"I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki

19 minutes ago, Slug said:

I've given up on television news.  BBC world radio and my local NPR station is about it for me.

Hey, that's what I listen to a lot! Plus, I get to listen to BBC World News on my NPR station anyway.

Course, I work in news, so I get my fill 5 days a week anyway, but I prefer to slow it down when I'm not at work.

I don't think it's worth revisiting, but I came across this article about why the whole "where is the server?" thing is stupid. I assumed it was some conspiracy nonsense, but it's funny just how toothless a complaint it is. The TL:DR version is that the FBI almost certainly has a complete image of the hardware involved, including surrounding infrastructure, so the physical boxes are worthless as evidence.

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I don't think it's worth revisiting, but I came across this article about why the whole "where is the server?" thing is stupid. I assumed it was some conspiracy nonsense, but it's funny just how toothless a complaint it is. The TL:DR version is that the FBI almost certainly has a complete image of the hardware involved, including surrounding infrastructure, so the physical boxes are worthless as evidence.

I've seen some suggest that Dan Coats should resign, I think thats insane, he should continue to speak out on his own without the WH's approval and force Trump to fire him IMO.  I mean goodluck explaining that he fired his DNI cause he kept stating the intelligence communities position based on investigations into the matter instead of one at odds with reality.

25 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

These people don't believe global warming is a thing... do you really think they would understand server and computer Technology? Again conservatives and the Republican establishment have done this country a huge disservice playing to the ignorance of their voters for 30 years and it blew up in their faces with the election of Trump. We just have to hope there's enough people with sense left in this country to get us back on track... I have my doubts.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

These people don't believe global warming is a thing... do you really think they would understand server and computer Technology?

You do realize that there's a fairly vocal minority of climate change deniers that's made up of engineers, right?

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

These people don't believe global warming is a thing... do you really think they would understand server and computer Technology? Again conservatives and the Republican establishment have done this country a huge disservice playing to the ignorance of their voters for 30 years and it blew up in their faces with the election of Trump. We just have to hope there's enough people with sense left in this country to get us back on track... I have my doubts.

I personally love it when they use the line "where are the 33,000 emails?!?" Not realizing that the FBI had all emails that came to or from any State Department email addresses, and had she deleted or not provided any emails which they knew of, she would have been charged with obstruction and/or lying to the FBI at minimum.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't even think that the issue here is an understanding of digital forensics. I have no doubt that Trump lacks a fundamental understanding of how any of this works, but that's not the reason he keeps bringing it up. It's pretty simple deflection. As you correctly point out, the absence of facts is hardly a barrier to these people.

Still, I find it kinda funny that the complaint with the servers in general boils down to the equivalent of being mad that they didn't grab the emails that were printed out when they already had them on a flash drive.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

His base doesn't believe in climate change, but far right politicians certainly know it's real. They've seen the data (which is overwhelming, as you know). They just don't care, because they love that donor money (oil, etc.) and they'll lie and play dumb to keep it that way.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

His base doesn't believe in climate change, but far right politicians certainly know it's real. They've seen the data (which is overwhelming, as you know). They just don't care, because they love that donor money (oil, etc.) and they'll lie and play dumb to keep it that way.

That's my point... they've deliberately mislead their supporters for their own shortsighted benefit.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's my point... they've deliberately mislead their supporters for their own shortsighted benefit.

When you said "these people" at the beginning of the post I quoted I thought you meant Republican politicians, who just don't care, not their base, who I agree with you, are stupid and being deliberately mislead and believing it all genuinely. 

this is probably his only real play hoping everyone will accept that he is a dumbass that misspoke, since he is a dumbass and often can't string together 5 word sentences and everyone knows it he may as well use it to his advantage 

The amazing part of this whole shit show is that it will be considered water under the bridge in a few days, and we'll already be onto something equally ridiculous and repulsive he's said or done that shows there's no hole deep enough to cause him to stop digging.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

That's the best excuse they could come up with?

How long until he completely contradicts this statement and says he was right all along? I feel like it usually only takes him a day or two.

Yep in order for his explanation to hold he’ll have to unequivocally state it was Russia going forward.

I imagine he’ll forget that by tomorrow mornings tweet storm.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I think it’s actually more sinister, they don’t care because it will really only negatively affect the world’s poor in their lifetimes.

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“It better not happen again, or it’ll be serious business this time, guy!”

At least Obama had the balls to look Putin in the face and tell him to "cut it out"... also fuck McConnell. He refused to sign the joint statement the Obama administration wanted to put our denouncing Russian interference... dude is a HUGE piece of shit.