole lot of it.

We don't know all of the long term effects because covid has been a thing for less than a year. Even based on the first sars virus we can only make inferences to longer term effects of this virus.

In fact, even with an asymptomatic case there are findings that suggest a high likelihood of serious heart problems after infection, regardless of heart conditions beforehand. And this is by no means the only thing to worry about, we don't know the full long term effects of the virus! More studies are needed but you can't say he will be fine, that's just irresponsible and more likely than not, wrong.

20 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

?m=02&d=20201109&t=2&i=1540620061&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Many COVID-19 survivors are likely to be at greater risk of developing mental illness, psychiatrists said on Monday, after a large study found 20% of those infected with the...

And something like 30%+ also develop heart and lung scarring, and cog fog.

This appears to be a lifelong illness.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Conjecture, the whole lot of it.

We don't know all of the long term effects because covid has been a thing for less than a year. Even based on the first sars virus we can only make inferences to longer term effects of this virus.

In fact, even with an asymptomatic case there are findings that suggest a high likelihood of serious heart problems after infection, regardless of heart conditions beforehand. And this is by no means the only thing to worry about, we don't know the full long term effects of the virus! More studies are needed but you can't say he will be fine, that's just irresponsible and more likely than not, wrong.

Theres also findings that show the majority of people who get it are asymptomatic, and suffer no negative effects. 

Like I said, protect yourself, wear a mask, stay out of crowds. But fear mongering and keeping people afraid doesn’t help anyone. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Theres also findings that show the majority of people who get it are asymptomatic, and suffer no negative effects. 

Like I said, protect yourself, wear a mask, stay out of crowds. But fear mongering and keeping people afraid doesn’t help anyone. 

Let's see those findings, published in reputable journals, or at least summarized by decent and reputable news organizations.

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

?m=02&d=20201109&t=2&i=1540620061&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Many COVID-19 survivors are likely to be at greater risk of developing mental illness, psychiatrists said on Monday, after a large study found 20% of those infected with the...

And something like 30%+ also develop heart and lung scarring, and cog fog.

This appears to be a lifelong illness.

There's nothing like a roll of the die to see if you get long term damage.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

My understanding from studies I've seen is that only around 20% of people are asymptomatic, and that the earlier estimates were higher because they included pre-symptomatic people who took longer to get visibly sick.

3 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I just got off the phone with my grandmother.  She's in bed resting right now.  I could definitely tell she was ill in her voice, but she seems to be okay.

I'm going to go ahead and put my gym membership on hold for now.  I'm scared to leave the house now...

I would suggest a middle ground between what others are saying, maybe.

I don't know what your gym workouts are like, but maybe you could go for runs out in the open and lift weights at home.

I don't mean to butt into your personal life, but I don't think it would be good for you to completely close yourself up in your house, but I tend to agree with the others that a gym may not be worth the risk.

18 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I would suggest a middle ground between what others are saying, maybe.

I don't know what your gym workouts are like, but maybe you could go for runs out in the open and lift weights at home.

I don't mean to butt into your personal life, but I don't think it would be good for you to completely close yourself up in your house, but I tend to agree with the others that a gym may not be worth the risk.

I wish I could setup a home gym, but I don't have enough space at my place.

I could get some dumbbells, but because of Covid, markup on those has made them way more expensive.

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I wish I could setup a home gym, but I don't have enough space at my place.

I could get some dumbbells, but because of Covid, markup on those has made them way more expensive.

I ordered a Paleton. They have a 0 interest promo but I plan to pay it off in Dec. It was a soft credit check but I want to get the debt paid asap. 

54 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't know how my wife caught it. We don't go out. We don't socialize. We go to the grocery store but we always mask up and try to keep distance from others. And then sanitize when we get back in the car and then wash our hands thoroughly when we get back home. If people like us can get it anybody can get it :/

Cold comfort, but you're in common company here

106601275-1593693771143gettyimages-12264
WWW.CNBC.COM

A new survey from the Centers for Disease Control highlights that many people who get infected with Covid-19 can't pinpoint the source. This is unsurprising, given the amount of...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CayceG said:

know I haven't had it yet. 

I fear thanksgiving, and all I'm doing is having dinner with my mom, brother, and grandfather, then my dad, his gf, and my brother. 

Anxiety is increasing. 

I’m having anxiety as well. I wish it wasn’t cold so we could at least have it outside.