LORDY, THERE ARE TAPES! Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model Karen McDougal

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

That tweet is reeks of desperation, and the weirdest part is i'm sure he didn't write that one, lol.

I'm of the opinion that Team Trump leaked this info as a distraction.  If it was attorney-client privileged material, than only Trump could conceivably release it.  I'm sure him and his lawyers think bringing his various affairs back into focus is better optics than the current Russia stuff.  

10 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm of the opinion that Team Trump leaked this info as a distraction.  If it was attorney-client privileged material, than only Trump could conceivably release it.  I'm sure him and his lawyers think bringing his various affairs back into focus is better optics than the current Russia stuff.  

Chris Cuomo actually said that yesterday. Spent a bit of time talking about how this was a Trump team distraction and then talked about Russia and the summit.

Many in the news are actually saying that.

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Right, its desperation, and its not working.

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I think the main takeaway from this is that it means either Cohen has already flipped or he soon will because Trump just signaled no help is coming. Period.

This continues the trend where Trump seems content to let Mueller have the goods while Trump concentrates on the PR.

He's betting that no matter how hard Mueller nails him, it's still a political process he can't lose. And he may be right.

23 hours ago, 69los said:

This is looks like bait. The media's focus for the week has been Russia and looks to be taking a detour to TMZ-ville. I'm sure the administration would welcome this distraction.

I am most certainly it is bait. 

What is worse is it is working. I have a hard time feeling sorry for the press when they feel like "freedom of the press" is being hindered when this is how they use it all too often.

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

What gets me is the your favorite president part. I’m assuming he is talking about the US president, so there is only one, which by default sure I guess that could be true. If he is talking history, he is too arrogant to say that because he wishes it true. And he is too dumb to use that to annoy people because it isn’t. So I idk.

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

What gets me is the your favorite president part. I’m assuming he is talking about the US president, so there is only one, which by default sure I guess that could be true. If he is talking history, he is too arrogant to say that because he wishes it true. And he is too dumb to use that to annoy people because it isn’t. So I idk.

Donald Trump thinks he's the most popular Republican in history.  He bragged about being more popular than Abraham Lincoln.  Donald Trump also is not able to comprehend that the Gallup has only existed since 1935.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did she retract that later or no?

Snopes says she later said "I didn't LITERALLY mean rape" regarding her sworn testimony so it's a pretty fucking weak retraction...especially since the "retraction" was made under pressure. 

Before Hurt’s book came out, Trump’s lawyers pressured the publisher, W. W. Norton, to paste a clarifying statement from Ivana into the flyleaf of every copy. In it, she confirmed that she had said in a deposition that her husband had “raped” her, but added that she did not want those words to be interpreted in “a literal or criminal sense.” She also said, “As a woman, I felt violated.” Hurt said that he considers the note a non-denial denial, and believes that Ivana agreed to amend her words in order to secure the divorce settlement, in which she reportedly received fourteen million dollars in cash.

When the rape story resurfaced [in 2015], Ivana issued a statement saying that it was “without merit.” “She and Donald have raised three kids together. They’re picking their bedrooms in the White House,” Hurt said. “But she’s not saying it’s untrue, or that she didn’t swear to it under oath. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/are-we-not-going-to-talk-about-trump/

I'm pretty impressed so far with journalists have handled this. All networks have talked about this being controlled by the Trump administration as a likely distraction and have kept their focus on the failed summit and implications as to what Russia has on him. I was driving around a lot today, and the stories have been about Russia, the summit, and our intelligence agencies.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump raped somebody?

Three different rape accusations.

But I think people give Trump too much credit. Bill Clinton was accused of rape in his second term. He actually had a 60% approval rating during good economic times (though wages were still stagnant) while Trump has 41%. That's why when people say, "Nothing matters," and borrow that tired SNL line, they don't get that it is hurting, and his party actually have lost seats in deep red country, something that didn't happen under Bill (his party gained seats in a midterm despite Monica Lewinsky).

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm pretty impressed so far with journalists have handled this. All networks have talked about this being controlled by the Trump administration as a likely distraction and have kept their focus on the failed summit and implications as to what Russia has on him. I was driving around a lot today, and the stories have been about Russia, the summit, and our intelligence agencies.

Three different rape accusations.

But I think people give Trump too much credit. Bill Clinton was accused of rape in his second term. He actually had a 60% approval rating during good economic times (though wages were still stagnant) while Trump has 41%. That's why when people say, "Nothing matters," and borrow that tired SNL line, they don't get that it is hurting, and his party actually have lost seats in deep red country, something that didn't happen under Bill (his party gained seats in a midterm despite Monica Lewinsky).

Cyncism is easy.

• Thanks 1