"I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The damage control is so bad.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Sanders, you know she’s sitting in her office, sees him say something idiotic and just says “fuck”.  But then again she could quit and do something else.

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

I found Wi-Fi.

What the fuck.

Greetings, Tovarish!

We are happy to have you reconnected with the world via the Russianet and, as a citizen of the former United States of America yourself, we would like to welcome you to the newest territory of the Russian empire: the Confederate States of Russia. We are happy to have you as part of our family and you are among our newest additions alongside the nation state of Georgia and the region of Crimea. Much has changed since you last heard about the western hemisphere via the "Internet." Allow me to provide you with a few quick facts and reminders to be able to guide you through this brave new world where we serve alongside Comrade Papa Bear Putin for the glory of Mother Russia!

First: Since reforming your government the role of "President of the United States" has become obsolete. Your former President Donald Trump now serves faithfully in his role as "cuck bitch durak in chief" (afterwards: CBDC) of the Confederate Russian territories. To the surprise of nobody, your former Vice President was found committing homosexual acts and was promptly executed since this is Russian law. Vice cuck bitch durak Paul Ryan now serves alongside CBDC. This is a mostly ceremonial role that involves helping CBDC to do things such as wipe his ass, accept criticism for and in behalf of CBDC, etc. This is of course modeled after how CBDC does this for Comrade Papa Bear Putin. VCBD and CBDC serve to further your interests and well-being--which, of course, are the interests and well-being of the Russian state--which, of course, are the interests and well-being of the few pure-blood Russian elites and oligarchy.

Second: The first and greatest perk of being a slav is our tangy vodka. Also track suits. Please provide us with your address so we can ship these to you post haste. We will not use this information to put you on a list of potential dissenters.

Third: Though you are a participant of the Russian empire, you do not have full citizenship rights, and thus cannot exercise such privileges as forming relationships with our beautiful Eastern European women, growing your own potatoes and/or beets, or chain-smoking day and night since your cigarette rations are limited to one pack per week.

These are the most immediate and useful facts you need to know in this moment. A full pamphlet and identification kit will be shipped with your track suit and vodka.

For the glory of Mother Russia,

-GeneticBlueprint

Ministry of Truth, Peace, Plenty, and Love (TPPL or "Topple")

• Haha 3

Trump has been playing fast and loose with affirming the intelligence community's findings for over a year now. Grudgingly kind of acknowledging it when he gets cornered, but then goes right back to his preferred talking points.

People are marveling at him turning himself inside and out over this, but Trump is probably a little blindsided by it because it's what he's been doing all along. 

I keep saying that it feels like the media is finally settling into the dangerous area of accepting Trump as the new normal. Becoming complacent and/or distracted with other shiny object stories. And right at the worst time leading up to the election.

What happened in Helsinki and watching Trump on stage, with Putin, for all the world to see reminds me of something like a wakeup call for an addict. You slowly get desensitized to the warning signs until you're naked at a bus station offering to blow a guy for 5 bucks.

Sadly, I have little confidence this wakeup call will last for more than a few news cycles.

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

That's the dumbest tweet the alt right has made yet. How can they STILL not tell the different between coding a group of people and coding a specific person? Trump taking it up the ass from Putin is funny not because it makes fun of gay men but because it makes fun of Trump - especially since he sees himself as such a heterosexual alpha male. They just don't have the intelligence to understand the difference.

29 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That's the dumbest tweet the alt right has made yet. How can they STILL not tell the different between coding a group of people and coding a specific person? Trump taking it up the ass from Putin is funny not because it makes fun of gay men but because it makes fun of Trump - especially since he sees himself as such a heterosexual alpha male. They just don't have the intelligence to understand the difference.

1) they’re not alt right

2) it’s homophobic 

15 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

1) they’re not alt right

2) it’s homophobic 

It's something I've not really thought about, the use of "taking it up the ass" or "bending someone over" as insults. Are they homophobic? To me it seems more of a dominance thing than a gay thing (you are fucking someone, or getting fucked by them). Similar to how someone might say "man I got fucked on that deal." Is "getting fucked" homophobic because of the implication that you as a male are on the receiving end of another male? I am honestly curious if these things are widely considered homophobic. I could be wrong (and opinions can and will change over time), but I've always viewed those sayings as apart from sexuality, and to do with dominance.

• Thanks 2

The idea that Trump and Putin having sex together is used to emasculate both of them (particularly Trump here in the US). It's trolling Trump supporters (like the ~90% of evangelicals who support him) not just because he's a puppet or stooge, but specifically because he is that while also engaging in homosexual behavior. The implicit declaration is "your tough guy isn't tough because he's gay"

I agree that the cartoon and things like it (portraying someone as gay to make them look weak) are homophobic. But are all things related to sex (with the implication between men) homophobic, if used to insult someone? Like my aforementioned examples "He really took it up the ass on that one" or "wow, he got fucked"? 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Gay Men In Ecuador Are Being Beaten And Raped To ‘Cure’ Them, Activists Say

It's not hard to find stories about avowedly homophobic men raping other men as some sort of power play on them.

I know that, but the idea is Trump is so enamored with Putin, it's consentual.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I agree that the cartoon and things like it (portraying someone as gay to make them look weak) are homophobic. But are all things related to sex (with the implication between men) homophobic, if used to insult someone? Like my aforementioned examples "He really took it up the ass on that one" or "wow, he got fucked"? 

I'd say that's more on the rape-y side than homophobic. Both of those statements imply that the man did not or could not consent.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't think the joke is the fact that they're both men, it's that Trump melts like butter when Putin is around and rarely says anything negative without first shitting on the country he decided to lead.  I mean shit he thought Russia assisting in the investigation that Russia interfered in American elections was a great offer.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's something I've not really thought about, the use of "taking it up the ass" or "bending someone over" as insults. Are they homophobic? To me it seems more of a dominance thing than a gay thing (you are fucking someone, or getting fucked by them). Similar to how someone might say "man I got fucked on that deal." Is "getting fucked" homophobic because of the implication that you as a male are on the receiving end of another male? I am honestly curious if these things are widely considered homophobic. I could be wrong (and opinions can and will change over time), but I've always viewed those sayings as apart from sexuality, and to do with dominance.

It is absolutely homophobic language. The root of its is misogyny, though. The insult originated from the notion that a gay man receiving anal sex is like a woman by virtue of a man penetrating him, and being penetrated by a man is a way in which a woman’s weakness is shown. If you have to perpetuate ugly narratives about innocent bystanders to make your joke, you shouldn’t make the joke.

It is indefensible.