LORDY, THERE ARE TAPES! Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model Karen McDougal

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, confirmed in a telephone conversation on Friday that Mr. Trump had discussed the payments with Mr. Cohen on the tape but said the payment was ultimately never made. He said the recording was less than two minutes and demonstrated that the president had done nothing wrong.

"You see, my client offered to pay her $200,000, but the deal never went through. It is purely coincidental that his lawyer ended up paying her $200,000 and that my client then paid his lawyer $200,000. This proves my client's innocence."

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Just stop. This screams, "Please upvote me, Kal."

And this shouts from the highest heavens "Lalalalalala!  I'm sticking my fingers in my ears beacuse I don't want to be reminded that I live in a reality where there will be no political price to pay for this."

No, I'm not going to stop.  In fact, I just might crank it to 11!

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

And this shouts from the heavens "Lalalalalala!  I'm sticking my fingers in my ears beacuse I don't want to be reminded that I live in a reality where there will be no political price to pay for this."

No, I'm not going to stop.  In fact, I just might crank it to 11!

No, I'm reminded that you're illogical and want Kal's upvotes really bad. :p 

Just now, Chris- said:

The notion that there won't be a price to pay in 2020 is purposefully intransigent. 

Especially when the logic is, "We live in a world where Trump is president, so no political price."

I don't even know where to start with that poo nugget.

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

The notion that there won't be a price to pay in 2020 is purposefully intransigent. 

Someone wrote recently to the effect that it’s possible to miss the camel’s back breaking when you’re insisting that each straw that gets added is practically weightless. I’d agree with that.

But even with that in mind, in a week during which Trump might have committed some light treason? This specifically seems like nothing and it’s difficult to imaging anyone giving a fuck about it in 2 years.

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Someone wrote recently to the effect that it’s possible to miss the camel’s back breaking when you’re insisting that each straw that gets added is practically weightless. I’d agree with that.

But even with that in mind, in a week during which Trump might have committed some light treason? This specifically seems like nothing and it’s difficult to imaging anyone giving a fuck about it in 2 years.

That was Nate Silver.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Ah right on thanks. Forgot it was on twitter and was trolling my browsing history with no joy.

Yup, it was a good line.

And look, I get it, too. No one knows for sure what the ramifications for any of this are. At the same time, did any of us think the emails story from early 2015 and Benghazi would continue to be in the public consciousness up through the day of the election? Did any of us think the emails would come back in full force less than two weeks before election day?

I don't think anyone here did, because we can't know. But a drip-drip-drip story about Stormy or Russian interference are obviously potential problems, and with the unemployment number where it is currently (we know inflation is killing wages, but people like low unemployment numbers), any other president would be significantly more popular than Trump is.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

The moment the economy dips even a little dip he is fucked.

I don’t know that I’d go that far but I’d support the notion that the economy is going to matter much, much more than shit like this or the Mueller investigation. Those are side shows. I can’t think of an incumbent in the modern era that lost when the economy / job market was strong, unless I’m missing someone. Trump is a different kind of president but I don’t know if he’s different enough to matter in that respect.

The cold reality as mentioned is that this doesn't fucking matter. The "evangelicals" that help elect him didn't care. The people losing jobs because of his policies don't care. None of his toothless base care. They just see this as another attack to harden their defense of somebody that if in another party they would be asking for the head of. 

29 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

The cold reality as mentioned is that this doesn't fucking matter. The "evangelicals" that help elect him didn't care. The people losing jobs because of his policies don't care. None of his toothless base care. They just see this as another attack to harden their defense of somebody that if in another party they would be asking for the head of. 

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean dude rapes women and nobody cares, nobody is going to give a fuck about this at all.

44 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The real meat here is that Cohen did in fact tape his calls with Trump, and there are reports there are more, and that this isn't just a one time thing.