~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

8 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I was planning to just pre-order a Thanksgiving dinner from a nearby restaurant, but my mom convinced me to go to her house instead.  It will only be 6 people though, so...I guess I'm safe?

I'm going to my mom's for thanksgiving. Me, her, brother, and grandad. Then the next day I'm doing the same with my dad. Me, dad, his gf, and my brother again. 

It should be fine. But I don't know what dad's doing the day before. If he goes to his gf's thanksgiving and it's a whole big deal, then I'm basically banking on that one-day period not being enough to be infectious.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I remember last week before the election I was talking about how we would be hitting 100,000 cases per day right around election day. Which led me to a grime calculation that even if Biden won we would double our Covid numbers by the time he took office in about 12 weeks. We would go from 10 million cases over about 7 monthes to 10 million more in 3.

At the time I used what I thought was a pretty horrible 100k per day over the next 12 weeks. A little over a week later and we are rocketing to 200k per day.

To bring it back around to Riley's post, 250k per day by Thanksgiving may be a conservative estimate at our current rate.

What the fuck does the fallout from Thanksgiving look like if we go into it at that number?!

One million a day by New Years. And from the looks of things, Canada won't be much behind (per capita anyway). 

• Sad 2

I actually had it tonight at Safeway. I asked the cashier where they keep the ball condoms and if they were next to the chin masks. The couple behind me were one of those that wear their mask barely even cover their mouths let alone over their noses. The husband/boyfriend whatever yelled at me in the parking lot but decided against making a bigger scene as a State Trooper came into the parking lot (more of chance than anything as their office is right next to our Safeway.

EDIT: I try to go later at night to the store when not many are out, but about once a week I run into one of those and I just got fed up with their stupidity tonight because I haven't been sleeping well.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I actually had it tonight at Safeway. I asked the cashier where they keep the ball condoms and if they were next to the chin masks. The couple behind me were one of those that wear their mask barely even cover their mouths let alone over their noses. The husband/boyfriend whatever yelled at me in the parking lot but decided against making a bigger scene as a State Trooper came into the parking lot (more of chance than anything as their office is right next to our Safeway.

EDIT: I try to go later at night to the store when not many are out, but about once a week I run into one of those and I just got fed up with their stupidity tonight because I haven't been sleeping well.  

Wait what happened

59 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'll be blunt: the people here going to Thanksgiving suppers shouldn't be. 

Also, here is a sad thread:

How on earth can you continue to claim this is a hoax while you're grasping for a breath of air.  Trump isn't going to save you from this virus nor will he care if you die.

Is it even possible to deprogram such a large swath of Americans who have been indoctrinated into Trumpism? 

8 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I was planning to just pre-order a Thanksgiving dinner from a nearby restaurant, but my mom convinced me to go to her house instead.  It will only be 6 people though, so...I guess I'm safe?

I looked into that and it's EXPENSIVE! I think I will be stuck with some tostito pizza rolls or cheese sticks.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'll be blunt: the people here going to Thanksgiving suppers shouldn't be. 

I agree, people here shouldn’t be going to anybody’s place for thanksgiving that is outside your home/daily circle. Reduced people helps with your chances but in the end all it takes is just a single person who is sick to doom all involved.

I should probably start posting BC tracing charts that show how just 1 person being A symptomatic lead to hundreds exposed and a few deaths. :|

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

I agree, people here shouldn’t be going to anybody’s place for thanksgiving that is outside your home/daily circle. Reduced people helps with your chances but in the end all it takes is just a single person who is sick to doom all involved.

I should probably start posting BC tracing charts that show how just 1 person being A symptomatic lead to hundreds exposed and a few deaths. :|

We're spending the day hiking (just my wife and I)

Also my wife is pretty sure she got it in March. She still has lingering symptoms. I only had one day that I made breakfast and thought it was tasteless (which is impossible because of how great I am). She did the antibodies test and it came back negative, so... who knows. Maybe I've had it? No clue! 

Glad I went to the store this morning.  Got TP, Paper towel, and Lysol wipes.

Everyone is gonna go crazy and try to buy as much throw stuff as they can fit in their Canyonero.

88da8b90-20eb-4f4e-a4ef-cff6ae26843d-whi
WWW.FREEP.COM

Gov. Whitmer's announcement “regarding the continued efforts to slow the spread of the virus” is expected at 6 p.m. Sunday in Lansing.

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Everyone is gonna go crazy and try to buy as much throw stuff as they can fit in their Canyonero.

88da8b90-20eb-4f4e-a4ef-cff6ae26843d-whi
WWW.FREEP.COM

Gov. Whitmer's announcement “regarding the continued efforts to slow the spread of the virus” is expected at 6 p.m. Sunday in Lansing.

Be safe

58 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Costco was clean out of paper towels. I have a pack of paper towels from them I haven't opened yet but figured I might as well get some more before they become impossible to find again; wound up getting some napkins to slow down my paper towel usage, and grabbed some rolls of Bounty and extra TP at the supermarket. Also have some Fantastik and what-not coming from Staples.

I don't want to horde--I don't even have the space to horde even if I wanted to--but I also don't want to find myself having to act quick on marked up product in a couple of months as happened back in March and April.

Here's some of the stuff I ordered on Staples today--normal-looking prices on stuff that could get hard to find again later. Free shipping no matter how small the cart I think, but you can get 10 reusable masks if you hit $50 and 10 reusable masks + some hand sanitizer if you hit $75 (I got the 10 masks despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I didn't actually quite hit $50).

Purell: https://www.staples.com/Purell-Advanced-Hand-Sanitizer-8-oz/product_320863?cid=EM:ordconfrm::skudata-cta-category=[PRODUCT]&akamai-feo=off

Fantastik: https://www.staples.com/Fantastik-Scrubbing-Bubbles-Lemon-Power-All-Purpose-Cleaner-Spray-Lemon-Scent-32oz/product_1600970?cid=EM:ordconfrm::skudata-cta-category=[PRODUCT]&akamai-feo=off

Another Fantastik listing (I think maybe it just doesn't have the lemon scenting and is technically marked as being for businesses? but should be the same thing I think): https://www.staples.com/fantastik-multi-surface-disinfectant-degreaser-32-oz-311836x/product_24444925?cid=EM:ordconfrm::skudata-cta-category=[PRODUCT]&akamai-feo=off

I just seen that the final county in the state of Nevada that had 0 cases (population 850ish) now has at least one case. I remember them on the news a few weeks back claiming they were immune because of all the arsenic in the drinking water. Yep, because that would seem like a fair trade-off to be proud of. 

1 minute ago, Littleronin said:

I just seen that the final county in the state of Nevada that had 0 cases (population 850ish) now has at least one case. I remember them on the news a few weeks back claiming they were immune because of all the arsenic in the drinking water. Yep, because that would seem like a fair trade-off to be proud of. 

The logic checks out. Can't die of COVID if you die of arsenic poisoning instead.